• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host the Lowly Orioles June 4-6

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't seem to understand me using the word "if." Either that, or you are purposely ignoring me using that word for some reason. The post I made is completely different depending on if that word is used or not.

Please...let my words play out as I used them.

Really The “If” makes no difference to me. It would not necessarily be a mistake to not trade Minor if they got a good extension. But sure I am not against trading him.
Just think it pretty harsh to put JD on the block if he does not rebuild the exact way you like. If he fails to trade just can the GM. That’s how it comes across to me.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to have a contingency plan for a 3rd catcher if IKF out

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what is needed to be done if we win these upcoming series?

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole idea of getting a bunch of retread arms was to keep the youngsters in AAA and AA to continue to develop. Not call them up to get exposed.
I think it that was the idea that they would have gotten healthier pitchers in the offseason.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really The “If” makes no difference to me. It would not necessarily be a mistake to not trade Minor if they got a good extension. But sure I am not against trading him.
Just think it pretty harsh to put JD on the block if he does not rebuild the exact way you like. If he fails to trade just can the GM. That’s how it comes across to me.
Of course, it doesn't matter to you. They would not make a mistake in judgment in your estimation.

When telling me to wait to judge, the word "if" is extremely important. It means I am not judging yet so your admonition to me made no sense. Just me bringing up the possibility that it could eventually be said that they made a mistake was enough to draw you offsides somehow. Wait until I say they made a mistake before claiming I should be ashamed pf questioning their unquestionable judgment. lol

"If" makes a huge difference.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the Rangers are 11-16 against teams within a couple of games of .500 or better.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the Rangers are 11-16 against teams within a couple of games of .500 or better.
It looks like they have 37 games against such teams between now and the deadline. They only play 11 games against the dregs of the league in that time. So if they hold to form they go 7-4 in those 11 games against the dregs and 15-22 in the games against better teams. I believe that would put them right at .500.

I am too lazy to figure out if teams like Boston, Oakland, and Cleveland have easier schedules or harder ones.

I wonder how far behind the second WC spot we have to be to stay fully on the rebuilding course and sell, sell, sell?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like they have 37 games against such teams between now and the deadline. They only play 11 games against the dregs of the league in that time. So if they hold to form they go 7-4 in those 11 games against the dregs and 15-22 in the games against better teams. I believe that would put them right at .500.

I am too lazy to figure out if teams like Boston, Oakland, and Cleveland have easier schedules or harder ones.

I wonder how far behind the second WC spot we have to be to stay fully on the rebuilding course and sell, sell, sell?

We might not always agree but we do here... trade them all if they have value

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, it doesn't matter to you. They would not make a mistake in judgment in your estimation.

When telling me to wait to judge, the word "if" is extremely important. It means I am not judging yet so your admonition to me made no sense. Just me bringing up the possibility that it could eventually be said that they made a mistake was enough to draw you offsides somehow. Wait until I say they made a mistake before claiming I should be ashamed pf questioning their unquestionable judgment. lol

"If" makes a huge difference.

Is this comment/ labeling towards me necessary?

I don’t mind if they sell sell sell but there’s a big difference between a bargain liquidation sale and a shrewd deal.
Thus a value extension to Minor is not a bad thing too. Pitchers of that caliber are hard to find

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This team is not rebuilding in the mold of the AAA quality Astros team of the past. They signed TJS retreads but also Lynn and Minor. I bet the budget goes up next year. More of a year of development.

Yes if me have to fight with all our might to beat Baltimore then the scheduled games ahead will be tough. Believe Boston and Oakland are playing well.

Let’s see how Palumbo does. Maybe he forces them to let him stay. Still not enough but may make a difference in trade vs extending Spitballing

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well one of the teams I thought might offer a package for Minor has signed Keuchel. Atlanta has signed him to a 1 year $13M deal

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole idea of getting a bunch of retread arms was to keep the youngsters in AAA and AA to continue to develop. Not call them up to get exposed.

Farrell should be able to start throwing he's been on the DL since late March with a fractured jaw, I would think it's healed up by now unless it was worse than reported or he had an infection. BTA some guys never come back from getting hit in the face, one of my players got hit flush and he never played again. Luckily one of the guys was an EMT so we took him to the hospital in the back of my truck, we seen his X-Rays not good... :eek: (Took quite awhile to clean all of the blood up out of the carpet, still a bit of red tinge there to this day).

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this comment/ labeling towards me necessary?

I don’t mind if they sell sell sell but there’s a big difference between a bargain liquidation sale and a shrewd deal.
Thus a value extension to Minor is not a bad thing too. Pitchers of that caliber are hard to find
Of course no bargain basement sales.

A quality GM should have no problem getting a quality return on Minor and Pence. If we are willing to pay enough salary then Choo should bring a decent return as well. Minor, especially, should bring back a very good return. This is a lot different than trading a struggling Darvish or Hamels.

I have no problem wrapping up Minor for 2022 and beyond...after he becomes a free agent 17 months from now.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be harsh if that were the only questionable thing he has done over the years. There are several things. They have all been discussed at length on this board and others.

Also, JD isn't the only one to blame. Ownership is helping to steer the ship as well.