• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most Washington fans kind of gave the Giants a pass, way behind the Cowboys and Eagles on the hate meter. But all that changed when Mara orchestrated the $36 million cap penalty (huge at the time) for contracts previously approved by the league and the union in an uncapped year that were reworked in Shanahan's first season here. They called an hour before free agency was to start with no warning in an uncessary twist of the knife.

I will never get over that and have enjoyed seeing the Giants suck ever since. It is deserved.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most Washington fans kind of gave the Giants a pass, way behind the Cowboys and Eagles on the hate meter. But all that changed when Mara orchestrated the $36 million cap penalty (huge at the time) for contracts previously approved by the league and the union in an uncapped year that were reworked in Shanahan's first season here. They called an hour before free agency was to start with no warning in an uncessary twist of the knife.

I will never get over that and have enjoyed seeing the Giants suck ever since. It is deserved.
I still dislike the Gnats least in the NFCE personally but I will never forgive or forget MARA for that ISH that year. Complete crybaby BS move by Mara.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you could get him for a 3rd/ conditional 2nd and the Raiders pay his salary, it would be a good fit for the Cowboys for half a year to see what happens. Dallas will only be as good as Daks arm can take them this year. Run game ain't much so have Lamb one way and Adams the other would be tough to defend. Both guys would get plenty of targets so no problem there, imo. Definitely wouldn't do it if he insisted on a contract extension though.

Having said that, can definitely see Rodgers pushing the Jets into it or being re-united with Carr in New Orleans which I could see kinda being a detriment to both teams, tbh. Neither team is even close to contending for a championship, imo.
I see the Raiders wanting arms & legs ensech for the trade. But I could be wrong.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still dislike the Gnats least in the NFCE personally but I will never forgive or forget MARA for that ISH that year. Complete crybaby BS move by Mara.
Both the Cowboys and the Redskins deserved their penalties. It was a no cap year, not a no rules year. The NFL sent memos to all teams telling them what they could and couldn't do. Specifically that signing bonuses teams signed players to were NOT to be classified as roster bonuses, (so that the cap applied all in the no cap year rather than over the length of the contract - up to 5 years). Both teams willfully ignored those instructions. The Redskins signed Haynesworth and Hall whilst the Cowboys re-signed Austin. All 3 players were signed to large contracts that maximised year 1 hits in the no cap season to avoid cap hits in the following 4 years. The NFL penalties were less than the extra cap room the teams gained, which is why Mr. Mara was still upset and Mr. Jones was smiling like a Cheshire cat when he said the Cowboys would accept the penalty. Multiple teams could have been charged with cap rules violations in that year, (notably the Bengals and Buccaneers for spending less than they were supposed to), but only 2 teams broke the rules egregiously.