• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.3

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get that, but to continually put yourself at risk (and he seems to actually brag about this) doesn't seem very smart to me and will usually end up hurt. it only takes one time.
Nice interview with Jacob Burke - nice mention also of another White Sox minor league CF - Terrell Tatum

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interview with Jordan Leisure - Who very likely will pitch out of the bullpen next season for the Sox (Dodger acquisition):

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Rangers.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop quiz. The last time both league championship series went 7 games was in covid-shortened 2020. When was the last FULL season that both league championship series went 7 games? And a bonus for naming the 4 respective teams involved.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly from 05 - no one expected much from Jenks in 05 - and he ended up blowing the wheels off the league as a closer.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly from 05 - no one expected much from Jenks in 05 - and he ended up blowing the wheels off the league as a closer.
i remember he had a drinking problem.

considering who the owner is, he'll probably be the next sox manager.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one can say the Sox didn't make a Wise choice for bullpen coach.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the Sox are doing something it won't be announced until after the WS. I wanted the Rangers to win, but found myself rooting for the Diamondbacks yesterday.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am of the opinion that the Sox could take TAs $14 million option and still be able to trade him. There are literally no middle infielders in the FA market to sign. TA is only 30 years old and he finished last year on the uptake.

One positive recently - is that the Sox brought in Bannister for the Director of pitching - and hired the overqualified Wise as the bullpen coach - meaning to me that the Sox are trying to let Katz focus on getting the starting pitching straight. Good reason to sign Giolito and Flarherty as FAs this off season - both being bargains.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am of the opinion that the Sox could take TAs $14 million option and still be able to trade him. There are literally no middle infielders in the FA market to sign. TA is only 30 years old and he finished last year on the uptake.

One positive recently - is that the Sox brought in Bannister for the Director of pitching - and hired the overqualified Wise as the bullpen coach - meaning to me that the Sox are trying to let Katz focus on getting the starting pitching straight. Good reason to sign Giolito and Flarherty as FAs this off season - both being bargains.
Should be an interesting offseason. Not sure how the Sox are going to approach free agency - well that is besides the obvious that we won't go after any big names. I mean, we might show interest in a couple here and there, but when it comes to aggressively pursuing, my guess is it will result in a nothing burger. More likely is we'll sign a few mid level players or pitchers at team-friendly contracts. Have to say tho even mid level signings at this point could improve the team somewhat.
It will be hard to get much worse. :sad2:

I'm more intrigued to see if our farm can produce some lasting talent, altho it sounds like most of our top eggs are still in the developmental stage. Maybe a chance that SS Colson Montgomery and/or C Edgar Quero get a call up. And naturally, we as Sox fans should closely monitor next year's top college/high school prospects. I just hope the new draft lottery doesn't muck up our #4 slot in the standings order.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be an interesting offseason. Not sure how the Sox are going to approach free agency - well that is besides the obvious that we won't go after any big names. I mean, we might show interest in a couple here and there, but when it comes to aggressively pursuing, my guess is it will result in a nothing burger. More likely is we'll sign a few mid level players or pitchers at team-friendly contracts. Have to say tho even mid level signings at this point could improve the team somewhat.
It will be hard to get much worse. :sad2:

I'm more intrigued to see if our farm can produce some lasting talent, altho it sounds like most of our top eggs are still in the developmental stage. Maybe a chance that SS Colson Montgomery and/or C Edgar Quero get a call up. And naturally, we as Sox fans should closely monitor next year's top college/high school prospects. I just hope the new draft lottery doesn't muck up our #4 slot in the standings order.
I was expecting some news about signing Ohtani'a brother-in-law and some random friend of his from the old country,

I expect a some reclaimation pitchers - coming off injury - or a bad season - that Brian Bannister thinks still has some juice or smarts. Also expect a catcher like Austin Hedges or Canatrini.

Maybe a trade for some defensive SS type.

I had 2nd thoughts on TA - don't offer him and just take the $13 extra million and put it into bargain basement FAs.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing Jim Thome for hitting coach.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was expecting some news about signing Ohtani'a brother-in-law and some random friend of his from the old country,

I expect a some reclaimation pitchers - coming off injury - or a bad season - that Brian Bannister thinks still has some juice or smarts. Also expect a catcher like Austin Hedges or Canatrini.

Maybe a trade for some defensive SS type.

I had 2nd thoughts on TA - don't offer him and just take the $13 extra million and put it into bargain basement FAs.

Oh we're definitely signing a handful of B-grade players and attempting houdini marketing bullsh*t on the fans like they're A-grade players again...

That's just our thing. We've perfected it.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing Jim Thome for hitting coach.

Goddamn we love Jim Thome. We treat that dude better than Big Hurt or Ozzie lol....Going LaRussa style on that guy.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox need to Getz better!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh we're definitely signing a handful of B-grade players and attempting houdini marketing bullsh*t on the fans like they're A-grade players again...

That's just our thing. We've perfected it.
Jiddy, that's cold. Sadly tho it's true.