• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers Claim Rios, but still have to work out deal.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can't steal Rios, then forget it. We don't need him. I've liked what Ive seen the last few days...yes, it's three games against a loser opponent ( and I'm not referring to the Angels record either), but I can see this lineup working...

I have liked it as well. Speed puts pressure on everyone starting with a pitcher who does not want to see those guys get on base because of what can happen at that point. And I do not take it for granted it was the Angels. After last week's three straight walk off wins you know they would have loved to beat our brains in.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In all our (my) interest in acquiring Rios to replace ostensibly Murphy ... I leave out one considerably significant point.

Rios plays RF.

In 10 seasons ... he has exactly ONE (1) game in LF ... against 984 in RF.

Dang

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all our (my) interest in acquiring Rios to replace ostensibly Murphy ... I leave out one considerably significant point.

Rios plays RF.

Dang

Play Martin in LF then, he's played there often this season

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Konerko is done, he fell off a cliff this year, that'll happen when you're 37

It has Berkman written all over it

The issue with plugging someone into the DH role is if we keep Profar, he's not a DH persay, BUT if you use him to rest the 3 IF guys and play him at DH one day a week, thats 4 days a week you can plug him into the lineup

And you leave yourself with roster flexibility, instead of tying up a spot with a positionless DH

do you see Beltre, Kinsler & Andrus each taking a day off every week even if they just move over to DH on that day? You nearly have to hogtie Beltre to get him to do that once a month, he wants to be on the field every game.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rios plays RF.

Dang
Martin replaces Murphy in left. It's more of a position swap than a direct replacement. He replaces Murphy in the sense that Murphy is no longer a ranger, and Martin shifts to left field instead of right.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 million I believe

You are right, it is 12.5 mill. I might be able to live with that but would like to see what we could get in the off season and pocket that money for now. You never know what else could become available on the waiver wire too.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that Oakland made a big move and claimed Rosales off of waivers. LOL! Hard to believe that Feliz is actually going to pitch an inning tonight. Did not know if that would happen this year or not.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that Oakland made a big move and claimed Rosales off of waivers. LOL! Hard to believe that Feliz is actually going to pitch an inning tonight. Did not know if that would happen this year or not.

Baby steps, he's still got a short distance to go to come back, but its up a mountainside

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deal looks discouraging but definitely not done yet. Chicago is asking for the same price it was asking a week ago. But the fact of the matter is he isn't as valuable and never was worth a top prospect anyway. JD really pushing to get it done without losing anyone of importance, but chicago won't bite. Deal still not done, and chicago may feel the pressure as it gets closer to the deadline tomorrow

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have 72 hours to work out a deal.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deal looks discouraging but definitely not done yet. Chicago is asking for the same price it was asking a week ago. But the fact of the matter is he isn't as valuable and never was worth a top prospect anyway. JD really pushing to get it done without losing anyone of importance, but chicago won't bite. Deal still not done, and chicago may feel the pressure as it gets closer to the deadline tomorrow

as long as we don't get crazy with what we give up for him I like the thought

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whenever it is lol. usually teams feel more pressure to get things done when their time is getting shorter. ya never know

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought they lowered there asking price?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have 72 hours to work out a deal.

actually 48 hours.

Because he is on revocable waivers, the White Sox have 48 hours to work out a trade with the claiming team or pull him back off waivers. Chicago could also let the claiming team have Rios for nothing and be content to dump his salary -- the very manner in which Chicago acquired Rios from the Blue Jays in 2009 -- but that seems unlikely given his .277/.328/.421 batting line. Rios is controlled through 2014 and owed $12.5MM next season with a $13.5MM club option, though each of those salaries will increase by $500K if he is traded.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently not though... or they did its just they were asking for even more earlier. But as of now they want 1 top prospect. We're not gonna give it to them. Which is the right move. But maybe as it gets closer they'll lower it. There isn't really a point in asking the whole world for players you put on waivers because it wont happen

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently not though... or they did its just they were asking for even more earlier. But as of now they want 1 top prospect. We're not gonna give it to them. Which is the right move. But maybe as it gets closer they'll lower it. There isn't really a point in asking the whole world for players you put on waivers because it wont happen

they must think we're pretty desperate