• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host The Diamondbacks July 16-17

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this is just shitty baseball

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awful

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like fittingly Odor will be the last out of the game

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and on a pitch he chases, not close to the zone

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hope the team gets their act together by Friday. I’m going to that game.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to be an ego thing, someone doesn't want to look like they were wrong with that guy and the premature contract
Probably the Fielder effect. They swallowed most of that salary, didn’t do the physical and ended up with damaged goods.

So now to admit another failure would put into question the competence of the front office.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to be an ego thing, someone doesn't want to look like they were wrong with that guy and the premature contract
I agree.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the Fielder effect. They swallowed most of that salary, didn’t do the physical and ended up with damaged goods.

So now to admit another failure would put into question the competence of the front office.
I think their competence already has to be questioned by anyone who is a bigger Rangers fan than they are a JD fan. They are making themselves look less competent by not admitting to and correcting mistakes.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frustrating FO and frustrating night, back at it tomorrow and hopefully Chavey is good and we run lots of right handed bats out there and sit left handed bats that suck

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This odor thing usually just enrages me, but it’s starting to get into sad / pathetic territory.

I feel for the guy on a personal level. I know he was banny’s favorite player. He embodied the mlb version of a “Banny rooster” and Banny would put him on the card no matter how bad he played.

I was hoping he would have to earn his playing time with the new manager, but he really hasn’t. I’m starting to believe more and more what I’ve thought all along. The front office is mandating that he plays. They are hoping beyond hope that he turns it around.

I’m happy for the guy that he will never have to worry about paying his bills and he was able to relocate his family out of Venezuela which is a total shithole country right now, but I wish there was a way for the guy to contribute to our team in a positive manner without taking 4 or 5 at bats from us almost every game.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not one to ever get political on here and I never agree with the president, but trump is right on this one!
Sorry wasn’t trying to get political. Just had to use the fake Trump tweet maker. :)

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think their competence already has to be questioned by anyone who is a bigger Rangers fan than they are a JD fan. They are making themselves look less competent by not admitting to and correcting mistakes.

I think they are plenty competent but they have an issue with egos that dont allow them to admit when they make mistakes and reverse the mistakes. Instead of chalking something up as a mistake or a loss, this organization tends to try and ride things past the point of no return to try to say "I told you so", instead of manning up and cutting their losses. It is ok to be wrong sometimes but dont set yourself back, trying to hold on to unproductive players, to prove your point.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are plenty competent but they have an issue with egos that dont allow them to admit when they make mistakes and reverse the mistakes. Instead of chalking something up as a mistake or a loss, this organization tends to try and ride things past the point of no return to try to say "I told you so", instead of manning up and cutting their losses. It is ok to be wrong sometimes but dont set yourself back, trying to hold on to unproductive players, to prove your point.

This is precisely what concerns me.

The next 2 weeks are very important for this franchise both now and in the future.

I’m hoping that they don’t trade the wrong guys, it seems like an absolute certainty that there will be moves and trades. Emphasis on the plural.

I would like to mainly see guys traded who have expiring contracts like Cabrera, pence, and forsythe.