• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers close out road trip at the Motor City

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hopeful that the Rangers get broadcasting rights back from Bally and it becomes easier to actually watch the games.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Grossman ABs and future role. I think his and Josh S diminish the most. He can pinch hit as needed but bet Garver gets more time than him
Would be surprised if Zeke does not get bulk of LF time for now and Janks is a fill in like Robbie

So that leaves Bubba and Miller out and on the fence re Leon
i think we go back to what was working with Zeke before the injury: Zeke DH's most of the time with him and Seager swapping once or twice a week between DH and SS.
that leaves LF

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like Josh but i think the best thing for him is playing not sitting on the bench 5 or 6 games out of every 7 and do that with the loaded roster we have would be for him to be at AAA once Duran and Garver returns. i think it's best for his future even if they send down Thompson and DFA Miller to make room for Duran and Garver. when and where is Smith going to play. Duran gets stuck in at DH virtually every day except to give Seager an occasional day at DH. Grossman and Jankowski are better in LF so i expect they will split those 5 or 6 days a week leaving 1 or 2 games. they are not going to sit Lowe, Semien, Seager or Jung so it isn't a matter of how well Smith is hitting or even playing
No reason Grossman should be taking time from Smith offensively or defensively

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's certainly capable in all 3 OF slots
Is he? He hasn’t played center or right up here so I can’t say all I know is he’s started 9 times in LF plus was used as a replacement there 3 other times. 11starts and 7 other times came in as a replacement at SS, 2 starts at 3rd and 1 & 1 at 2B.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason Grossman should be taking time from Smith offensively or defensively
I’ll leave that call to Bouchy. I personally like both of them, Jankowski and Thompson in LF so I’m passing it to Bouchy

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have Duran in LF and Garver at DH and b/u catcher for now, Jankowski and Smith on the bench and rotating in to give days off

I'd jettison Grossman and Miller, maybe keep Leon around to allow the DHing of Heim and/or Garver

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have Duran in LF and Garver at DH and b/u catcher for now, Jankowski and Smith on the bench and rotating in to give days off

I'd jettison Grossman and Miller, maybe keep Leon around to allow the DHing of Heim and/or Garver
Miller I think gets DFA’ed, Thompson goes down. I think they keep Leon. I just don’t think Bouchy would let Grossman go. There’s just too many players and not enough positions

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller I think gets DFA’ed, Thompson goes down. I think they keep Leon. I just don’t think Bouchy would let Grossman go. There’s just too many players and not enough positions
There's plenty of ABs if you just get rid of the dead weight, like Grossman and Miller, who's roles are easily filled by Jankowski and Smith

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's plenty of ABs if you just get rid of the dead weight, like Grossman and Miller, who's roles are easily filled by Jankowski and Smith
Again you’re preaching to wrong guy. You need to be preaching to Bouchy. It comes down to who he wants and I’m sure he’s going with his gut and not what we say

Could they DFA both sure? Sure

Could they elect to send Smith to AAA? Sure

Could they DFA Leon? Sure

Everything is in play

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think Grossman is superior to Smith or Jankowski and I do think there are plenty of ABs if you get rid of Miller and Grossman, by keeping Grossman you just muck things up by feeling obligated to play the veteran

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Smith hasn't played CF up here yet, but he did play some last year in the minors and once this year in ST. Duran has played some as well.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what Josh Smith will turn out to be, but I do know that all of us make some very premature judgments about players at times.

Go back and look at what folks were saying about Duran late last year. Yet, he has completely turned things around without ever going back to AAA.

Look back at our comments about Leiter.

Look back at the praises some were giving Bubba late last year and now some of the same folks are down on him.

Look back at the comments some made about Dunning last year.

It was not long ago we picked up an outfielder from the Dodgers and he had a few good games right after he came over and some thought he was a great pick up. Now he has had to go to Japan to find a job if I am not mistaken.

A lot of times we are all guilty of very premature judgment and it works both ways. Sometimes we are too quick to praise a guy and sometimes we are too quick to say the guy won't amount to much at all.
Don't forget about the comments in regards to Leody.

I still stand by my comments on Leiter in that unless he was able to start getting command of his pitches forget about it. Other than the one game with 7 walks his control has been so much better.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget about the comments in regards to Leody.

I still stand by my comments on Leiter in that unless he was able to start getting command of his pitches forget about it. Other than the one game with 7 walks his control has been so much better.
Both ways on Leody.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You weren't alone on Leiter. I even dropped him down in my rankings and I was one of biggest supporters last year. Lots of folks soured on him.

There is no problem in seeing problems that need to be corrected, like his control. The problem comes when folks begin to write those guys off way too prematurely.

Folks seem to buy in or sell much too quickly.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Grant's twin brother gets a promotion.

Last edited:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C - Heim, Garver, Leon
1B - Lowe, Garver
2B - Semien, Smith, Duran
3B - Jung, Smith, Duran
SS - Seager, Smith, Duran, Semien
COF - Garcia, Duran, Jankowski, Smith
CF - Tavares, Jankowski, Smith, Duran
DH - Garver (primary)

Thats 12 batters and pretty much all are capably covered 3 deep, except maybe 1B, but honestly no worse than it is now

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Garver will play tonight with Frisco and may be activated by the Rangers for the Seattle series

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C - Heim, Garver, Leon
1B - Lowe, Garver
2B - Semien, Smith, Duran
3B - Jung, Smith, Duran
SS - Seager, Smith, Duran, Semien
COF - Garcia, Duran, Jankowski, Smith
CF - Tavares, Jankowski, Smith, Duran
DH - Garver (primary)

Thats 12 batters and pretty much all are capably covered 3 deep, except maybe 1B, but honestly no worse than it is now
Roster allows 13

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You weren't alone on Leiter. I even dropped him down in my rankings and I was one of biggest supporters last year. Lots of folks soured on him.

There is no problem in seeing problems that need to be corrected, like his control. The problem comes when folks begin to write those guys off way too prematurely.

Folks seem to buy in or sell much too quickly.
There is a lot of knee jerking especially after a loss.