• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record I’m on the drake train.

but not for the stated reasons.

Because of the system he’s going into. I feel it’s like a shabby system, plug , play, dominate.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I applaud Marv for taking his stand on Drake. Gotta go with what you feel. And Im not trying to be sarcastic, but I hope there is a Drake owner in my redraft league draft in 2 weeks.

Agree 99.99% with SJ. But Im not drafting CEH or Chubb in the first round either. But spot on with the reasoning.

You already know I am all aboard the Chubb train lol. CEH is a different story...as well as Drake. I just think with Chubb it's a different dilemma with Hunt.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixon is definitely a risk at the moment I could see this Migraine lasting into the season if the Bengals don't get him some Excedrin and a new contract

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it a leap of faith, maybe... but so is drafting Jacobs, or Sanders, Or mixon, or just about any RB in the late 1st/early 2nd this year. I'm just more keen on taking the one that's in the best offensive position (by far imo) of them. Doesn't hurt that I believe that Drake is actually #good at football.

Just because he beasted against 2 poor run defenses (what elite backs are supposed to do) doesn't mean he should get knocked. It's funny that those games also happened to be the games where he had the most carries last year. Weird. It's almost like when you use good players they perform well. huh. What about the 110 rushing on 15 carries he put up against SF?

He averaged 100+ yscrm/gm with AZ. I don't think that's sustainable necessarily, but I don't think he's going to be far from it this season.
Mixon and Jacobs have had 1k plus season(s), not so much a leap of faith. And I wouldn't draft Sanders in the first either, for mostly the exact same reasons.

And pointing out that he "beasted" two bad D's isnt knocking him, pointing out that those were the ONLY games he "beasted" anyone, might be though

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of risky RB's in the 1st-2nd but it seems like this happens almost any year. David Johnson was a 1st round pick for years bc he had one great season.

We have a lot of questionable RB's at the top:

Mixon - losing team could throw a lot with Burrow
Chubb - how involved is Hunt going to be
Gurley - injury prone new team
Bell - didn't do shit last year
Jacobs - one year isn't enough but he should get the bulk of the carries
DJ - always a question mark
Conner
CEH - rookie
Henry - low receptions, everything went right for TEN last year
Sanders
Carson -

Almost every RB is a question mark...even Barkley is with injury concerns, who is going top 3. But you still have to minimize risk as much as possible...Drake has 8 games where he is legimately proved himself as a #1 rb on a team. He could ball, yeah he could...but is he worth a 1st round pick and does he offer less risk than some of these guys. Everyone has a different opinion.

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders was a rookie last year and got more carries than Drake's career high...and that's 4 years in the league now.
Mixon's had 237 and 278 carries back to back years.
Jacobs as a rookie had 242 carries.

Not sure anyone of those guys is a good comparison to Drake, who at 26 and plenty of experience has never managed over 170 carries in a season. That's a bit of a stretch. I don't know if anything will justify him of being 1st round pick worthy.

At a fundamental level, fantasy football is entirely about minimizing risk and giving yourself the best odds to win on a weekly basis.

So if you are sitting at the 10-12 range, you are telling me you would pick Drake after this draft order-PPR 12 team?

1. McCaffrey
2. Zeke
3. Barkley
4. Kamara
5. Cook
6. Thomas
7. Henry
8. CEH
9. Mixon

You have Chubb, Jacobs, Ekeler, A Jones, Adams, Hill, Julio, Hopkins all on the board and you would take Drake. Not buying it. I'm not even thinking about Drake at this point. He isn't on my big board for my 1st or 2nd round pick at this draft spot imo.
I'm taking Drake over Jones, Jacobs, Ekeler and probably Chubb. I also said I'm taking him at the end of RD1 and early RD2, I think. So I'm assuming at least Adams is off the board and maybe even Hill or Julio at that point. Either way, the only players I'm most likely taking over Drake from that list are Adams and Julio.

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders was a rookie last year and got more carries than Drake's career high...and that's 4 years in the league now.
Mixon's had 237 and 278 carries back to back years.
Jacobs as a rookie had 242 carries.

