• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was able to pick up Tre'Quan Smith in 3 of my 4 leagues.
:scratch:
Should I be worried?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Thomas and Sanders are out.
I see that Carolina is 6th against opposing WR.
Teams can obviously run against them.
But I just CANNOT see Sean Payton taking his foot off the accelerator.
He WILL pass and Smith is the only healthy and most experienced option.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Thomas and Sanders are out.
I see that Carolina is 6th against opposing WR.
Teams can obviously run against them.
But I just CANNOT see Sean Payton taking his foot off the accelerator.
He WILL pass and Smith is the only healthy and most experienced option.
i just never trust smith, they clearly havent very often either.......would it be nuts to see kamara field 12 targets,4-5 murray , 4-5 cook .......

leave 10 targets petered around b/w smith and whoever else they bring in......... thats around 30-32 pass attempts

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just never trust smith, they clearly havent very often either.......would it be nuts to see kamara field 12 targets,4-5 murray , 4-5 cook .......

leave 10 targets petered around b/w smith and whoever else they bring in......... thats around 30-32 pass attempts
Saints have attempted 174 passes in 5 games.
Or 35 attempts per game.
This is the distribution to the positions:
RB = 36% or 12.6 per game
TE = 15% or 5.2 per game
WR = 46% or 16 per game.

If Smith get 10 targets (which might be low) and connects on the typical 72% that he is averaging, that's 7 receptions and 84 yards (or 15.4 points). And that's without a TD.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints have attempted 174 passes in 5 games.
Or 35 attempts per game.
This is the distribution to the positions:
RB = 36% or 12.6 per game
TE = 15% or 5.2 per game
WR = 46% or 16 per game.

If Smith get 10 targets (which might be low) and connects on the typical 72% that he is averaging, that's 7 receptions and 84 yards (or 15.4 points). And that's without a TD.
Well the wr we’re not smith. But go for it, massive upside. He’s disappointed before.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Steelers here, guys that are disappointing always seem to find ways to disappoint you regardless of whether they are the last guy standing or not. I just think it means more targets for the running backs and Jared Cook. Smith has been on the field a ton and Brees doesn't like throwing him the ball, that's not going to change just because the other guys aren't there.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Steelers here, guys that are disappointing always seem to find ways to disappoint you regardless of whether they are the last guy standing or not. I just think it means more targets for the running backs and Jared Cook. Smith has been on the field a ton and Brees doesn't like throwing him the ball, that's not going to change just because the other guys aren't there.
Heres another thing, and i should point out that i havent been able to verify what i am about to say...

On our local ESPN radio afternoon show, they were talking about Michael Thomas and his sudden "new" injury. I forget how they worded it but they likened Thomas' situation to Antonio Brown's just before his meltdown, then departure, in Pittsburgh.

So i was also looking at Smith's situation long term, even though I cant see the Saints being the same team without Brees.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres another thing, and i should point out that i havent been able to verify what i am about to say...

On our local ESPN radio afternoon show, they were talking about Michael Thomas and his sudden "new" injury. I forget how they worded it but they likened Thomas' situation to Antonio Brown's just before his meltdown, then departure, in Pittsburgh.

So i was also looking at Smith's situation long term, even though I cant see the Saints being the same team without Brees.
I see what your saying. The upside is massive. The upside for even one game is massive. Realistically he should have a nice game this week. I just don’t have the guts. He’s burned me before.

but long term. Are you saying this season or multiple seasons.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Adam Humphries? Heard his na me on SXM, saw he was available. I dropped Graham. Double digit points 3 of the 4 games he has played.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what your saying. The upside is massive. The upside for even one game is massive. Realistically he should have a nice game this week. I just don’t have the guts. He’s burned me before.

but long term. Are you saying this season or multiple seasons.
Maybe i should go back and listen to the podcast, but i want to say that his behavior in N'Orleans is being painted with a similar stroke as AB. Think they even hinted that Thomas would be on the trade block at the NFL deadline.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe i should go back and listen to the podcast, but i want to say that his behavior in N'Orleans is being painted with a similar stroke as AB. Think they even hinted that Thomas would be on the trade block at the NFL deadline.

After being suspended for Monday night’s victory over the Los Angeles Chargers due to conduct detrimental to the team, New Orleans Saints star wide receiver Michael Thomas may not be completely out of head coach Sean Payton’s doghouse just yet. Jeff Duncan, who covers the Saints for The Athletic, had the following to say in his recent column about Thomas’ erratic behavior over the past several months.

Teammates, coaches and friends compare Thomas’ fiery competitiveness to Michael Jordan, who infamously belittled teammates and opponents on his way to six NBA titles.

However, there’s a difference between competitiveness and boorishness. And too often Thomas’ behavior has crossed the line, earning him a reputation among Saints football operations and support staff that can best be described as “difficult.”

Sources said Thomas barked at team trainers for failing to tape his ankle properly and accused one administrative staffer of illegally going through his mail. Thomas’ unpredictable, aloof personality has alienated members of the team’s public relations staff and led to social media snipes at opposing players and local reporters, frustrating the club’s brain trust.

Following the Saints’ victory on Monday night, Payton was asked if Thomas’ suspension would carry over into another game. He only responded by saying, “I will keep you posted. That is something that we will discuss and we will let you know when the time is right.” Hmmm.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. But in regards to smith and his value. Are you talking this year or this year and beyond.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. But in regards to smith and his value. Are you talking this year or this year and beyond.
Little of both.
My 2 redraft leagues are a mess. Sure could use a waiver guy like TreQ to step up in the second half of the season.
As for my other dynasty, i do NOT need WR help. But nothing wrong with throwing a dart and see if it sticks.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little of both.
My 2 redraft leagues are a mess. Sure could use a waiver guy like TreQ to step up in the second half of the season.
As for my other dynasty, i do NOT need WR help. But nothing wrong with throwing a dart and see if it sticks.
Obv if something happens this year. Then yeah he holds value mid season. But long term. I think they’ve shown what they think of him.....he’s still buried and bringing in outside help. He’d have to have a hell of a turn for them to give him a prominent role in the future. Just my thoughts

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perine with a TD. Gore with good numbers, too.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF you watching the titans-steelers at all? Diontae is down again, but this is why i was talking him up....hes right back into the #1 role.............9 catches, 81 yards, 2 td's 14 targets........they love him, he is an extremely good route runner, not gloating, just point out how they use him, and will continue to use him

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF you watching the titans-steelers at all? Diontae is down again, but this is why i was talking him up....hes right back into the #1 role.............9 catches, 81 yards, 2 td's 14 targets........they love him, he is an extremely good route runner, not gloating, just point out how they use him, and will continue to use him

Diontae injured again?