• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers Acquire [F] Martin St. Louis from TBL for [F] Ryan Callahan, Picks

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@LavoieRenaud:

Confirming Martin St-Louis is traded to the Rangers for Ryan Callahan. #lightning #tvasports

Callahan and a 2015 first and 2014 second if going to TB!

HOLY FUCKKKKKKK!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! :omg::yahoo:

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow what a shitty trade. I always hated Sather but his one redeeming quality was that he could pull off the best trades well not anymore now he is just an awful GM.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m
Rangers are working hard to get St Louis to New York to play tonight vs the Leafs (on TSN). #Tradecentre

Get him to NY!!

inthecrease

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sather did not give TB enough. :rollseyes: Is he finished with his genius plan
to bring a Stanley Cup to NYR? Who else will he trade? :lol:

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's done trading.

You are probably right but he shouldn't be st. Louis is a win now move and the pieces arent there to win now so he should go after a guy like Vanick.

That being said what do you think the lines should be I think it should be

Krieder Richards St. Louis
Nash Stephan Haglein

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably right but he shouldn't be st. Louis is a win now move and the pieces arent there to win now so he should go after a guy like Vanick.

That being said what do you think the lines should be I think it should be

Krieder Richards St. Louis
Nash Stephan Haglein

Keep Kreids-Step-Nasher together

2nd line will/should be Hags-Richie-St Louis

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep Kreids-Step-Nasher together

2nd line will/should be Hags-Richie-St Louis

I think playing with a guy like St. Louis could get Krieder going instead of playing with Nash who is the focal point of that line.

inthecrease

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sather is done trading........Rangers not going anywhere. This team
IS STILL too small to win against Bruins or Pens. SIZE.....they need
a big winger who can hit and score. How Sather does it.....maybe
he should rid himself of all draft picks. He does every year. It's
amazing that his only real plan is the trade deadline move.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think playing with a guy like St. Louis could get Krieder going instead of playing with Nash who is the focal point of that line.

We'll see, but rather seperate the two big scoring threats, rather them force them out on 1 line. Means both players will always face the opponents top pairing D. Mix them up, and that doesn't happen.

If Sather is done trading........Rangers not going anywhere. This team
IS STILL too small to win against Bruins or Pens. SIZE.....they need
a big winger who can hit and score. How Sather does it.....maybe
he should rid himself of all draft picks. He does every year. It's
amazing that his only real plan is the trade deadline move.

They wont be getting one of those. St Louis is a HUGE upgrade in scoring than what we have.

Do you know something I don't? He traded a first round pick for Nash, that's it. IDK where you get your stuff from. We find hidden talent in later rounds anyways.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how any Ranger fan could hate on this move. No disrespect to Captain Cally, but MStL > Callahan, anyday. Rangers got better with this trade. Plus with the Diaz acquisition, nice day for the Rangers.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
110 wins while Callahan wore the C. Shitty to see him go. Don't blame either party, but it's just shitty.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
110 wins while Callahan wore the C. Shitty to see him go. Don't blame either party, but it's just shitty.

No doubt from a hockey perspective this sucks. We all wanted to see Callahan & St Louis remain with their teams, but Callahan wanted too much money and St Louis seemed to be too upset about what happened with Yzerman originally snubbing him from Team Canada. It happens, it's a business, sometimes storybook endings aren't meant to be. I think both Sather & Yzerman made the most of a bad situation and got good value in return. I know there must be a lot of Ranger fans that will miss Callahan (and rightfully so), but St Louis is a far better player, and the Rangers are a better team now than they were before March 5th.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how any Ranger fan could hate on this move. No disrespect to Captain Cally, but MStL > Callahan, anyday. Rangers got better with this trade. Plus with the Diaz acquisition, nice day for the Rangers.

If it was a 1 for 1 I would agree with you. But Cally + 1st and 2nd > MSL. And Cally and prospects in two year by far is better then MSL thats if he doesnt retire or sign elsewhere. Add in MSL will only help us not lose in the first round and that = terrible trade.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, Martin St Louis has won an Art Ross as recently as last season, he's currently top 10 in the league in scoring, I don't think you could acquire such a player without giving up a 1st round draft pick or 2, unless you're willing to part with someone like Rick Nash.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, Martin St Louis has won an Art Ross as recently as last season, he's currently top 10 in the league in scoring, I don't think you could acquire such a player without giving up a 1st round draft pick or 2, unless you're willing to part with someone like Rick Nash.

True but if the team some how makes it to the conf finals then its 2 first round picks and MSL is not worth Cally and 2 first even right now and certainly not in two years.

And you cant use last year as a measuring stick they had extra time off because of the lock out and didn't play as long so it would be easy for someone like MSL to be playing full energy all year.