• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Bengals and Eagles 0 wins
- Dolphins 1 win
- Rams, Cowboys, Chiefs and 49ers 3 wins

Including the Pats... over half the teams currently making the playoffs have 3 wins or less vs said teams.

Titans have most with 6 wins... followed by Bucs and Colts with 5 and Bills, Cards and Pack with 4

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Bengals and Eagles 0 wins
- Dolphins 1 win
- Rams, Cowboys, Chiefs and 49ers 3 wins

Including the Pats... over half the teams currently making the playoffs have 3 wins or less vs said teams.

Titans have most with 6 wins... followed by Bucs and Colts with 5 and Bills, Cards and Pack with 4
I think the bigger issue with the 'teams not beating winning teams' thing is that many of the teams also dont have previous playoff success with their QB and coach.

Imo, if the Chiefs and Niners are on the list then it doesn't really matter because both QBs and coaches have been to the Super Bowl. Pats its a little bit of an issue because the QB is new. Maybe thats balanced out by a HOF coach. No idea. Bengals get their shot at the Chiefs but them being so young...its hard to know. They could also be improving every week so maybe that balances out.

NFL point differential seems to be a fairly meaningful thing entering the playoffs. New England is 4th in point differential and if you look at Super Bowl teams you generally want to be top 6 so I dont think they should be worried. Miami is 20th in point differential. Not sure they should be looked at in the same light at all.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL point differential seems to be a fairly meaningful thing entering the playoffs. New England is 4th in point differential and if you look at Super Bowl teams you generally want to be top 6 so I dont think they should be worried. Miami is 20th in point differential. Not sure they should be looked at in the same light at all.
The points differential for the Pats comes to three blowouts over Jets, Browns, and Falcons where they won those games 124-20. Number one team in point differential is Bills, who only have beaten the Pats and swept the Dolphins.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The points differential for the Pats comes to three blowouts over Jets, Browns, and Falcons where they won those games 124-20. Number one team in point differential is Bills, who only have beaten the Pats and swept the Dolphins.
Patriots losses: 1 point to the Dolphins on a late fumble, 15 point loss to New Orleans in week 3, 2 point loss to the Bucs, 6 point loss to Dallas in OT, 10 point loss to the Colts, 12 point loss to the Bills. So 3 games with two possession difference and 3 close losses.

Admittedly the last two losses do put the Pats in a different light before those games. I do agree that if the blow out the Jaguars and lose to the Dolphins again then their point differential is probably meaningless.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC West is the only division with three teams in plus side of point differential, should have all four teams but Seattle is -1 point. Crazy!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd to bring this up unsolicited

RUSSELL WILSON
QB, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
wilson

Speaking Thursday, Russell Wilson "volunteered" that he hopes Sunday is not his final home game in Seattle.​

"I know you guys asked Bobby (Wagner) about could this be your last game (in Seattle as a Seahawk)," Wilson said. "I know for me personally, I hope it's not my last game, but at the same time, I know it won't be my last game in the NFL. So I'm just focused on today and getting better today. ... I love this city and I love this moment. I love these guys." Per reporter Brady Henderson, the comment was "somewhat out of nowhere ... near the end of a longer answer he gave in response to a follow-up question about how he had just said his goal is to win three more Super Bowls." Wilson has barely tried to conceal the fact that he sought a trade last offseason and plans to do so again this winter. Unlike the situation in Green Bay with Aaron Rodgers, Wilson has not appeared to gain greater influence with the Seahawks' brain trust this year, and the ultimate salve for hurt feelings has not been applied: Winning. Wilson is still signed for two more years, giving the Seahawks plenty of leverage in any looming showdown.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bigger issue with the 'teams not beating winning teams' thing is that many of the teams also dont have previous playoff success with their QB and coach.

Imo, if the Chiefs and Niners are on the list then it doesn't really matter because both QBs and coaches have been to the Super Bowl. Pats its a little bit of an issue because the QB is new. Maybe thats balanced out by a HOF coach. No idea. Bengals get their shot at the Chiefs but them being so young...its hard to know. They could also be improving every week so maybe that balances out.

I believe the Packers are #11 in points differential. The Cowboys and Buccaneers could well be stronger overall teams.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the Packers are #11 in points differential. The Cowboys and Buccaneers could well be stronger overall teams.

Packers are 6-2 in close games... have gotten very lucky in some games. Only 1 blowout loss to start the season and 2 close losses. But think safe to say Packers record is better than their overall play.

Last good game Packers have played IMO was vs the Rams. Since the defense is getting gashed vs the run and offense cannot sustain drives late to close out games.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers low run differential probably just means they'll have issues against teams in the trenches. This seems to be a recurring thing with them.