• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers/Stros: 4/19-4/21

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid segment where Knox interacts with fans after the game. Asked this chick what brought them to the ballpark. I guess they were doing some kind of autism awareness event.

Hahaha oooohhh ok ya I don't watch the Rangers Live post game at all. I'll tune in to the pregame every now and then but I'm so out on the post game mostly because of that stupid 3-5 minute segment.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid segment where Knox interacts with fans after the game. Asked this chick what brought them to the ballpark. I guess they were doing some kind of autism awareness event.
Alot of our announcers, pre/post game people and Knox need to attend an AWARENESS event. Nothing else, just awareness. Buzz does not have a clue what is going on half of the time.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha oooohhh ok ya I don't watch the Rangers Live post game at all. I'll tune in to the pregame every now and then but I'm so out on the post game mostly because of that stupid 3-5 minute segment.
My TV is off after the last out.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good night men. Have a good tomorrow

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fister against Hamels tomorrow.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buzz does not have a clue what is going on half of the time.

As much as we've beat this dead horse, yet here we are, 6 long years later and Busby isn't a iota better today than he was in 2011. In fact, he may be worse, because now he's relaxed and just motoring mouthing along.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like his role now. Dyson ends up pitching in the toughest spots. He will probably lead the pen in WPA because of it too. Guy is so money right now.
He comes in and pitches a beauty in the 8th only to hope Tolley doesn't blow it in the 9th. We need a better closer than Tolleson. Actually I don't care for a role situation. The best guy should close according to the situation.imo

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He comes in and pitches a beauty in the 8th only to hope Tolley doesn't blow it in the 9th. We need a better closer than Tolleson. Actually I don't care for a role situation. The best guy should close according to the situation.imo

The best guy should pitch in the highest leverage situation. Last night set up perfectly for that.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed

last night it was scheduled for Dyson to face Gattis, Gomez and Gonzalez

Tolley was scheduled to face Castro (Rasmus pinch hit), Tucker & Altuve, with Springer next up

That's kind of a toss up really though the 9th was the tougher assignment as I think Altuve and Springer are better hitters than Gattis and Gomez, so I know I would've rather seen Dyson in the 9th last night

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed

Tolley was scheduled to face Castro (Rasmus pinch hit), Tucker & Altuve, with Springer next up

That's kind of a toss up really though the 9th was the tougher assignment as I think Altuve and Springer are better hitters than Gattis and Gomez, so I know I would've rather seen Dyson in the 9th last night
Agree with you. Each game has to set it's own situation. Just don't want a closer set in stone.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed

My dad of course being old school when there was not such things as closers always felt that if the guy in there was doing the job in the late innings like Dyson was mowing them down then leave him in there. He hated taking out a hot pitcher to bring in a guy who may not be. I kind of agree with him.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed

Yes, but Gattis and Gomez are more likely to put the ball in the seats. That's what you can't let happe there. That's why I want Dyson's sinker ball eating them up.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad of course being old school when there was not such things as closers always felt that if the guy in there was doing the job in the late innings like Dyson was mowing them down then leave him in there. He hated taking out a hot pitcher to bring in a guy who may not be. I kind of agree with him.

I kind of felt that way when Holland got pulled after 5. I know we have a rested bullpen, but holland looked his best all night on this last 5 hitters.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of like what I was saying. The game is quite different today especially in pitching. When the DH was implemented was a major factor.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of felt that way when Holland got pulled after 5. I know we have a rested bullpen, but holland looked his best all night on this last 5 hitters.
Read today that he is averaging 18.7 pitches per inning. Did not realize that. But he is one of those pitchers who has the stamina to throw a high pitch count and still be strong. So I think you're right in that he could have gone another inning and I too liked how he looked in the 5th. At least Willhemsen didn’t come in.