• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers at Rays (4/4-4/6)

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I didn't expect this sort of result with Saunders on the mound but would have been nice to seen a little more offense and better base running. For some reason I think tomorrows game will be a little tighter even with a pretty much unknown guy starting- in fact that's sort of why I think it will be. That and we statically still have Prices number even though he beat us for the first time last season if memory serves me correctly.

Hope to see Choice out there tomorrow- kid needs some ABs but have to commend Moreland. He has been doing a good job, just needs to pay more attention on the base-paths though but that goes for a lot of our guys right now.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the idea was that with Texas having to roll with so many young starters to begin the year, Saunders' ability to stay healthy and eat innings would be needed to save the bullpen. Plus he was cheap

Problem is he really hasn't even shown the ability to eat innings so far this year (in ST and this game). I mean he only went 3.2 innings and was already up to 89 pitches. He still has some time to turn it around some but I am pretty sure this is what he is now.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is for sure, our defense needs to be playing lights out with the guys they are currently supporting in the rotation to give us a chance to win and they surely have not. I mean 4 errors today is completely unexceptionable. I haven't looked but I am pretty confident we likely have the most errors per game so far out of every team in the league. This is one thing that needs to change. You expect more out of Beltre and that Pop up miss by Fielder was just lazy.

Ok, done ranting about defense and Saunders. Hope you all have a great weekend! Lets take it Price tomorrow!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is for sure, our defense needs to be playing lights out with the guys they are currently supporting in the rotation to give us a chance to win and they surely have not. I mean 4 errors today is completely unexceptionable. I haven't looked but I am pretty confident we likely have the most errors per game so far out of every team in the league. This is one thing that needs to change. You expect more out of Beltre and that Pop up miss by Fielder was just lazy.

Ok, done ranting about defense and Saunders. Hope you all have a great weekend! Lets take it Price tomorrow!

Need to find some offense too, one run doesn't get it done even with Darvish on the mound, last year being proof

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this Saunders experiment needs to end.

X-rays negative supposed to be ready for his next start next friday vs Houston, the day after a decision has to be made about letting Colby start or losing him. I swear if we end up with Saunders and lose Colby cause we won't let him start a game next weekend and we run that piece of crap Saunders back out friday, I will hurl darts at JD's picture for a month. (JK people calm down). Anyway as big of a jerk as it is going to make me sound like, I don't care I wish Saunders x-ray said fractured ankle

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to find some offense too, one run doesn't get it done even with Darvish on the mound, last year being proof

That's for sure too but am not as worried about it because they have scored at a pretty good rate before today. Lit up Lee pretty good too. Still it seems like they are struggling in situations with RISP with no one or less than 2 outs. Still likely too early to say much about that though.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's for sure too but am not as worried about it because they have scored at a pretty good rate before today. Lit up Lee pretty good too. Still it seems like they are struggling in situations with RISP with no one or less than 2 outs. Still likely too early to say much about that though.

Im gonna reserve too much judgement til we get some guys back and I give it a couple weeks to see what the true product is doing. Hopefully tonight is an anomaly for the offense and they will also figure out the base running blunders soon

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
X-rays negative supposed to be ready for his next start next friday vs Houston, the day after a decision has to be made about letting Colby start or losing him. I swear if we end up with Saunders and lose Colby cause we won't let him start a game next weekend and we run that piece of crap Saunders back out friday, I will hurl darts at JD's picture for a month. (JK people calm down). Anyway as big of a jerk as it is going to make me sound like, I don't care I wish Saunders x-ray said fractured ankle

If that makes you a jerk, then I am a jerk too. I secretly wish for bad things all the time for certain players, because I know it won't really happen. Now one time there was one of the most random things ever. During this last year for fantasy football the other guy had Reggie Wayne. I was winning by 8 points before the game. I kept joking while watching the game that Reggie needed to tear his ACL so I would win. He actually did tear his ACL that night and I sorta chuckled because of the sheer coincidence of my words and the reality. I felt bad for him though.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this Saunders experiment needs to end.

Yeah, it would be nice but I have a feeling he might not be the first to go. Seems like there are a few other guys that might go down first before they give up on him.

On a different note, I thought we had 3 C on our active roster right now and that Martinez was already on the roster. It doesn't appear either are on MLB but there are 25 guys there: Active Roster | texasrangers.com: Team

Wonder who will be sent down to bring him up tomorrow? I would guess a reliever but it would be hilarious if it were Saunders. My guess would be McCutchen though.

Anyone have any idea how Tepesch has done in the minors since he was sent down? I know Lewis and Harry are due back soon but just curious. The might not want to use an option on him this year- they may need to though.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that makes you a jerk, then I am a jerk too. I secretly wish for bad things all the time for certain players, because I know it won't really happen. Now one time there was one of the most random things ever. During this last year for fantasy football the other guy had Reggie Wayne. I was winning by 8 points before the game. I kept joking while watching the game that Reggie needed to tear his ACL so I would win. He actually did tear his ACL that night and I sorta chuckled because of the sheer coincidence of my words and the reality. I felt bad for him though.

Yeah that one probably wasn't on you I'm sure there were plenty of other people hoping he was injured to help the odds of their FFB teams as well. Coincidence is certainly kind of freakish at times though

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So its your fault Reggie Wayne tore his ACL and my FF season was ruined! :suds:

I'm kind of wishing I had tried our fantasy baseball this season with you guys but just don't think I will have the time. Also, seems like it would be tough to keep track of... so many more games and so many more types of stats than FF.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it would be nice but I have a feeling he might not be the first to go. Seems like there are a few other guys that might go down first before they give up on him.

On a different note, I thought we had 3 C on our active roster right now and that Martinez was already on the roster. It doesn't appear either are on MLB but there are 25 guys there: Active Roster | texasrangers.com: Team

Wonder who will be sent down to bring him up tomorrow? I would guess a reliever but it would be hilarious if it were Saunders. My guess would be McCutchen though.

Anyone have any idea how Tepesch has done in the minors since he was sent down? I know Lewis and Harry are due back soon but just curious. The might not want to use an option on him this year- they may need to though.

McCutchen for sure needs to be the guy that goes down. He has nothing.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Round Rock Express
Player IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
Nick Tepesch (W, 1-0) 6.0 2 0 0 1 5 0 0.00

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen you mention Solarte on here a few times Bmurph. Be awesome if we still had him. He's been killing it so far- had 2 more hits today. One hit was a 3 run homer- 2nd on the season. Batting .500 right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round Rock Express
Player IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
Nick Tepesch (W, 1-0) 6.0 2 0 0 1 5 0 0.00

Looks like just one start but a good one. Thanks for posting this for me. I wasn't sure if maybe he had a few other starts seems like he should have pitched a few more times since it has been a couple weeks since he was sent down.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen you mention Solarte on here a few times Bmurph. Be awesome if we still had him. He's been killing it so far- had 2 more hits today. One hit was a 3 run homer- 2nd on the season. Batting .500 tight now.

He had good springs 2 years in a row for the Rangers and then we had so much depth in the MI that we just didn't really have a spot for him without impeding the progress of other top prospects and we just couldn't keep him I guess (he's playing some LF for the Yanks now too). He had a great ST for the Yankees this spring and he's started out on fire so far early in the season. Interesting player ill be watching his progress

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like just one start but a good one. Thanks for posting this for me. I wasn't sure if maybe he had a few other starts seems like he should have pitched a few more times since it has been a couple weeks since he was sent down.

I just pulled up tonights game as someone earlier mentioned he had a 2 hitter going, too tired to research previous starts bout to crash