• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers (1) v. Sens (8) ECQF series thread

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying if he did indeed sustain a concussion, how the fuck is he possibly playing tonight? Especially someone with a history with concussions? I think he was shaken up for sure on the hit, but the concussion claim may have been to get some suspension for Hagelin. Worked out pretty well.

Are you serious?

The team never released his condition. How did that "work"?

Alfredsson missed the rest of the game. In basically a must win do you think that Ottawa GM Bryan Murray called down and said: "Hey!! You know that guy who was our best player in game one? Let's sit him out in CASE it makes Shanahan suspend a rookie who has been invisible for a game and a half."

Coach Maclean: "I don't see how this could be a bad idea in any way. Oh, and since it's the playoffs we should be probably release that he is concussed because the playoffs is all about disclosing injuries."

/LSD trip

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious?

Alfredsson missed the rest of the game. In basically a must win do you think that Ottawa GM Bryan Murray called down and said: "Hey!! You know that guy who was our best player in game one? Let's sit him out in CASE it makes Shanahan suspend a rookie who has been invisible for a game and a half."

Coach Maclean: "I don't see how this could be a bad idea in any way. Oh, and since it's the playoffs we should be probably release that he is concussed because the playoffs is all about disclosing injuries."

/LSD trip

Alfie said he was concussed to media this morning ... MacLean verified this

but my post with the question "and he's probably playing tonight?" ... wasnt meant to be a "HE'S FAKING" idiotic reply

I was thinking more along the lines of ... thats unbelievable ... what if he develops further worsened symptoms ? or takes another shot to the mush (i guess he can just retire and be spoonfed pablum by his wife for the rest of his life)

what happened to being automatically out 7 days ... wasnt that an NHL rule addendum?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alfie said he was concussed to media this morning ... MacLean verified this

but my post with the question "and he's probably playing tonight?" ... wasnt meant to be a "HE'S FAKING" idiotic reply

I was thinking more along the lines of ... thats unbelievable ... what if he develops further worsened symptoms ? or takes another shot to the mush (i guess he can just retire and be spoonfed pablum by his wife for the rest of his life)

what happened to being automatically out 7 days ... wasnt that an NHL rule addendum?

I think he should sit at least one more but nothing the team released "worked" in getting Hagelin suspended.. because they didn't release anything before his hearing.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious?

/LSD trip

I wish. I still call bullshit on the concussion if he indeed plays tonight.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we all know that there's only one grade of concussion. As soon as there is a "concussion" the person suffering it is automatically out nine months like the wonderkind, otherwise it's complete BS.

Grade I is a LOOONG way from a Grade III.

You can get a grade one from Thunder.

Kinda like how Helm got "cut" and is missing all this time, but most hockey players who get cut get a stitch and return the same game. Helm must be a pussy.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we all know that there's only one grade of concussion. As soon as there is a "concussion" the person suffering it is automatically out nine months like the wonderkind, otherwise it's complete BS.

Kinda like how Helm got "cut" and is missing all this time, but most hockey players who get cut get a stitch and return the same game. Helm must be a pussy.

sounds like someone went to the Dr rexineffex doctorin' school or a rectal exam impregnated you with neurosurgeon powers

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like someone went to the Dr rexineffex doctorin' school or a rectal exam impregnated you with neurosurgeon powers

I'm just a guy who has suffered all three grades in my life and some are easier to recover from than others, especially if you really want to get back. He could have suffered what is clinically termed a "concussion" and still be back for the next game, no matter what sly thinks. I had one and was in a race later that same day.

I never said it's smart to do so, but I've never regarded Alfredsson as one of the most clear-headed individuals to have ever played the game.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he should sit at least one more but nothing the team released "worked" in getting Hagelin suspended.. because they didn't release anything before his hearing.

Bruce Garrioch ‏ @SunGarrioch
The most revealing thing Shanahan said: Ottawa doctors told him Alfredsson could be out one day or one year. They don't know. #Sens

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Garrioch ‏ @SunGarrioch
The most revealing thing Shanahan said: Ottawa doctors told him Alfredsson could be out one day or one year. They don't know. #Sens

Citing Bruce Garrioch??? Really???

IS Eklund on vacation?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Citing Bruce Garrioch??? Really???

IS Eklund on vacation?

really? when you see something you dont like ... attack the source ... yah Garrioch is a tub of goo but CAMAN .. should i link someone else who tweeted that quote?

jebus

Ian mendes ... does he pass your media douche test?

should i just post the exact quote from Shanahan?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? when you see something you dont like ... attack the source ... yah Garrioch is a tub of goo but CAMAN .. should i link someone else who tweeted that quote?

jebus

Ian mendes ... does he pass your media douche test?

should i just post the exact quote from Shanahan?[
/QUOTE]

Either of those would be fine.

And while you're at it explain to me how anything the Sens' doctors allegedly said has been proven to be untruthful.

And then, if all these things are on point, explain how this has anything to do with how an independent decision-maker chose to suspend Hagelin.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And while you're at it explain to me how anything the Sens' doctors allegedly said has been proven to be untruthful.

And then, if all these things are on point, explain how this has anything to do with how an independent decision-maker chose to suspend Hagelin.

If Shanahan was going to base "his decision" (independent ... yah right!) on injury status, he should have probably waited til the Ottawa doctors got back to him with the results of Alfies baseline test from this morning ... which was a "pass" ... dont get me wrong ... thats on him ... not Ottawas doctors ... although they did a good job casting that seed of doubt in Colin Campbel ... i mean ... Shanahans "independent decision making" process

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Shanahan was going to base "his decision" (independent ... yah right!) on injury status, he should have probably waited til the Ottawa doctors got back to him with the results of Alfies baseline test from this morning ... which was a "pass" ... dont get me wrong ... thats on him ... not Ottawas doctors ... although they did a good job casting that seed of doubt in Colin Campbel ... i mean ... Shanahans "independent decision making" process

Hagelin deserved to get suspended for his reckless hit and he did. I believe 3 games was probably one game more then it should have been. None the less, that's a hit that COULD have caused a serious concussion and it appears as though Alfie was lucky.

Now, the issue I see that you're getting at is basing the suspension on the injury. That's an issue that Shanahan needs to address because it's not fair to base suspensions on that kind of criteria. It should be based on intent more then anything and also the situation or if it was crossing the line in terms of recklessness. But that's an issue that won't be dealt with during these playoffs.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the idea of basing the penalty for an action on what happened as a result. Example, high sticking draws blood it's an extra 2 minutes. Breaking someone's stick with a slash 2 minutes. Dirty hit causes an injury more games. So if a player or stick is more durable than another, the punishment for the action changes? Identical plays could take place and yet have completely different disciplinary actions taken. Doesn't make sense to me.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basing the length of a suspension on the severity of the injury is ridiculous.

The only time I don't feel this way 100% is in the playoffs. When the two teams have to face each other, and only each other, it makes the sustained injury relevant for the duration of at least that series.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pssst, don't tell anyone, but Helm is faking his cut to try and get Spalling's skate suspended.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FERENCE.jpg

Bone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1