• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers snack on some M's & M's at the Grill: SEA @ TEX 6/3-5

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Kershaw on a 2 or 3 year deal count? Or, are you looking to lock up an ace longterm?

I'm out on Kershaw, and absolutely not for anything past 1 year if they have interest. Yes I'm thinking a controllable TORP. It's window opening time, and that means sustainability.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give Jamey Newberg credit because he is a fan with passion, first and foremost. Sometimes that passion gets in the way of him thinking objectively and clearly, but that happens to almost all passionate fans from time to time.

Last edited:

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give Jamey Newberg credit because he is a fan with passion, first and foremost. Simetimes that passion gets in the way of him thinking objectively and clearly, but that happens to almost all passionate fans from time to time.

fan is short for fanatic, which we can all admit to be guilty of from time to time

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm out on Kershaw, and absolutely not for anything past 1 year if they have interest. Yes I'm thinking a controllable TORP. It's window opening time, and that means sustainability.
If they do that, what do you think happens when Winn and Leiter show they are ready? What if both Otto and Dunning are pitching adequately? If they have a playoff type rotation in place, do they trade away pieces or send them to the pen and replace them with potential?

I think the Rangers are going to face that same type of question with both pitchers and hitters a lot over the course of the next couple of years. It is inevitable that they will not always make the right choice, but a lot is riding on them making the right choices 80 to 90% of the time in those scenarios.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do that, what do you think happens when Winn and Leiter show they are ready? What if both Otto and Dunning are pitching adequately? If they have a playoff type rotation in place, do they trade away pieces or send them to the pen and replace them with potential?

I think the Rangers are going to face that same type of question with both pitchers and hitters a lot over the course of the next couple of years. It is inevitable that they will not always make the right choice, but a lot is riding on them making the right choices 80 to 90% of the time in those scenarios.

Can't really speculate with confidence what I think will happen, but I can say that having too many good starting pitchers is a problem I hope the Rangers are faced with.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of want to get out young guys in place at the MLB level before signing or trading for a TORP. Resigning Perez would be enough for now

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't really speculate with confidence what I think will happen, but I can say that having too many good starting pitchers is a problem I hope the Rangers are faced with.
If both Winn and Leiter pitch great the rest of the season and the Rangers pick up a free agent pitcher, would you be in favor of trading Dunning and Otto? I think I would. I know that is a very big "if." Of course, that assumes that Perez is coming back.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of want to get out young guys in place at the MLB level before signing or trading for a TORP. Resigning Perez would be enough for now
I wouldn't have a problem with that.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is why i want to see a bunch of our young guys on the roster next season. i would rather see us go with Perez and 4 of our pitching prospects (Dunning, Otto, Winn & ?) next season and Seager, Semien, Garcia and the rest our prospects like Jung, Smith, Harris, Thompson, Duran, etc.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering when LeClerc is ready. Have to make some move too. Guessing Reks is not up too long. After that if Smith continues well but Ibanez is sent down

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If both Winn and Leiter pitch great the rest of the season and the Rangers pick up a free agent pitcher, would you be in favor of trading Dunning and Otto? I think I would. I know that is a very big "if." Of course, that assumes that Perez is coming back.

no, I want to go into 2023 with Dunning and Otto in the rotation. Even if Winn and Leiter are lights out the rest of this season.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is why i want to see a bunch of our young guys on the roster next season. i would rather see us go with Perez and 4 of our pitching prospects (Dunning, Otto, Winn & ?) next season and Seager, Semien, Garcia and the rest our prospects like Jung, Smith, Harris, Thompson, Duran, etc.
I am wondering if White bought himself more time with the catch and interested how Calhoun performs rest of year. We may pick up his option if all goes well

We really need to have one OF up who starts regularly and not be Eli White

Will be interesting how they handle 1B. We need more out of that position but now Huff in play too.
Big decisions ahead

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally speaking, I don't want Howard to ever throw another pitch for the Rangers.
All in favor raise your hand. Looks unanimous!

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am wondering if White bought himself more time with the catch and interested how Calhoun performs rest of year. We may pick up his option if all goes well

Will be interesting how they handle 1B. We need more out of that position but now Huff in play too.
Big decisions ahead
exactly sorry i left Huff off my list. i can't think of one OF prospect that fills the bill as a full time starter, so i think we may have to pick Calhoun's option and consider a rotational OF set-up like White & Thompson in LF next year.

i would look at a rotational set-up at C, 1B, 3B, LF with Heim and Huff rotating at C, maybe Harris & Huff at 1B, Jung and Smith at 3B & White and Thompson at LF. that's 7 and with Garcia, Seager, Semien & Calhoun that makes it 12. I'm stumped about the 13 positional player so i can't decide if it should be Wendzel or Duran but i lean toward Wendzel because i want Duran to get plenty of playing time and that won't happen at MLB level

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly sorry i left Huff off my list. i can't think of one OF prospect that fills the bill as a full time starter, so i think we may have to pick Calhoun's option and consider a rotational OF set-up like White & Thompson in LF next year.

i would look at a rotational set-up at C, 1B, 3B, LF with Heim and Huff rotating at C, maybe Harris & Huff at 1B, Jung and Smith at 3B & White and Thompson at LF. that's 7 and with Garcia, Seager, Semien & Calhoun that makes it 12. I'm stumped about the 13 positional player so i can't decide if it should be Wendzel or Duran but i lean toward Wendzel because i want Duran to get plenty of playing time and that won't happen at MLB level
Not bad at all. Let's go for it.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i forgot that we have Garver under contract so we would have to carry him as the 13th player instead of Wendzel or trade him

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in other news Joe G is canned from the Phils

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big decisions ahead
I think with Smith, Duran and Harris all destined for the OF, that it might be wise to get something for Calhoun at the deadline. Foscue might need a corner spot too.