• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who goes down first, Richardson or Daniels?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all dismissing Jordan Love.
Gotta say i watch too many Packers games and he does throw a pretty ball. Nice touch.

But he is also a good example of a 2nd year guy having struggles. There was a stretch (i believe to start 2023) where he looked lost in the pocket. He did turn it around by the end of the season.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All depends on which one is more willing/able to operate from the pocket.

My money would be on Daniels going down first- lesser supporting cast, leading to more pressure for him to make some thing happen, plus he's a rookie. But if he keeps his ad lib run plays to a minimum, he's got a chance.

We know Richardson won't operate in the pocket, so it's not if, just when.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checked and confirmed, ppl are still drafting Jefferson in the 1st round this year even tho he got hurt and didn't play a full season

Don't they realize he could get hurt again?
I think people are more weary with QB's especially young QB's that have proved absolutely nothing. That being said, it isn't the injury that is spooky for me. It's the fact he isn't that good of a passer and/or hasn't proven it yet at the NFL level

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I do and I don't get the love for Stroud.
I fully expect his numbers overall to increase. I can't see why not, everything around him improved, on paper.

BUT

From a fantasy perspective, his numbers weren't that great anyways. Yards were nice, TD's were meh at best. So I mean, is it realistic to expect 10+ more tds and 500-700 more yards? Seems a bit of a stretch.
Possible, fer sure, but a stretch. And yes, he could easily hit a soph slump and everything goes down
There are always overreactions, good and bad. Stroud in that offense is capable of throwing for 5,000 yards and 40 TD's. I think he is so high in the rankings bc of that upside. He has ridiculous arm talent and accuracy so his ceiling is higher. I think he is a pretty safe pick but I don't feel the need to reach for him in like round 2nd or 3rd...you know guys will be doing it. More of a round 4ish-5ish pick.
I only believe in slumps for guys that don't have all the tools. Dell, Collins, Diggs, Schultz and Mixon who is a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield. I feel bad for that division.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sure, I ain't saying he shouldn't be taken or in a roster, just that I sure wouldn't bank on him being your QB come playoff time. You'd better have a reliable plan B.. which given the cost of taking Richardson to start with, seems like a big investment at the position
Agree, no thanks to that investment.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are always overreactions, good and bad. Stroud in that offense is capable of throwing for 5,000 yards and 40 TD's. I think he is so high in the rankings bc of that upside. He has ridiculous arm talent and accuracy so his ceiling is higher. I think he is a pretty safe pick but I don't feel the need to reach for him in like round 2nd or 3rd...you know guys will be doing it. More of a round 4ish-5ish pick.
I only believe in slumps for guys that don't have all the tools. Dell, Collins, Diggs, Schultz and Mixon who is a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield. I feel bad for that division.

I feel bad for all the fantasy owners that don't realize the difference between a 4th place in your division schedule compared to a 1st place in your division schedule.

Texans bout to find out this year when the Jets, Broncos, and Browns get swapped out for Bills, Chiefs, and Ravens on their schedule

Saying Mike Tyson GIF by Cameo

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF
Someone's reading our board again.

Headline:

Colts’ Anthony Richardson struggles in practice with Bengals: ‘Is that all he does is run?’​

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF
Someone's reading our board again.

Headline:

Colts’ Anthony Richardson struggles in practice with Bengals: ‘Is that all he does is run?’​

Cincy secondary been chirping a lot this week, they want to see more action.

Titans radio been eating it up

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I mentioned titans radio, they've been very impressed with 2 late round rookies lately, WR JaQuan Jackson (Tulane, former teammate of Spears) and OLB Jaylen Harrell (Michigan)

Jackson a potential DEEP cut for dynasty, obviously won't be getting any snaps over Hop/Ridley/Boyd this season but I'm interested to see if he makes the final 53.

They are also really hoping the WR from Youngstown State clears next week so they can put him on practice squad, think his name is Oliver but I forget

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to beat a dead horse.... :deadhorse:

Wasnt the knock on Richardson coming out of college that he completed less than 60% of his passes? Dont see that getting better in the NFL.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I do and I don't get the love for Stroud.
I fully expect his numbers overall to increase. I can't see why not, everything around him improved, on paper.

BUT

From a fantasy perspective, his numbers weren't that great anyways. Yards were nice, TD's were meh at best. So I mean, is it realistic to expect 10+ more tds and 500-700 more yards? Seems a bit of a stretch.
Possible, fer sure, but a stretch. And yes, he could easily hit a soph slump and everything goes down
His receiving corps is nuts. Someone's going to be open all the time. And Mixon's a better pass-catcher than Singletary. Stroud plays out of the pocket, doesn't get rattled, and responds to coaching. Consistency on the O-line. I do expect a jump this year.

Nothing's guaranteed, but all the ingredients are there.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wasnt the knock on Richardson coming out of college that he completed less than 60% of his passes? Dont see that getting better in the NFL.

I think the major red flag was the limited number of games he started in college, similar to Trubisky

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes that was a major concern, along with the limited amount of starts.

His completion percentage thus far as a pro?
59.5%

League average 64.5%, been above 60% since 2007

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that was a major concern, along with the limited amount of starts.

His completion percentage thus far as a pro?
59.5%

League average 64.5%, been above 60% since 2007

What HOF QB was the first to throw for better than 60% in a season? He was a great QB in his time leading his team to 3 Super Bowl wins, but sucked in FF.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What HOF QB was the first to throw for better than 60% in a season? He was a great QB in his time leading his team to 3 Super Bowl wins, but sucked in FF.

I was trying to stick it in a spoiler, but it seems to have been gotten rid of. The answer was Aikman.