• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Play Three Games in San Diego July 28-30

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamey was just offering an opinion, no real need to share it just to dunk on the guy
I don't get that. Opinions, including his, whether I agree or disagree with them, is a matter of discussion to me. There is a while lot of different kind of thinking involved in these things and I see the various takes as worthy of discussion. Much the same way we have discussed him wanting Gallo to come back, although this is a much more realistic situation.

You don't understand me sharing it and I don't understand you not understanding.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind trading Acuna, but trade him for a younger guy with a few years of control left. The same goes for Carter or just about anyone other than Walcott.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Scherzer can opt out in 60 days. He’s disgruntled and basically a salary dump. Should give up no more than 2 low prospects in ‘A’ ball.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is a good time?
When you are closer to being ready than we are. Not when 4 starting pitchers have major question marks, you need 2 bullpen pieces, you are missing a key offensive cog in Heim for the rest of the season, and you need a hitter or two.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get that. Opinions, including his, whether I agree or disagree with them, is a matter of discussion to me. There is a while lot of different kind of thinking involved in these things and I see the various takes as worthy of discussion. Much the same way we have discussed him wanting Gallo to come back, although this is a much more realistic situation.

You don't understand me sharing it and I don't understand you not understanding.

You didn't post that to disagree, you posted to mock. You could have easily said "I disagree and think it's an overpay." You could have asked if anyone felt the same way. But instead you simply said he'd approve of any ridiculous trade proposal, because he always views Rangers trades as fair.

Maybe that's your version of "discussion," who knows.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't post that to disagree, you posted to mock. You could have easily said "I disagree and think it's an overpay." You could have asked if anyone felt the same way. But instead you simply said he'd approve of any ridiculous trade proposal, because he always views Rangers trades as fair.

Maybe that's your version of "discussion," who knows.
Just go away. Your ability to read minds is as bad as your ability to determine what should be posted here amd what should not.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are closer to being ready than we are. Not when 4 starting pitchers have major question marks, you need 2 bullpen pieces, you are missing a key offensive cog in Heim for the rest of the season, and you need a hitter or two.
Then we might not ever be ready. I’ll wait and see what else we do before making that call

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just go away. Your ability to read minds is as bad as your ability to determine what should be posted here amd what should not.

Ironic, considering you're pretty confident you can read Jamey Newberg's mind

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People here get too worked up, both ways.

Our prospects are the best, they’re the worst. We can win it all this year, we have no chance. We should trade for pitchers, we should do nothing. Etc, etc, etc.

Here’s the truth- we are a GOOD TEAM. Maybe not the best, maybe not WS favorites, maybe not perfect… but we’re good. Same goes for our prospects. They’re good, some are elite. The majority of them are not un-tradeable. Not trying to play peacemaker or anything, but how about we see how things shake out before slamming the front office, media, Chris Young, any trades, etc.

If we trade for Scherzer, I’m withholding judgment. Maybe it blows up in our faces, maybe it’s the worst move ever, maybe it gets us to a WS title, or maybe somewhere in between. None of us can say for SURE what happens. A select few here like to think they know everything and can predict the future (“the Astros are sweeping us and we’ll be out of first place by the weekend”… GTFO).

How about this… whatever trade we make and gets finalized… how about we agree to at least wait and see how it all shakes out before ripping each other new ones? I mean, it’s cool to have general opinions, and of course if CY trades the entire farm for trash we can pile on. But if we trade Acuna and Saggese for Scherzer… how about we at least give Scherzer like 2-3 starts before bringing out the pitchforks for him, CY, and anyone else we acquire?

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our prospects are the best, they’re the worst. We can win it all this year, we have no chance. We should trade for pitchers, we should do nothing. Etc, etc, etc.

Here’s the truth- we are a GOOD TEAM. Maybe not the best, maybe not WS favorites, maybe not perfect… but we’re good. Same goes for our prospects. They’re good, some are elite. The majority of them are not un-tradeable. Not trying to play peacemaker or anything, but how about we see how things shake out before slamming the front office, media, Chris Young, any trades, etc.

If we trade for Scherzer, I’m withholding judgment. Maybe it blows up in our faces, maybe it’s the worst move ever, maybe it gets us to a WS title, or maybe somewhere in between. None of us can say for SURE what happens. A select few here like to think they know everything and can predict the future (“the Astros are sweeping us and we’ll be out of first place by the weekend”… GTFO).

How about this… whatever trade we make and gets finalized… how about we agree to at least wait and see how it all shakes out before ripping each other new ones? I mean, it’s cool to have general opinions, and of course if CY trades the entire farm for trash we can pile on. But if we trade Acuna and Saggese for Scherzer… how about we at least give Scherzer like 2-3 starts before bringing out the pitchforks for him, CY, and anyone else we acquire?

I"m still not really understanding what they see in Scherzer.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like what you have said. It is exactly what we all should be feeling

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m still not really understanding what they see in Scherzer.
They are better qualified to make these decisions. I don’t claim to be an expert but I can see where they think he would be a positive addition.

Again I’m not the expert analyst some seem to be