• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.3

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know my sports year is in absolute shambles when I’m mad the Sox just won’t lose in the tenth so I can listen to ESPN 1000 for all the Bears fans calling in to bitch. (They won’t switch to Bears postgame until sox broadcast is over)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know my sports year is in absolute shambles when I’m mad the Sox just won’t lose in the tenth so I can listen to ESPN 1000 for all the Bears fans calling in to bitch. (They won’t switch to Bears postgame until sox broadcast is over)
Remember my personal motto, Jiddy:
Life sucks, then you die - this way everything else in between is gravy.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well...Let's not forget that our other option were to keep McCann - who was paid 40 million over 4 years. So we would have gotten the same absolute sh*t production for 33 million less...so in hindsight we were f*cked with both options. Since the core of this team is absolute garbage the extra 33 million cherry we would have been able to spend elsewhere with McCann vs. Grandal is negated.

That perspective aside, yeah, it was obviously ridiculous we gave Grandal so much cash. Just a dumb f*cking contract. But that's what happens when you sign a never was...You get a never will be. One would think you would try not to glorify those types of moves, but we're the Sox...so we did.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox lead MLB in fewest walks taken (fewest since the 1904 club) and most walks allowed. Poor Hawk would have had a heart attack if he had to call those games.

Lenyn Sosa had only 5 walks in 120 ABs.

Time to say goodbye to Timmy Anderson - Eloy Jimenez (Mr. prodigious groundball producer) - and Gavin Sheets.

Elvis Andrus can stick around until Colson Montgomery arrives.

Sign a legit Catcher and a legit 2nd baseman - they don't need to be superstars.

Zach Remillard led the team in batting with runners in scoring position - so naturally he had to be sent down to the minors. I fancy him making the team as a utilioty guy next season.

Vaughn also needs a come to Jesus meeting - he gave up on protecting the plate - his walk rate and BA suffered because fo that. Tim Elko is coming and he is a better answer at 1st for power and team leadership.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the wise thought here is to sit back and make the White Sox prove it - with everything they do to improve. I do think that is wise. However, I am not wise - I'm always looking for something to hope for.

Getzy's top three hires offer some hope for the future.

Josh Barfield - His Diamondback tenure - brings a fresh perspective on talent acquisition and talent development - which in AZ has been dramatically good - as can be seen the current playoffs.

Brian Bannister - Director of pitching - Bannister putting together pitching acquisition - should help Katz focus solely on his pitching coach job. Bannister has had a ton of success in the league acquiring pitching talent.

Gene Watson - yeah he has a KC pedigree, but he also has a lot of experience around the league. With Getz - Bannister and Barfield being about the same age - Watson brings the wise old head perspective.

What most of us criticized about the Getz hiring - too insular to be effective - is pretty much answered by these top hires underneath him.

We will see how it plays out, but I see some hope in the first hires.

See this after I posted this post.

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mingo, I gave you a LIKE for at least being hopeful. I want to take the same approach, but I must admit I was extremely disappointed that Reinsdorf - who should sell the team, but that's for another subject - didn't completely clean house. I mean, I'm more than willing to lay a huge percentage of blame for all our woes on Hahn and Williams. After all they were the primary architects of this debacle. But Getz has been in charge of our scouting group for something like 7 years. In that interim they've developed from scratch very few quality major leaguers. Most have either resulted from trading veterans for minor league capital or foreign signings. I'm not sure Getz deserves the opportunity to be fully in charge of the organization.

I know you've been following our minor leagues much more than the rest of us, so I look at your optimism as being a positive sign, not just some homer's wishful thinking. Let's hope Getz can deliver and turn this franchise around.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the wise thought here is to sit back and make the White Sox prove it - with everything they do to improve. I do think that is wise. However, I am not wise - I'm always looking for something to hope for.

Getzy's top three hires offer some hope for the future.

Josh Barfield - His Diamondback tenure - brings a fresh perspective on talent acquisition and talent development - which in AZ has been dramatically good - as can be seen the current playoffs.

Brian Bannister - Director of pitching - Bannister putting together pitching acquisition - should help Katz focus solely on his pitching coach job. Bannister has had a ton of success in the league acquiring pitching talent.

Gene Watson - yeah he has a KC pedigree, but he also has a lot of experience around the league. With Getz - Bannister and Barfield being about the same age - Watson brings the wise old head perspective.

What most of us criticized about the Getz hiring - too insular to be effective - is pretty much answered by these top hires underneath him.

We will see how it plays out, but I see some hope in the first hires.

See this after I posted this post.
i'm cursed with being a sox fan, of course, and every year starts with the same (almost) optimism, but i find it's the things that DON'T change that seem to have the most effect on the outcome of this team. we have two big problems in grifol, who i've come to the conclusion does NOT know how to manage a baseball team, and of course the biggest problem the team has had for over 40 years ... the owner! it's yet to be determined if getz is any good or the new hires. (why are such great people available is my first question). i only know i will not invest in MLB tv this coming season (angry i gave in this past one).

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We went from "years of competitive dynasty" to "Hmm...Maybe if a few things go right we'll be a .500 team next year"..only a few years after a decade of misery.

My f*cks are all given. Show me. Tell me is over.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We went from "years of competitive dynasty" to "Hmm...Maybe if a few things go right we'll be a .500 team next year"..only a few years after a decade of misery.

My f*cks are all given. Show me. Tell me is over.
I understand. What I don't understand is why Tampa can't get behind the Bay Rays - a team that knows how to win on a Rhinesdorf budget.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the Yardbarker grades for all the teams this season:

I'm surprised so many teams received a failing grade.
I'm not surprised the White Sox were one of them. And what's the first line of their analysis for our season?
"If there's a grade below an F, the White Sox would be deserving."
So pathetic, you almost gotta laugh.

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynn serving up 4 HRs in an elimination game - Dodgers might get swept.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ain't gonna lie...I laughed. Yeah we're sh*t and Fat Keuchel was probably right about us...but he still dogged the White Sox on his way out so f*ck him.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In other more uplifting news, Captain Lou Abreu dropping bombs on the Twins left and right. Happy for that man...but why did it have to be the Astros?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so ... all three teams with 100 wins drop out in their first series of the playoffs!

interesting.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so ... all three teams with 100 wins drop out in their first series of the playoffs!

interesting.
Advantage team that doesn’t sit around for 5 days. In a sport where you play every day, why completely change the sport come playoff time? They don’t need travel days during the regular season. Play every day possible. Plus your playoffs will end before it’s 30 degrees in colder climates