• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers Claim Rios, but still have to work out deal.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a strategy also. Ask for the world and get a kingdom instead.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently not though... or they did its just they were asking for even more earlier. But as of now they want 1 top prospect. We're not gonna give it to them. Which is the right move. But maybe as it gets closer they'll lower it. There isn't really a point in asking the whole world for players you put on waivers because it wont happen

I say JD is doing the right thing in not giving in to their demands. I do not want to give them anything worth while for Rios. If there is no deal he cannot be put back on waivers for 30 days so he would not be playoff eligible. So it really is now or never for Rios and Chicago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Saw that Oakland made a big move and claimed Rosales off of waivers. LOL! Hard to believe that Feliz is actually going to pitch an inning tonight. Did not know if that would happen this year or not.

I'm offering 2 to 1 odds that Rosales gets DFA'd again in 2013. I'm betting OAK has a stack of MLB personel transaction forms overprinted with Rosales name and player ID in Billy Beane's bottom left desk drawer.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha love reading Mlbtraderumors comments. " Rangers are desperate for a bat and they know it " Lol

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha love reading Mlbtraderumors comments. " Rangers are desperate for a bat and they know it " Lol
Didn't look to desperate against the Angels and the pitching looks very capable.:bullshit:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are these people paying attention to what the Rangers are doing?

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deal looks discouraging but definitely not done yet. Chicago is asking for the same price it was asking a week ago. But the fact of the matter is he isn't as valuable and never was worth a top prospect anyway. JD really pushing to get it done without losing anyone of importance, but chicago won't bite. Deal still not done, and chicago may feel the pressure as it gets closer to the deadline tomorrow

This is hardcore business. I wouldn't call them back. I would wait until they rang my phone, then tell them, thanks but no thanks. That approach will bring the price down.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we just hold strong on not giving them too much and make them blink

I call :bullshit: (not at you) at the WS. They need to dump his salary so they can make big moves this winter. They know it, we know it but you gotta play the game. Leave them the only option suitable for us...dump his money on us and get no carbon based life forms in return. Can we throw in Busby:)

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it ain't working

A green army sock full of pennies in the dark parking lot is a good strategy. Chicago is trying to fleece us like their criminal politicians. They think we are rubes.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could very well be Chicago tells Texas just to take him so they can rid of that contract.