• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host Boston For Three Games Aigust 2-4

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The White Sox have lost 18 in a row.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that 4 game sweep was the worst thing that could have happened to the Rangers.
Yes, it was part of that perfect storm which included Houston and Seattle both struggling at just the wrong time. Just when we could have sold in a market greatly slanted in the sellers direction. What rotten luck.

Then, the one trade we made as a seller, we got fleeced on.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bob Nightengale:

Teams that lost 18 or more consecutive games since 1960:
Philadelphia Phillies, 1961: 23 games.
Baltimore Orioles, 1988: 21 games.
Montreal Expos, 1969: 20 games.
Detroit Tigers, 1975, 19 games.
Kansas City Royals, 2005, 19 games.
Orioles, 2021: 19 games.
Chicago White Sox, 2024: 18 games.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Should we pursue him in free agency in a little over 3 months?
Even if Eovaldi comes back next year we definitely need another bonafide starter such as (C.Burnes or B.Snell) would also like one of the young pitchers to come along such as Leiter or Teodo as a fifth starter next year. Bradford would be in the mix and of course Degrom. Mahle could also be in the fray depending on how he pitches the rest of the way.
I am not sure where Jon Gray fits in but he can start in a pinch
or relieve. Of course Injuries play a part in all of this.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Eovaldi comes back next year we definitely need another bonafide starter such as (C.Burnes or B.Snell) would also like one of the young pitchers to come along such as Leiter or Teodo as a fifth starter next year. Bradford would be in the mix and of course Degrom. Mahle could also be in the fray depending on how he pitches the rest of the way.
I am not sure where Jon Gray fits in but he can start in a pinch
or relieve. Of course Injuries play a part in all of this.
If we sign 2 pitchers of that talent level, we will not be able to afford much for the bullpen. I would think we can only afford one.

Free Agent
deGrom
Mahle
Bradford
Gray
Dunning

Those six would be in the mix and we would have Leiter, Rocker
Teodo, and Acker as backups in Round Rock. Bratt could be in the mix as well.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If we sign 2 pitchers of that talent level, we will not be able to afford much for the bullpen. I would think we can only afford one.

Free Agent
deGrom
Mahle
Bradford
Gray
Dunning

Those six would be in the mix and we would have Leiter, Rocker
Teodo, and Acker as backups in Round Rock. Bratt could be in the mix as well.
I think your list would work well but I really would like one of the young guys to make a push to be in the starting 5. Want to see Leiter pitch well at RR or if he gets called up to show some improvement with the Rangers. Just have a feeling one of the. young guys are going to emerge.

Snell
Degrom
Mahle
Bradford
Leiter or Teodo and possibly Bratt.
Gray and Dunning could make some starts
if one of the young guys struggle or because of injury.
I see Rocker on the roster too.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your list would work well but I really would like one of the young guys to make a push to be in the starting 5. Want to see Leiter pitch well at RR or if he gets called up to show some improvement with the Rangers. Just have a feeling one of the. young guys are going to emerge.

Snell
Degrom
Mahle
Bradford
Leiter or Teodo and possibly Bratt.
Gray and Dunning could make some starts
if one of the young guys struggle or because of injury.
I see Rocker on the roster too.
Right now, I feel better about Rocker, Teodo amd Bratt than I do about Leiter. I hope that changes between now and the end of the year.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Right now, I feel better about Rocker, Teodo amd Bratt than I do about Leiter. I hope that changes between now and the end of the year.
I started following the affiliates again especially Hickory and Frisco.
We have some good young pitchers doing very well. I hope the upside continues.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen guys gp back down to AAA and not play well, almost like they are too depressed to do well. That is almost understandable to a certain degree. I imagine it takes a lot of motivation and inner strength to overcome that natural inclination.

Justin Foscue hasn't been like that at all. In 3 games, since going back down, he has gone 5 for 9 with 4 walks and a HR. I think that says a lot about him.

I remember Josh Smith doing something similar when he was sent back down.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that 4 game sweep was the worst thing that could have happened to the Rangers.
i will state, emphatically, we had nothing to trade and actually get a piece for the future, contracts, injuries and lack of production sealed that deal... it's amazing over a decade later you love being decisively wrong... consistently wrong... pathetically wrong

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chafin throws a clunker/head scratcher of an inning for his Rangers debut....3 hits 2 earned runs but no walks and 3 strikeouts

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chafin threw a bad pitch but his slider was deadly. Glad he will be here next year
One less arm needed

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will state, emphatically, we had nothing to trade and actually get a piece for the future, contracts, injuries and lack of production sealed that deal... it's amazing over a decade later you love being decisively wrong... consistently wrong... pathetically wrong
Eovaldi, Yates, Robertson, and Heaney are all players that can and will walk after this year. Eovaldi needs 44 more innings to vest his option and then he walks looking for a longer deal. Rangers, in a sellers market, could have and should have moved these guys for some decent prospects. Because now they will lose them for nothing. Keeping them together to "make a run" is a bad financial decision and more obviously a bad baseball decision. This team is not good this year and returning to competitive baseball as soon as next season should have been the priority.

The contracts of Seager, Semien, and deGrom necessitate long range viability and shrewd roster construction for the next 3-5 years.

Farm is somewhat bare now at the higher levels. And this season is essentially over.

The Royals unloaded an aging lefthander last year a few years past his prime with some control issues to a contending team. He helped that team win a WS while the Royals got back a TORP.

See how that works?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some notes from Shawn McFarland:

Jacob deGrom threw a 45-pitch, three “inning” bullpen today with eight warmup pitches in between each up-down. The next step is to face hitters.

“It’s definitely exciting,” he said. “… now you’re going to have [a batter] step in, that’s when you’re starting to get close”.

Jacob deGrom threw a 45-pitch, three “inning” bullpen today with eight warmup pitches in between each up-down. The next step is to face hitters.

“It’s definitely exciting,” he said. “… now you’re going to have [a batter] step in, that’s when you’re starting to get close”.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20240803_153418.jpg