• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL I know it sounds petty but I really had to make my case for the 'treats' and it was ONE a day, if my parents found out I was eating more than one a day they'd be adult about it and probably would've said, "Well when they're gone they're gone, cause we're not buying anymore now." It's not like I lived in a strict household but there was an understanding with certain things. You don't just get to plow through sweet stuff all day and then say you're not hungry for dinner.

But yah, my sister would have her dork boyfriends over and then 'feed them the good stuff' that I had to argue and make my case for! And then when I was like, "WTF!? These were for me?" It was always some typical teenage girl response like, "Oh get over it, Mom and Dad will buy you more." NO THEY WONT, they'll think I ate it!

Ah the traumatic moments of my childhood... THESE are the issues we need to be talking about more in society! Not the kids starving in 3rd world Countries! The great Hostess loss of 96 severely scarred me for life, and I want reparations!

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,205.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, in the post after yours I mentioned my parents were definitely an 'in moderation' household. PBJs were certainly fine, but they would rather just make them themselves because you know Uncrustables are more expensive than just buying bread/PBJ... but yah, Twinkies, cookies, etc. were always a 'treat' and bought sparingly and chips, etc. were usually reserved for lunches.

But yah sitting at home like some kids do now with a liter of Coca-Cola in one hand, and a huge bag of chips in the other while sitting around watching TV... yah that didn't fly. Basically 3 squares a day. But we certainly ate our share of cereal (HORRIBLE for you, so much sugar/carbs).. but lunch was always a homemade sandwich, fruit/veggie, and a dessert item. School lunch (the giant pretzels with stadium cheese, or pizza pockets were always good) was a treat (maybe twice a month, ask Mom/Dad for lunch money to buy lunch) or my parents ran out of time.

I'll never forget one time I saw a kid in High School show up with a bag of Cheetos. Then he went to the vending machine and got two Swiss cake rolls and a 24 oz (or whatever) Soda. I was like, "Dude is that your lunch?" And he was like, "Yah." I was blown away...
Pretzels dipped in nacho cheese sauce rock.

I'll get 3 of those of from Sonic and that will be dinner on occasion,

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretzels dipped in nacho cheese sauce rock.

I'll get 3 of those of from Sonic and that will be dinner on occasion,

Dude those soft stadium pretzels and that cheap ass canned cheese... I mean it's a treat at a baseball game and certainly fills me up, but yah.

Ya know what I really miss and can't seem to find? The Chinese BBQ pork with the hot mustard and sesame seeds (you know like the pork that has the red sides and reddish hue)? Man I loved that stuff when I used to go out to a Chinese restaurant as a kid but I can hardly find it anywhere in Chicago.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude those soft stadium pretzels and that cheap ass canned cheese... I mean it's a treat at a baseball game and certainly fills me up, but yah.

Ya know what I really miss and can't seem to find? The Chinese BBQ pork with the hot mustard and sesame seeds (you know like the pork that has the red sides and reddish hue)? Man I loved that stuff when I used to go out to a Chinese restaurant as a kid but I can hardly find it anywhere in Chicago.
WTF, they are on every Chinese menu ive ever seen as BBQ Ribs?!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude those soft stadium pretzels and that cheap ass canned cheese.
Seriously disgusting with that not real cheese stuff in any form... just like Philly cheese on their cheesesteaks - yuck. Go with mustard on a warmed pretzel and provolone on cheesesteak for me

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously disgusting with that not real cheese stuff in any form... just like Philly cheese on their cheesesteaks - yuck. Go with mustard on a warmed pretzel and provolone on cheesesteak for me

Cali... get your ass over to Chicago with the fam... We're going to Wrigley and I'm buying you guys the giant pretzel (like the $15 one) with the fake nacho cheese... and your family will think I've invented fire!

I do agree with your stance on the Philly cheese though...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now it all makes sense. It was you with the mint jelly PBJ

I dunno what kind of crime you're investigating jersey, but my Dad... CONCORD GRAPE. It didn't matter if it was the only jelly not on sale, that's what I was expected to accommodate. And don't get me wrong, concord grape was fine. I've never been a big jelly fan to begin with.

This mint person you're searching for, dunno what to tell ya mah man. Gotta cross me off the list though, I know nothing.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno what kind of crime you're investigating jersey, but my Dad... CONCORD GRAPE. It didn't matter if it was the only jelly not on sale, that's what I was expected to accommodate. And don't get me wrong, concord grape was fine. I've never been a big jelly fan to begin with.

This mint person you're searching for, dunno what to tell ya mah man. Gotta cross me off the list though, I know nothing.
I feel much better knowing you know nothing about mint jelly. Carry on good sir!

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I know it sounds petty but I really had to make my case for the 'treats' and it was ONE a day, if my parents found out I was eating more than one a day they'd be adult about it and probably would've said, "Well when they're gone they're gone, cause we're not buying anymore now." It's not like I lived in a strict household but there was an understanding with certain things. You don't just get to plow through sweet stuff all day and then say you're not hungry for dinner.

But yah, my sister would have her dork boyfriends over and then 'feed them the good stuff' that I had to argue and make my case for! And then when I was like, "WTF!? These were for me?" It was always some typical teenage girl response like, "Oh get over it, Mom and Dad will buy you more." NO THEY WONT, they'll think I ate it!

Ah the traumatic moments of my childhood... THESE are the issues we need to be talking about more in society! Not the kids starving in 3rd world Countries! The great Hostess loss of 96 severely scarred me for life, and I want reparations!
bug-eyed-glare.gif

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

images