• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree that getting there and finishing is always nice, I kinda think the sack statistics are over-rated to some degree. I think making QBs hurry their throws and forcing them to make mistakes is more valuable overall and more consistently sustainable. Sacks tend to come in bunches and about half of them are due to other variables.
I value a 10 yard loss over an incompletion. As far as TO potential, sacks are probably the more likely source there as well.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know how they can fairly scrutinize all these tackles other than.....

flag-football.jpg

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No little ones, huh?

You don't need kids to know what an Uncrustables is... Cali is just living under a rock.

@Caliskinsfan They're just peanut butter/jelly/bread, it's not like there's small traces of uranium in Uncrustables. I mean I get if you enjoy making PBJ sandwiches, but it's basically the same ingredients. I mean are you making your own peanut butter, jelly, and bread? I mean if you are, DAYUM.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need kids to know what an Uncrustables is... Cali is just living under a rock.

@Caliskinsfan They're just peanut butter/jelly/bread, it's not like there's small traces of uranium in Uncrustables. I mean I get if you enjoy making PBJ sandwiches, but it's basically the same ingredients. I mean are you making your own peanut butter, jelly, and bread? I mean if you are, DAYUM.
white bread, sugar and preservatives in addictive form for kids... no way in hell lol

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,205.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The wife and I have them here for the grandkids when they come over.....

Cali must be ultra healthy.....no sugar, no blah, no blah.....

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up with whole grain, PB, banana and a drizzle of honey when we went that direction. No soda in our household either, still don't drink that till this day

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up with whole grain, PB, banana and a drizzle of honey when we went that direction. No soda in our household either, still don't drink that till this day

Yah my parents got rid of soda when I started getting a lot of cavities at a younger age. My Dad was military so we got commissary access and it was SUPER cheap. My parents were generally pretty strict on the sweets. If I could argue my case on a box of Twinkies it was something I looked forward to every day at lunch for the week. I remember losing my shit when my sister had her boyfriend over and he had like 3 Hostess cupcakes after school. I was like, "DUDE WTF!? THOSE ARE SUPPOSED TO LAST ME ALL WEEK!"

But a PBJ... c'mon now. You get protein from the peanut butter, SOME fruit... I think we started buying less white bread though as I got a little older and went to wheat bread. But you can get the wheat Uncrustables. Now personally, I just don't like the taste/texture of Uncrustables (I've had like two all my life, as an adult lol) so I'd rather just make my own PBJ... but yah.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah, im a sucker for FF and Kettle Chips but I try to limit them in the house

Yah, in the post after yours I mentioned my parents were definitely an 'in moderation' household. PBJs were certainly fine, but they would rather just make them themselves because you know Uncrustables are more expensive than just buying bread/PBJ... but yah, Twinkies, cookies, etc. were always a 'treat' and bought sparingly and chips, etc. were usually reserved for lunches.

But yah sitting at home like some kids do now with a liter of Coca-Cola in one hand, and a huge bag of chips in the other while sitting around watching TV... yah that didn't fly. Basically 3 squares a day. But we certainly ate our share of cereal (HORRIBLE for you, so much sugar/carbs).. but lunch was always a homemade sandwich, fruit/veggie, and a dessert item. School lunch (the giant pretzels with stadium cheese, or pizza pockets were always good) was a treat (maybe twice a month, ask Mom/Dad for lunch money to buy lunch) or my parents ran out of time.

I'll never forget one time I saw a kid in High School show up with a bag of Cheetos. Then he went to the vending machine and got two Swiss cake rolls and a 24 oz (or whatever) Soda. I was like, "Dude is that your lunch?" And he was like, "Yah." I was blown away...