• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers Acquire [F] Martin St. Louis from TBL for [F] Ryan Callahan, Picks

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but if the team some how makes it to the conf finals then its 2 first round picks and MSL is not worth Cally and 2 first even right now and certainly not in two years.

What would be really awful is if the Rangers make the ECF this year and become a lottery team next season. At the same time, I don't think you should think too long term in this league (where everything changes rapidly). I think the Rangers are in it to win it now, and MStL gives them a better chance at doing that than Callahan does. Worst case scenario, I think MStL could work really well with Richards & Nash, and possibly help develop Chris Kreider & JT Miller.

I think in a perfect world, Callahan would've accepted less money and MStL wouldn't have been upset about being initially snubbed by Stevie Y, but I think both Sather & Yzerman made the best of their unfortunate situations with their teams' respective captains.

I actually do think the Rangers are a stronger team because of this trade, along with the Diaz acquisition. Thank goodness my Pens have such a large lead in the Metro or else I think we would be in big trouble right now.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you cant use last year as a measuring stick they had extra time off because of the lock out and didn't play as long so it would be easy for someone like MSL to be playing full energy all year.

I don't use last year as a measuring stick, I'm just saying he's been doing it for 10+ years and still going strong. He's still top 10 in scoring which makes him ELITE IMO.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would be really awful is if the Rangers make the ECF this year and become a lottery team next season. At the same time, I don't think you should think too long term in this league (where everything changes rapidly). I think the Rangers are in it to win it now, and MStL gives them a better chance at doing that than Callahan does. Worst case scenario, I think MStL could work really well with Richards & Nash, and possibly help develop Chris Kreider & JT Miller.

I think in a perfect world, Callahan would've accepted less money and MStL wouldn't have been upset about being initially snubbed by Stevie Y, but I think both Sather & Yzerman made the best of their unfortunate situations with their teams' respective captains.

I actually do think the Rangers are a stronger team because of this trade, along with the Diaz acquisition. Thank goodness my Pens have such a large lead in the Metro or else I think we would be in big trouble right now.

I agree skill wise they are better, but MSL is not going to bring this team a Stanley Cup no one can score and other then MCD and some times Staal no one plays defense. Also there is a leadership void now Im sure the younger guys respect MSL but Cally has been there leader and have had their backs since day one you dont replace that in a day.

It comes down to what will win this team a Stanley Cup and the answer is not St. Louis.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, if it's about the Cup that's a lofty challenge. I think you should enjoy the ride tho, although I am very pleased with the acquisitions of Goc & Stepniak, I wish my Pens had gotten Martin St Louis, that would've been sweet.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, if it's about the Cup that's a lofty challenge. I think you should enjoy the ride tho, although I am very pleased with the acquisitions of Goc & Stepniak, I wish my Pens had gotten Martin St Louis, that would've been sweet.

Yea but the Pens are a Stanley Cup favorite and have dangerous top three lines all you needed where fourth liners that would embarrass themselves. Our third line would have a hard time cracking any contenders fourth line.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but the Pens are a Stanley Cup favorite and have dangerous top three lines all you needed where fourth liners that would embarrass themselves. Our third line would have a hard time cracking any contenders fourth line.

IDK, I think you guys are a lot closer to us than the standings indicate. I hope Goc & Stepniak give us some depth because we're in desperate need. Our top 2 lines have carried us this season, really no 3rd or 4th line presence as of yet. I expect the Rangers to make things interesting for us down the stretch. For the first time since we got Sid I think you guys could match us in offensive firepower.

inthecrease

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Callahan for St. Louis IS THE BUSINESS end of this game.
Majority of fans only see the offensive side of this trade. What about
the defensive side ? Throw defense out the window; the Rangers showed
how inept they are in their own zone. Sather is an idiot. Ranger administration
is the real culprit to have this team reach the next level. Simply,
they do not have a plan........just roll with the "name" players and rid
ourselves of draft picks.
Captain must show leadership on and off the ice.
Nash, Richards, Stepan are no shows on the ice, so tell me why anyone
thinks they should be made 'captain'.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL why do you insist on coming in here with your ludicrous comments and trolling the board? Who the fuck said Stepan would be named Captain? Where do you get this bullshit that you spew?

inthecrease

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL why do you insist on coming in here with your ludicrous comments and trolling the board? Who the fuck said Stepan would be named Captain? Where do you get this bullshit that you spew?

Ludicrous? Get real. The world does not revolve around the way you think.
If you don't like what I say, just move on......:wtf2:

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Ranger Organization & Ranger fans for the acquisition of MSL. Since the start of the 2001-2002 season he has only missed 7 games. No offense to Cally fans but Cally missed 17 just this season. Marty has four 90 point seasons, 2 Art Ross trophies, 1 Hart trophy, has 973 points in 1,041 games, He has 388 points in 351 games since the start of the 2009-10 season, which is the most points in the League, & if you look at his stats under games played he has more full seasons played (82) than anything else. I looked at Cally's GP stats & not so much. In a nutshell, Marty out classes most on the ice today, he gives of himself unselfishly for other players & his team, he works out harder than any player bar none! He will bring leadership without being crowned a leader & will set the example not only in a game but every time he steps onto the ice! And by the way, NBC local Tampa news reported that the 1st time Marty asked for a trade was in 2009, 1 year before he was snubbed the 1st time for the Olympics. This 2nd time snubbed was probably just the straw that broke the camels back. Enjoy him & what he will do for the Rangers Organization, he is a pure winner! I truly think Marty will play into his mid 40's & still be very productive because of his work out regime.
Good luck Marty, Rangers & Ranger's fans, the Bolts & their fans will truly miss MSL!

Last edited by a moderator:

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ludicrous? Get real. The world does not revolve around the way you think.
If you don't like what I say, just move on......:wtf2:

Well since this is the Rangers board and you are trolling you should really move on.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, I think you guys are a lot closer to us than the standings indicate. I hope Goc & Stepniak give us some depth because we're in desperate need. Our top 2 lines have carried us this season, really no 3rd or 4th line presence as of yet. I expect the Rangers to make things interesting for us down the stretch. For the first time since we got Sid I think you guys could match us in offensive firepower.

We arent as close as you think MSL would have to raise our GPG about 1 per game which one player wont be able to do plus we didn't improve our defense. Moore is still terrible and Diaz is only slightly better then Klein.

ThirtySix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad to see Captain Cally go but I'm welcoming #26 to MSG with open arms. Plus he's 10 digits less than my favorite players number! :P

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a goal tonight that is 3 points for Callahan. Maybe its not the plays maybe its just the Rangers