• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Royally receive Kansas City for four 7/28-7/31

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if there's a correlation with the recent bruhaha over Darvish's perceived lack of interest in the "team," but tonight he looked more jubilant than usual.
I posted a picture of him looking very jubilant after a victory a few days ago. That talk from some in the media is a load of garbage.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buzz annoys me as much as he does everyone here, but at least he had an excited home run call that added something to the whole thing. Dave Raymond would have just said "and Moreland has hit a home run" in a boring quiet monotone voice.

Buzz's home run calls are actually pretty good.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports tweets that top catching prospect Francisco Mejia is headed to the Brewers in the deal. Yahoo’s Jeff Passan tweets that one of left-hander Justus Sheffield or right-hander Triston McKenzie could be in the deal as well, and Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer also mentions Sheffield as a possibility (Twitter link). Rosenthal tweets that shortstop Yu-Cheng Chang and outfielder Greg Allen are going to the Brewers as well.
Glad we passed on that nonsense type of deal. Do not need Lucroy. If we are going to shoot a silver bullet it better be for a TORP.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you still think the Astros will be in first place soon?
I think this next road trip may be the toughest of the entire season for the Rangers. They are beginning to pitch better and play better defense. But winning series in Baltimore or Houston is going to be a big task.

I say broom the Royals tomorrow and take one in Baltimore and one in Houston and one in Colorado and we should be OK coming home.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports tweets that top catching prospect Francisco Mejia is headed to the Brewers in the deal. Yahoo’s Jeff Passan tweets that one of left-hander Justus Sheffield or right-hander Triston McKenzie could be in the deal as well, and Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer also mentions Sheffield as a possibility (Twitter link). Rosenthal tweets that shortstop Yu-Cheng Chang and outfielder Greg Allen are going to the Brewers as well.
I know nothing about Chang or Allen, but I do know Mejia and Sheffield were both rated high within their system. Seems like a pretty good haul for the Brewers.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this next road trip may be the toughest of the entire season for the Rangers. They are beginning to pitch better and play better defense. But winning series in Baltimore or Houston is going to be a big task.

I say broom the Royals tomorrow and take one in Baltimore and one in Houston and one in Colorado and we should be OK coming home.

The Orioles are not throwing good pitchers at us and are on a long losing streak, the Rangers have completely destroyed the Astros this year, and the Rockies are not a good team. I don't think we will sweep the road trip or anything, but it will be better than you think.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Orioles are not throwing good pitchers at us and are on a long losing streak, the Rangers have completely destroyed the Astros this year, and the Rockies are not a good team. I don't think we will sweep the road trip or anything, but it will be better than you think.

Walk off against Oakland Monday and tonight's walk off certainly has boosted their confidence for sure

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheffield #5, Mejia #6, Chang #12, and Allen #22 in their system. So Allen is likely just a throw-in. I'd never even heard of Chang, but I guess he must have decent upside if he ranks #12 for them. They've got a respectable system.

So it looks like Cleveland didn't have to give up anyone in their top 4, but 5,6, and 12 is a good return for the Brew Crew.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walk off against Oakland Monday and tonight's walk off certainly has boosted their confidence for sure

The walk offs are fun, but I would really like to see a big blow out tomorrow ( in favor of the Rangers of course), then we would have the off day and head into Baltimore on a high note.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The walk offs are fun, but I would really like to see a big blow out tomorrow ( in favor of the Rangers of course), then we would have the off day and head into Baltimore on a high note.

Helps that the pitching has been much better, hopefully Harrell can pitch a nice game tomorrow and they can keep rolling

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheffield #5, Mejia #6, Chang #12, and Allen #22 in their system. So Allen is likely just a throw-in. I'd never even heard of Chang, but I guess he must have decent upside if he ranks #12 for them. They've got a respectable system.

So it looks like Cleveland didn't have to give up anyone in their top 4, but 5,6, and 12 is a good return for the Brew Crew.
Any idea how 5, 6, and 12 in their system would rank in ours? Of course we wouldn't have a top catching prospect to put in the deal.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any idea how 5, 6, and 12 in their system would rank in ours? Of course we wouldn't have a top catching prospect to put in the deal.
Funny you asked because I was just looking up that very thing. Keith Law has our system at #9 and Cleveland's at #11. Sheffield ranked just outside his top 100, as did Yohander Mendez.

So based on his rankings alone, a similar package from us would be Mendez, Beras, Matuella, and a throw-in like Sadzec.