• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like something Snyder woulda done if he’d thought of it first. So glad that asshat is finally gone. And in my lifetime.

I wonder if Arthur Blank called himself and left a voicemail to say,"Congratulations, Arthur. You are being inducted into the ring of honor."

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fair.

But has to be super rare.

Feels almost like Rasheed back in the day with technicals.

It has to be rare. The officials still can't get those illegal hit penalties correct. There needs to be a review of those like the targeting calls in college. Hamlin got called for one last night that on replay was clearly just shoulder to shoulder contact and was not even a violent hit. Of course, that had no impact on the outcome as the game was well in hand by then, but if they really want to clean up the hits for safety's sake, they need to find a way to properly identify illegal hits. To some extent, the defender also needs to be given some leeway when the offensive player ducks their head, changing the legal target area mid tackle.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to be rare. The officials still can't get those illegal hit penalties correct. There needs to be a review of those like the targeting calls in college. Hamlin got called for one last night that on replay was clearly just shoulder to shoulder contact and was not even a violent hit. Of course, that had no impact on the outcome as the game was well in hand by then, but if they really want to clean up the hits for safety's sake, they need to find a way to properly identify illegal hits. To some extent, the defender also needs to be given some leeway when the offensive player ducks their head, changing the legal target area mid tackle.
that targeting call in cfb is outright horseshit.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Favre has been diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Normally I would be sorry to hear something like this but Brett Favre is such a piece of shit I don’t care what happens to him to be honest. He’s slime - I don’t wish disease on anyone but I don’t have sympathy for a turd like him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that targeting call in cfb is outright horseshit.

That's the real way to get these dangerous hits out of the game (when called correctly of course). If not a full game out in the NFL, maybe a full quarter? The penalty box approach.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hit the concussed Trey McBride on Sunday is a good example of the leeway you’d like to see more of.

If anything he could’ve been called for targeting by dropping his head on Brian Branch. That’ll be the day when we see an offensive guy called for it.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I would be sorry to hear something like this but Brett Favre is such a piece of shit I don’t care what happens to him to be honest. He’s slime - I don’t wish disease on anyone but I don’t have sympathy for a turd like him.

I hate to admit it but this was my first thought as well.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to appear cocky, my team still isn't very good and we've been down this road before with RGIII. But I'd like to point out that in the Super Bowl Era your Washington Commanders are the first offense without a turnover or a punt in 2 straight games.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to appear cocky, my team still isn't very good and we've been down this road before with RGIII. But I'd like to point out that in the Super Bowl Era your Washington Commanders are the first offense without a turnover or a punt in 2 straight games.
Nah, you get to be cocky. You guys beat Burrow in a shootout.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, you get to be cocky. You guys beat Burrow in a shootout.
It appears as if we wil be in a lot of shootouts this season. At least the games will be interesting and there is no pressure, no expectations this year just need to find our QB and the rest will take care of itself.