• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers/Stros: 4/19-4/21

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And back to no Rua

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm almost to the point they have no real interest in him.

It appears it is ride or die w Desmond for the foreseeable future this year, and prospect potential be damned. I liked adding the option of Desmond before the season started but not at the expense of seeing what your best prospects can do when his slump has been so extended

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears it is ride or die w Desmond for the foreseeable future this year, and prospect potential be damned. I liked adding the option of Desmond before the season started but not at the expense of seeing what your best prospects can do when his slump has been so extended
Well said and I completely agree.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And back to no Rua
Eventually when he has only played once every 5 or 6 games for a few weeks the media will claim that he isn't playing because he has only put up a 3 for his last 17 or some such. They will then claim his lack of playing time is due to his lack of productivity instead of acknowledging that it is exactly the reverse of that.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would have been better off not trading for Desmond it seems now.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Blake have a keen interest in our attire or what?
I have been on message boards where the color of the uniform and the hat is extremely important to a lot of folks on that board. I imagine Blake makes it known in case fans want to wear attire that matches the color the Rangers are wearing that day.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Ian Desmond is getting so much playing time as a result of what JD said when we signed him.

"He is our left fielder, and he will be all year," Rangers general manager Jon Daniels said

Ian Desmond to play left field for Rangers

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't trade for Desmond.
Yes, I knew that and used the word "traded" for some reason. Sometimes I really miss my mind.

Then in my next post I used the word "signed". lol

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been on message boards where the color of the uniform and the hat is extremely important to a lot of folks on that board. I imagine Blake makes it known in case fans want to wear attire that matches the color the Rangers are wearing that day.

That makes sense. I guess some folks do put some significance on color schemes.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes sense. I guess some folks do put some significance on color schemes.
I wore my red Rangers hat to games for years after they quit wearing a red hat, but there are some who would never do that.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He is our left fielder, and he will be all year," Rangers general manager Jon Daniels said

First, I wonder why JD made such a definitive statement to begin with? Second, I honestly have more faith in him to think, b/c he said something, it's now itched-in-stone and he's dug his heals in.

Am I giving JD too much slack? But something is going on, that's for sure.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wore my red Rangers hat to games for years after they quit wearing a red hat, but there are some who would never do that.

The only Ranger hat I have I think I got in the Toby Harrah era. The old blue top, with a red bill. Still wear it to games. ha ha

Guess the color scheme superstition never got to me.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First, I wonder why JD made such a definitive statement to begin with? Second, I honestly have more faith in him to think, b/c he said something, it's now itched-in-stone and he's dug his heals in.

Am I giving JD too much slack? But something is going on, that's for sure.
I wonder if there had been a gentleman's agreement between JD and Desmond that he would be given the opportunity to play everyday if he signed here.

I also wonder how much Banister feels obligated to play Desmond almost everyday because JD said that.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only Ranger hat I have I think I got in the Toby Harrah era. The old blue top, with a red bill. Still wear it to games. ha ha

Guess the color scheme superstition never got to me.
I had a couple of that color scheme and finally wore them out. I would probably wear that now if I still had one. There will always be something special about that red hat though since our first playoff run came with that color.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if there had been a gentleman's agreement between JD and Desmond that he would be given the opportunity to play everyday if he signed here.

I would find this stunning beyond stunning if a GM made a commitment to a player - any player - regarding his playing time. But for the sake of discussion, why on earth would this happen with Ian f__king Desmond?

This would run counter to most positive opinions I have of both JD and Banister.