• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers take on last place Mariners

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't over the wall Steve

Shit Choo caught a ball

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second time DeShields has not been used the way it was drawn up. But Jackson's throw was enough up the line that Cherinos would have scored too had he gone. DeShields would surely have scored. But then ... Rosales made the point mute. But still -- why wasn't DeShields pinch running there?

TBH I'm a little disappointed in Banny's tactical prowess so far.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second time DeShields has not been used the way it was drawn up. But Jackson's throw was enough up the line that Cherinos would have scored too had he gone. DeShields would surely have scored. But then ... Rosales made the point mute. But still -- why wasn't DeShields pinch running there?

I was sitting there thinking the exact same thing.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo made an easy play difficult. But the team as a whole played a much crisper game tonight.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell a win there is always good

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Choo made an easy play difficult. But the team as a whole played a much crisper game tonight.

Agree... much crisper especially by the SS. Even drove a ball over Jackson's head. Lots of plays went TEX way ... as the smiles showed ... team knows they won that one the way they have lost games themselves. Maybe even that catch gets Choo going. He has to be very frustrated at not contributing. The catch may put him in a completely different mood.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH I'm a little disappointed in Banny's tactical prowess so far.

I have to agree with you on this as well Romeo. I may be in the minority but I thought that Tanner needs some innings under his belt before sticking him in the 8th of a 2-0 game. Felt we dodged a bullet there. This in addition to not using DeShields as a PR.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chalk Scheppers outing to nerves ... but we've seen that Scheppers before ... min 90s and the ball doesn't move a millimeter. Ogando was the same. His off-speed pitches he thew to Cruz were even scarier.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mendez/Scheppers, Kela, Tolleson, and Feliz is the order we should be rolling out right now with a lead, IMO.

Feliz doesn't miss many bats these days. Bacsik swears that he hears from his Ranger sources that we're are going to trade him this year, whether we're in it or not. As long as he's doing well and has trade value. The organization views Kela as his replacement.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mendez/Scheppers, Kela, Tolleson, and Feliz is the order we should be rolling out right now with a lead, IMO.

Feliz doesn't miss many bats these days. Bacsik swears that he hears from his Ranger sources that we're are going to trade him this year, whether we're in it or not. As long as he's doing well and has trade value. The organization views Kela as his replacement.

Agree. Tolleson has EARNED the 8th inning role.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Thompson pitched a good game for Frisco tonight. 6 innings with 2 hits, 0 walks, 0 runs and 4 strikeouts. Cody Buckel had a inning of relief where he only surrendered one hit. On the offensive side Alfaro hit his 5th double, and Wiilliams got his first HR.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agree. Tolleson has EARNED the 8th inning role.

I like Tolleson wherever the leverage is higher. Could not pick a tougher spot than the 7th tonight. Kela was backing Scheppers up ... and may be the eventual 9th inning guy but his first game home he would very likely have been so hyped up no telling where his ball would have gone. Given the situations ... I think Tollesson - Sheppers -- Feliz were the right guys although 2 of them always make you feel you are 5 seconds from going over a cliff.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jake Thompson pitched a good game for Frisco tonight. 6 innings with 2 hits, 0 walks, 0 runs and 4 strikeouts. Cody Buckel had a inning of relief where he only surrendered one hit. On the offensive side Alfaro hit his 5th double, and Wiilliams got his first HR.

Was at that game. Thompson did pitch well but is the most annoyingly slow on the mound even with the clock. Best thing I saw was Cody Buckel worked quick and confidently... 89mph FB on stadium gun. I think he got through the 4 guys he faced in less than 10 minutes.

Nick Williams' HR was totally crushed.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living where I am the only station which I can listen to, in the car anyway, is the Fan. Gotta tell ya, I'm not a huge fan of the Fan, no pun intended. Especially, Chris Arnold and Mike Fisher.

So it surprises me somewhat to see them doing so well in the ratings game. But I guess carrying so many games of our local teams does have some carry-over effect.

And I also must admit, I'm not unhappy to see the Ticket get taken down some. They are way too big for their britches IMO; especially Corby Davidson.

Of course it shows you what I know when Mike & Mike are doing great and I'd like to hit Greenburg in the head with a hammer.

D-FW sports radio ratings: Tight race shows The Fan, ESPN have almost caught The Ticket | Dallas Morning News