• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host Boston For Three Games Aigust 2-4

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Via DMN Shawn McF

Bruce Bochy said that Cody Bradford could be good for around 70 pitches tonight, but they’ll monitor his workload.

He threw 46 pitches in first game off of the injured list on Tuesday.

So it looks like he could be stretched out pretty easily to make more starts

Better that then to come in and out our fires

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teodo is scheduled to pitch for Frisco tomorrow

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Rocker do last night? I came here to see what you thought.
Here is what Scott Lucas had to say:

Kumar Rocker again breezed through a Double A lineup, and again I was struck by how fluid he looked compared to any iteration of his previous deliveries. He delivered two and four-seam fastballs, a power slider, and a slightly slower breaker that you can call a curve or a slider variant. I did not see a change.

Swinging strikes by inning: 0, 0, 6, 7.

Here is what Tepid had to say:

Kumar Rocker is pitching well again tonight. Sitting 97-99 with both FBs and setting guys up for the SL. Maybe most impressive is that he throws a lot of strikes.

Rocker is done for the night. 4ip, 1h, 0er, 1bb, 4K, 43p)32s). Obviously still building up in his second full-seasonstart since Tommy John surgery, but he’s been VERY, VERY impressive. I mean, VERY impressive.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I'm with you guys about shifting focus to next year.
They already have deGrom, Mahle, Gray, Bradford and Dunning under contract for next year, along with Leiter and Teodo
getting closer and closer to being MLB-ready. Teodo in particular should get a soon promotion to AAA, and assuming he has some success,
he should have an honest chance to crack the rotation next year.
The bullpen will AGAIN need work, and this offensive lineup looks, well, offensive.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers are 0-2 this year in games they have hit 4 or more home runs in.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Shawn McFarland:

Walter Pennington was supposed to fly to Rochester on Monday. Instead he went from St. Paul, to Omaha, to Round Rock and now Arlington.

It’s been a week for the newest Ranger.

“Man, I don’t know where I am.”

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we sign 2 pitchers of that talent level, we will not be able to afford much for the bullpen. I would think we can only afford one.

Free Agent
deGrom
Mahle
Bradford
Gray
Dunning

Those six would be in the mix and we would have Leiter, Rocker
Teodo, and Acker as backups in Round Rock. Bratt could be in the mix as well.
As far as the rotation goes, they should sign someone that can fill the role Urena has this season, that can start or provide length out of the pen.
Besides a depth signing or two like that, stand pat.
Spend any major resources on fortifying the bullpen, and make some changes to the offense. Move Leody and Garcia, and give serious consideration to
upgrading the catcher spot. Heim is still an excellent backup catcher at minimum.
Also would bring in a new hitting coach.
Could also justify upgrading at 1B. If that's a plan, make a serious run at getting Vladdy Jr.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From Shawn McFarland:

Walter Pennington was supposed to fly to Rochester on Monday. Instead he went from St. Paul, to Omaha, to Round Rock and now Arlington.

It’s been a week for the newest Ranger.

“Man, I don’t know where I am.”
I think we’ll see him pitch tonight.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Kumar Rocker again breezed through a Double A lineup, and again I was struck by how fluid he looked compared to any iteration of his previous deliveries. He delivered two and four-seam fastballs, a power slider, and a slightly slower breaker that you can call a curve or a slider variant. I did not see a change.

Kumar Rocker is pitching well again tonight. Sitting 97-99 with both FBs and setting guys up for the SL. Maybe most impressive is that he throws a lot of strikes.

Rocker is done for the night. 4ip, 1h, 0er, 1bb, 4K, 43p)32s). Obviously still building up in his second full-seasonstart since Tommy John surgery, but he’s been VERY, VERY impressive. I mean, VERY impressive.
From what I’ve seen of Rocker, he’s a big strong guy that’s built to go 110 to 115 pitches in a game if he had to but they’ll never let him go over 100.

If I had to make a choice right now I’d take Rocker > Leiter.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That did not take long but hopefully won't hold.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, so far so good for Bradford. He is on pace to make it through 6 innings. If he does and allows 3 runs or less, that would be great for his first start in over 3 months.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey needs one here.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, so far so good for Bradford. He is on pace to make it through 6 innings. If he does and allows 3 runs or less, that would be great for his first start in over 3 months.
I'd like to see Bradford finish out the season in the rotation.
Let him be tested and see if he's legit.
Even though he's been really bad this year, kinda think Dunning needs the chance to
start, as well. Can't rely on old talent in the rotation.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rocker is done for the night. 4ip, 1h, 0er, 1bb, 4K, 43p)32s). Obviously still building up in his second full-seasonstart since Tommy John surgery, but he’s been VERY, VERY impressive. I mean, VERY impressive
Assuming he stays healthy, what do you see as a realistic timeframe for him making it to Arlington?
Late 2025? Out of camp 2026?

yardimatt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very positive stuff right there. Thanks for posting that.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming he stays healthy, what do you see as a realistic timeframe for him making it to Arlington?
Late 2025? Out of camp 2026?
I think if we have anywhere close to the pitching injuries we have had this year, we could see him by the break next year. If it is a more normal year, then late in the year.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bats still under achieving despite two HR

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight's start was Kohl Drake's sixth start at Hickory. He had one poor outing. In his other 5 he has averaged 5.1 innings per start and has given up a total of 5 earned runs in thise 5 starts. He has been very impressive this year.

Screenshot_20240803_195415_MiLB.jpg