Not sure anyone of those guys is a good comparison to Drake, who at 26 and plenty of experience has never managed over 170 carries in a season. That's a bit of a stretch. I don't know if anything will justify him of being 1st round pick worthy.
Again, I blame Drake's lack of touches on the shit coaching he had to deal with in Miami. That and the fact that the OL couldn't block for shit and they were always playing from behind. Not a great recipe for RB touches imo.

Drake averaged 18 touches per game in Arizona. Jacobs averaged 20 touches per game, Mixon averaged 19.5, and Sanders averaged 19 from week 9-16. They're not that much farther ahead of him as far as touches as it stands, and this year the Cards should be able to utilize Drake more having been in the offense for those games plus having the offseason to learn more of the playbook. I see Drake's touches going up, but I'm not sure how the other's touches (sans maybe Sanders) have room to go that much more.

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixon and Jacobs have had 1k plus season(s), not so much a leap of faith. And I wouldn't draft Sanders in the first either, for mostly the exact same reasons.

And pointing out that he "beasted" two bad D's isnt knocking him, pointing out that those were the ONLY games he "beasted" anyone, might be though
*whispers* He put up 110 rushing on the 9ers defense.

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whispers... The 49ers were 17th vs the run, they allowed an average of 112 yards per game, and Drake didn't even get that. Appreciate the assist!
They averaged 4.5 yards per rush on the season and he had 7.3.. But aight.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They averaged 4.5 yards per rush on the season and he had 7.3.. But aight.
How about this..
You simply say, "I got no basis in stats or history, but my gut tells me hes gonna be worth a #1 pick....and drop it, cuz, youre getting desperate and it ain't becoming.

Its ok, we all admit we've got nothing but gut feelings all the time, it onlys gets stupid when we try and make up statistical points to back up our gut when stars prove otherwise.

Shoot..here's my favorite, that I said repeatedly preseason 2015- " I got nothing to back me up but I know in my heart, Monte Ball will be worth a first round pick"

Its actually pretty easy and somewhat freeing, even if it bites you in the ass from time to time

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this..
You simply say, "I got no basis in stats or history, but my gut tells me hes gonna be worth a #1 pick....and drop it, cuz, youre getting desperate and it ain't becoming.

Its ok, we all admit we've got nothing but gut feelings all the time, it onlys gets stupid when we try and make up statistical points to back up our gut when stars prove otherwise
Imagine taking the stats I've given you and saying it's 'just a gut feeling'.

I haven't made anything up. At all. Just because you want to ignore something that isn't OMG YPG OMG BULK STATS doesn't mean what I'm saying isn't relevant.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine taking the stats I've given you and saying it's 'just a gut feeling'.

I haven't made anything up. At all. Just because you want to ignore something that isn't OMG YPG OMG BULK STATS doesn't mean what I'm saying isn't relevant.
3 100yard games, all against bottom half defenses do not justify a first round pick..in fact the fact that they are his ONLY 100 yard games, definitely suggests otherwise. Not ignoring anything, you've simply not provided anything that supports your theory **whipsers** because it doesn't exist.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I blame Drake's lack of touches on the shit coaching he had to deal with in Miami. That and the fact that the OL couldn't block for shit and they were always playing from behind. Not a great recipe for RB touches imo.

Drake averaged 18 touches per game in Arizona. Jacobs averaged 20 touches per game, Mixon averaged 19.5, and Sanders averaged 19 from week 9-16. They're not that much farther ahead of him as far as touches as it stands, and this year the Cards should be able to utilize Drake more having been in the offense for those games plus having the offseason to learn more of the playbook. I see Drake's touches going up, but I'm not sure how the other's touches (sans maybe Sanders) have room to go that much more.

Again, you said he was 1st round pick worthy. I'll let you know if I ever see him taken in the 1st round bc it won't happen. You could be right and he could be an absolute stud but the odds aren't in your favor and that's the point here. Minimize risk. An 8 game sample in a 4 year career is not a large sample size to value him as a 1st round pick

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking Drake over Jones, Jacobs, Ekeler and probably Chubb. I also said I'm taking him at the end of RD1 and early RD2, I think. So I'm assuming at least Adams is off the board and maybe even Hill or Julio at that point. Either way, the only players I'm most likely taking over Drake from that list are Adams and Julio.

tenor.gif

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's all good boys, football season is right around the corner, so we'll get to see who's gut feelings and forward projections hit in the near future!!!