• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Harbaugh is likely too good of a coach to let a full Stafford scenario happen. The Chargers are set at OT and their defense is in at least a decent spot moving forward. They have three of their best players injured right now. Herbert himself seems banged up. Keenan Allen was one of the best players on the Chargers for 10 of the past 11 years.

I expect the Chargers to be a playoff team in 2025. Herbert likely isnt going anywhere but certainly if this rebuild busts then maybe you might see the Chargers just blowing the whole thing up.

Do they have the cap flexibility to make a Davante trade? Not that the Raiders will want to trade him within the division of course...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davonte wants out...

Who wants to spend 80M for 2+ years of a 32 year old WR? And give up draft capital in return?

Some of the more WR needy teams are in their division, which likely rules them out. Commanders maybe? Falcons? Jets will always be a rumor, trade Reddick for him? Reunion with Carr in NO? I don't think the Rams have the cap to make the move. Bills need a speed guy more than Adams.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see Davante as a Skins pick up myself, tho i trust AP if he goes that route. For sure, he’d work the right deal cap wise if he went for it. Most important would be Davantes impact on the WR locker room and right now they are doing jut fine in terms of production.

That said, I’m not sure why there’s not more buzz on him going to the Saints (I mean he left the Pack to play with his bro Carr in LV)

I could also see Jets or Steelers. All in all, I think LV would prefer the NFC if they can get a buyer

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wants to spend 80M for 2+ years of a 32 year old WR? And give up draft capital in return?

Some of the more WR needy teams are in their division, which likely rules them out. Commanders maybe? Falcons? Jets will always be a rumor, trade Reddick for him? Reunion with Carr in NO? I don't think the Rams have the cap to make the move. Bills need a speed guy more than Adams.
I think Adams would be a rental for a team that thinks they could contend this year. Kinda like your Rams signing OBJ and trading for Von Miller in 2021. Not sure if anybody is going to give up draft capital and be willing to offer him guaranteed money at this point. Looking at all those teams, I just don't see a fit. Of course, stranger things have happened.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they have the cap flexibility to make a Davante trade? Not that the Raiders will want to trade him within the division of course...
Yeah, I don't think that happens for a variety of reasons. Christian Kirk would be my guess as to the most likely Chiefs target but I think the most likely scenario is that the Chiefs just sorta roll with the punches. Juju is 2 years removed from having 101 targets in the Chiefs offense. If he has any juice left then he is a pretty logical guy to step up.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Adams would be a rental for a team that thinks they could contend this year. Kinda like your Rams signing OBJ and trading for Von Miller in 2021. Not sure if anybody is going to give up draft capital and be willing to offer him guaranteed money at this point. Looking at all those teams, I just don't see a fit. Of course, stranger things have happened.

How can he be a rental with 2 more years left on his contract? Are they going to eat 15mm in dead money during the offseason to make him a rental?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't think that happens for a variety of reasons. Christian Kirk would be my guess as to the most likely Chiefs target but I think the most likely scenario is that the Chiefs just sorta roll with the punches. Juju is 2 years removed from having 101 targets in the Chiefs offense. If he has any juice left then he is a pretty logical guy to step up.

They likely need a replacement for Rice this season and likely at least part of next (pending his legal outcome). Kirk would make a lot of sense.

I still think Juju is washed, but we'll see I guess. Unfortunately, Skyy seems to be a complete bust at this point.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They likely need a replacement for Rice this season and likely at least part of next (pending his legal outcome). Kirk would make a lot of sense.

I still think Juju is washed, but we'll see I guess. Unfortunately, Skyy seems to be a complete bust at this point.
Kareem Hunt is kinda washed, too, and he is the #1 RB.

The offense is functioning. Currently the Chiefs replacement options for Rice are Juju, Justyn Ross, Montrell Washington, and a WR named Nikko Im not familiar with. Wouldn't rule out Ross here.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kareem Hunt is kinda washed, too, and he is the #1 RB.

The offense is functioning. Currently the Chiefs replacement options for Rice are Juju, Justyn Ross, Montrell Washington, and a WR named Nikko Im not familiar with. Wouldn't rule out Ross here.

They always seem to find a way to make it work regardless. Hunter Renfrow is still a FA, isn't he? He could be that outlet WR to fit their scheme perhaps.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They always seem to find a way to make it work regardless. Hunter Renfrow is still a FA, isn't he? He could be that outlet WR to fit their scheme perhaps.
My guess would still be his old teammate Ross as he has been in the Chiefs system for a few years and just missed the roster cut because of Juju.