• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's coaching, but that's been solved
If it was coaching then they wouldn't have put the emphasis on getting Saquon Barkley, imo.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the emphasis was clearly coaching.

imo
That is the conventional wisdom. I just figure that Hurts had one of those MVPish type of seasons and once that happens defenses often adjust. Cam Newton had that one awesome season. Matt Ryan had that one awesome season. Teams certainly have adjusted to Mahomes multiple times. Lamar Jackson multiple times.

If the Eagles 'turn things around' then they are going to be extremely good.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was coaching then they wouldn't have put the emphasis on getting Saquon Barkley, imo.
We will see. I do know for certain that the Eagles got an unprofessional effort from the offensive coaches last year and it was even worse on the defensive side of the ball. It’s put up or shut up time.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this board.
The Eagles are going to be great, cause they are great.

watch...we will all see this unfold.
What board are you talking about? The Eagles fans that post here haven’t been very bullish on the Eagles at all. I called 9-8 myself.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What board are you talking about? The Eagles fans that post here haven’t been very bullish on the Eagles at all. I called 9-8 myself.
c'mon, we know you are just setting up a bush whack for later this season. Do you really think GM Howie Roseman would allow 9-8? He has set this team up. Top 5 QB, Top 5 RB, top 5 OL and top 3 wide out unit if not the best in football. Howie has a job to do and an ego to fill. This team is set to win now, any self-respecting eagles fan knows this.

Since last September when you introduced yourself here, you've been an inspiration for the other eagle posters.

No sand bagging zone allowed.

Good Luck!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c'mon, we know you are just setting up a bush whack for later this season.
I stopped reading here.
IMG_4830.jpeg
Do you really think GM Howie Roseman would allow 9-8? He has set this team up. Top 5 QB, Top 5 RB, top 5 OL and top 3 wide out unit if not the best in football. Howie has a job to do and an ego to fill. This team is set to win now, any self-respecting eagles fan knows this.

Since last September when you introduced yourself here, you've been an inspiration for the other eagle posters.

No sand bagging zone allowed.

Good Luck!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody likes the guy for what he has done but can’t be easy for anyone losing a loved one, especially his father. Now curious how this affects him for the Dallas game. I just hope he is thinking clearly and sliding when running. This is no joke, it’s how he got hurt last season

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody likes the guy for what he has done but can’t be easy for anyone losing a loved one, especially his father. Now curious how this affects him for the Dallas game. I just hope he is thinking clearly and sliding when running. This is no joke, it’s how he got hurt last season
Yeah, lately he's been the butt of all jokes, but real life is real life and losing a parent is tough on all of us

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles last night looked pretty much exactly like the Eagles of early last year when they went 10-1 to start but were worse than that record showed after winning a lot of one-score games that could easily have gone the other way.

But there was also ample reason for optimism: Barkley looked like he'll be a major difference maker (if he can stay healthy!) and the defense overall looked far better prepared under Vic Fangio. There were some bad breakdowns in the secondary, but I think it's going to get better back there.

They need to phase in rookie DB Cooper DeJean, who missed most of preseason with a hamstring injury, and phase out Avonte Maddox, who sadly looks to be cooked after losing a step due to injuries. If they make those tweaks, and remind CJ Gardner Johnson that he is a safety who has to be the last line of defense and not play hero ball, they might be more consistent on defense as the season goes on.

At LB, I was encouraged that things might be better this year. Zach Baum looks like a major find at linebacker and Nakobe Dean has some liabilities in coverage but is generally great shooting gaps and making plays around the line of scrimmage in the run game. I don't think Devin White is going to play over those two, but I could see them moving Baum to the on-ball LB spot currently occupied by Nolan Smith, who may be a bust.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles last night looked pretty much exactly like the Eagles of early last year when they went 10-1 to start but were worse than that record showed after winning a lot of one-score games that could easily have gone the other way.

But there was also ample reason for optimism: Barkley looked like he'll be a major difference maker (if he can stay healthy!) and the defense overall looked far better prepared under Vic Fangio. There were some bad breakdowns in the secondary, but I think it's going to get better back there.

They need to phase in rookie DB Cooper DeJean, who missed most of preseason with a hamstring injury, and phase out Avonte Maddox, who sadly looks to be cooked after losing a step due to injuries. If they make those tweaks, and remind CJ Gardner Johnson that he is a safety who has to be the last line of defense and not play hero ball, they might be more consistent on defense as the season goes on.

At LB, I was encouraged that things might be better this year. Zach Baum looks like a major find at linebacker and Nakobe Dean has some liabilities in coverage but is generally great shooting gaps and making plays around the line of scrimmage in the run game. I don't think Devin White is going to play over those two, but I could see them moving Baum to the on-ball LB spot currently occupied by Nolan Smith, who may be a bust.
this ass hat MUST be in public relations.

funny part after all these years...he didn't accidentally post the team recap in the wrong thread...No Sir. Always by design. ONWARD!

the entertainment remains the very best part.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no joke.
Losing a parent is an extremely hard time.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Jordan Love's injury isn't as bad as it could have been. We will wait and see but he could be back on the field reasonably soon. Would have hated to see him be out for the season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This can't be true can it?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2