• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers motor into Detroit to rock the Tigers - 8/20 - 23

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at the Astros game...Never been so sick in my life....Ugh those people didn't deserve what they saw tonight. Baseball can be a real cruel bitch that Yu has come close so many times and been denied and some career no name gets one no problem...

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highlights:

RHP Colby Lewis got two ground-ball double plays, giving him 11 for the season. He threw seven double-play pitches last season.

In the third, CF Delino DeShields reached on a bunt single. DeShields leads the American League in bunt hits with 10.

With the Venable play, Rangers outfielders have thrown out 13 runners at the plate for the season.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highlights:

RHP Colby Lewis got two ground-ball double plays, giving him 11 for the season. He threw seven double-play pitches last season.

In the third, CF Delino DeShields reached on a bunt single. DeShields leads the American League in bunt hits with 10.

With the Venable play, Rangers outfielders have thrown out 13 runners at the plate for the season.
I read that about Colby. I don't usually think of Colby and DP but just goes to show you. Also was saying earlier that we have thrown out 3 runners at the plate in the last 3 or 4 wins and all were pivotal in the victories. And from 3 different OFers.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Scheppers took the loss last night at RR. Walked 3 batters including 1 intentionally.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen so many people at Minute Maid...This is the fanbase that before the season was ready to have Crane and Lunhow run outta town for not spending money....grrr

Agreed... it wasn't just not spending money, it was not spending money stupidly and potentially blocking on the cusp talent... but all they saw were dollar signs, these are the same people that got mad when they traded a declining Wandy simply because he made 10 million dollars a year

I had a buddy who's dad refused to renew his season tickets a couple years ago, b/c he thought he should get a discount b/c the team was subpar... good luck getting those tickets at the price he had before, just enjoy the ride

If you do things right the turn around can happen relatively quick instead of throwing bad money at silly free agents b/c it looks good, worst way to run a franchise is simply to appease the fan base by spending money to spend money even though it doesn't make the team any better

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed... it wasn't just not spending money, it was not spending money stupidly and potentially blocking on the cusp talent... but all they saw were dollar signs, these are the same people that got mad when they traded a declining Wandy simply because he made 10 million dollars a year

I had a buddy who's dad refused to renew his season tickets a couple years ago, b/c he thought he should get a discount b/c the team was subpar... good luck getting those tickets at the price he had before, just enjoy the ride

If you do things right the turn around can happen relatively quick instead of throwing bad money at silly free agents b/c it looks good, worst way to run a franchise is simply to appease the fan base by spending money to spend money even though it doesn't make the team any better

Re throwing $ at silly free agents. Getting Ham and Nap back were good baseball moves but they surely had curb appeal as well. I still think they help put fans in the stands. Good owners have to find the balance. Hamels I think helps sell tickets and is a value

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are a 1/2 game out of the wildcard
WC is nice but I've got my mind set on the division and it is certainly obtainable. We have the rotation and bp to get it now. Biggest concern for me is some consistency in the offense.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WC is nice but I've got my mind set on the division and it is certainly obtainable. We have the rotation and bp to get it now. Biggest concern for me is some consistency in the offense.

Rotation still isn't a sure thing, but we've got pieces to work with now. Same goes for the pen. You're right that consistency of the offense is the biggest question mark. They're quite streaky this year. If they're gonna really make a run they can't hit the skids for two weeks at a time at any point down the stretch.

Nevertheless, it's nothing short of amazing we're even having this conversation at this point in the season. We're four games out of first with 5 weeks left and plenty of head to head match ups against teams we have to beat. Our destiny is almost entirely in our own hands. What more can you ask for?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotation still isn't a sure thing, but we've got pieces to work with now. Same goes for the pen. You're right that consistency of the offense is the biggest question mark. They're quite streaky this year. If they're gonna really make a run they can't hit the skids for two weeks at a time at any point down the stretch.

Nevertheless, it's nothing short of amazing we're even having this conversation at this point in the season. We're four games out of first with 5 weeks left and plenty of head to head match ups against teams we have to beat. Our destiny is almost entirely in our own hands. What more can you ask for?
Can't ask for more. The stage is set for an exciting finish. Really like our chances with Hamels Derek Martin and Colby with the BP new comers JD brought it at the right time.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would sure love to win the division, but I would take getting into the playoffs any way possible, and see how it plays out from there. Might squeak in and then get on a little run, and possibly surprise some folks. However, like you say, I don't think this offense is consistent enough to make a real deep run. Could get hot at the right time though and who knows what might happen.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't ask for more. The stage is set for an exciting finish. Really like our chances with Hamels Derek Martin and Colby with the BP new comers JD brought it at the right time.

I give a lot of credit to ownership/FO/Banister for having us in this position. Honestly, I'm shocked we're in such a place to begin with.

But isn't it a grand one to be in? Regardless really, of how it turns out, this season has been as surprisingly good as anyone I ever remember, under the circumstances.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers send disappointing OF Michael Choice to Indians

The Indians have acquired outfielder Michael Choice from the Rangers, per MLB.com, which did not indicate who or what Texas received in return.

The 25-year-old Choice has been a disappointment whenever given the chance to play for Texas. He managed a .182/..250/.320 slash line in 253 at-bats last year.

He has also struggled at Triple-A Round Rock this season with a .244 average and 115 strikeouts in 406 at-bats.

So long MC, wish we hadn't moved Gentry for our return in this one

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby Lewis records 14th win of year for Rangers

Rangers starter Colby Lewis improved to 14-5 on the year, Friday, with a win over Detroit.

Lewis won for the sixth time in his last seven decisions. He threw seven shutout innings, the first time since May 1 he hasn't allowed a run.

Colby has been outstanding for the most part this year

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are a 1/2 game out of the wildcard

41 games left, they can make up lots of ground on the WC or the division. Just take care of business against the AL West.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shawn Tolleson saves 24th of year for Rangers

Rangers closer Shawn Tolleson pitched a scoreless ninth inning to record his 24th save of the year, Friday against Detroit.

Tolleson allowed one hit and struck out three to convert his 10th straight save opportunity and save his sixth game in the month of August.

Tolleson could save 35+ games, that would be a nice building block for next year.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you what impresses me. Perez hasn't been as consistent as he was before TJS just yet, but he's certainly exceeded my expectations. His command still leaves him at times which is to be expected, but his stuff has lost nothing, and he'll just continue to get better. Kid looks like a hell of a pitcher to have as your #4 in your rotation for the next couple of years.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you what impresses me. Perez hasn't been as consistent as he was before TJS just yet, but he's certainly exceeded my expectations. His command still leaves him at times which is to be expected, but his stuff has lost nothing, and he'll just continue to get better. Kid looks like a hell of a pitcher to have as your #4 in your rotation for the next couple of years.

He has a good head on shoulders too. Gallardo has no room on the squad IMO unless Yu goes backwards and even then it's a push

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a good head on shoulders too. Gallardo has no room on the squad IMO unless Yu goes backwards and even then it's a push

Gallardo will get a QO. Win win for Texas whether he accepts or declines.