• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the Bears backfield is less than settled. Swift only getting 2 touches, to Herberts 9, most of which with the starters in, is a little concerning for Swifties.

Bills also have some concerning leaks on how James Cook is doing.

Definitely going to be watching for this apparent emerging studliness from Rico Dowdle later this afternoon too
Swift never played again in the preseason game after his 42 yard screen pass. Herbert struggled running the ball in the preseason game after swift left (getting the entirety of his play time after swift left). If Herbert is battling anybody, it’s Roschon Johnson for the back up spot.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Dowdle was meh, neither Zeke nor Freeman played at all, along with virtually every other Cowboys starter. Freeman did come in with a slight groin strain, maybe he was inactive due to that, maybe it's was because he's above Dowdle and they just didn't see the point?

Side note, how the heck does Lance attempt 40+ passes and not hit 200 yards??
I heard a bit of the post-game on accident on the radio. One of the commentators pointed out that Lance has played in one game in the past two years, and this was it.

I'll give him a tiny break. If he's not significantly better the next two pre-season games the idea of him as the post-Dak starter, which was always kind of a long shot, evaporates completely.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if anyone wants to hitch a wagon to Swift, be my guest.

I'm just saying it's a bit concerning that the starters played around 20-25 plays and the Bears used 3 RBs in that time

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm just saying it's a bit concerning that the starters played around 20-25 plays and the Bears used 3 RBs in that time
It's Da Bears. ;)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a bit of the post-game on accident on the radio. One of the commentators pointed out that Lance has played in one game in the past two years, and this was it.

I'll give him a tiny break. If he's not significantly better the next two pre-season games the idea of him as the post-Dak starter, which was always kind of a long shot, evaporates completely.
I heard from the local radio talking heads that he was directed specifically by the coaching staff not to duck and run, but to throw the ball.

They wanted to see what he has. I didn't see the game except for the last 2 minutes, but I guess by throwing the ball 41 times, he met that criteria.

188 yards? Well yeah, needs a little work there. ;)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While i dont appreciate the shots fired at the Bears, cant help but wonder why anyone would draft any Bears skill player except for DJ Moore?

They had the worst offense. They have a rookie QB, a new OC, and an O-line that will probably be a work-in-progress all season long.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While i dont appreciate the shots fired at the Bears, cant help but wonder why anyone would draft any Bears skill player except for DJ Moore?

They had the worst offense. They have a rookie QB, a new OC, and an O-line that will probably be a work-in-progress all season long.

I have ended up with a few in D1, that I will be starting as long as they are not injured. Moore and Swift.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eagles didn't even start using Swift until week 2.

If someone isn't being used in the preseason it's usually because they ARE the unquestioned starter.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles didn't even start using Swift until week 2.

If someone isn't being used in the preseason it's usually because they ARE the unquestioned starter.
That logic only applies if the team isn't playing their starters that game. The starters did play, Swift, did play. And Herbert and Johnson, also played- with the starters.

And the Eagles didn't start using him until week two, becuase he was a backup to Gainwell, who pissed the job down his leg week 1.

He couldn't put a 35 year old Peterson out to pasture, he couldn't keep Jamaal Williams on the bench, Gainwell is still in Philly, he isnt. Notice a pattern?
I highly doubt he'll keep the other guys in Chicago on the bench either

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are six running backs in the NFL that make more money.

He’s going to play. Until he gets hurt.
Love the $ = playing time argument.

Once games matter, that goes out the window, always has.
We can go down memory lane and list all the highly drafted players who were usurped by a later round pick or udfa. We can revisit the Miles Sanders, Leveon Bell type free agent deals, but you know all those.

Draft Capitol, money, all it does is guarantee more chances than those who were paid less/ drafted lower.

And the dude just below him on that pay scale? Why is every one convinced he's going to be in a time share? If pay scale dictates PT, Pollard doesn't have to worry about Spears, there's only 7 RB in the league paid more than him.

Swifts history suggests he's nothing more than a committee back. His committee in Philly was with the QB... shockingly, that's the only place he's had real success- with a running QB. I don't think Caleb Williams 3.3 ypc in college suggests he's going to be helping out much.

Keep the faith, by all means.

But it's a bigger leap to assume he's got this backfield in lock down, than it is to assume it'll be a 2-3 man rotation

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the $ = playing time argument.

Once games matter, that goes out the window, always has.
We can go down memory lane and list all the highly drafted players who were usurped by a later round pick or udfa. We can revisit the Miles Sanders, Leveon Bell type free agent deals, but you know all those.

Draft Capitol, money, all it does is guarantee more chances than those who were paid less/ drafted lower.

And the dude just below him on that pay scale? Why is every one convinced he's going to be in a time share? If pay scale dictates PT, Pollard doesn't have to worry about Spears, there's only 7 RB in the league paid more than him.

Swifts history suggests he's nothing more than a committee back. His committee in Philly was with the QB... shockingly, that's the only place he's had real success- with a running QB. I don't think Caleb Williams 3.3 ypc in college suggests he's going to be helping out much.

Keep the faith, by all means.

But it's a bigger leap to assume he's got this backfield in lock down, than it is to assume it'll be a 2-3 man rotation

i dont think any swift truthers think it is a lockdown... but it is easy to assume he will be the RB1, whether that is 60/40 or 55/45, or even 40/30/30

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think any swift truthers think it is a lockdown... but it is easy to assume he will be the RB1, whether that is 60/40 or 55/45, or even 40/30/30
Well that's fair enough, just not the way the debate sounds, at least to me.

But regardless, from a fantasy perspective, 60/40 is like the bottom of the barrel for a RB2/ flex option, and that's more or less best case scenario that you presented.

Personally, I'm thinking more of a 40/40/20 situation, and I couldn't say which one is where

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's fair enough, just not the way the debate sounds, at least to me.

But regardless, from a fantasy perspective, 60/40 is like the bottom of the barrel for a RB2/ flex option, and that's more or less best case scenario that you presented.

Personally, I'm thinking more of a 40/40/20 situation, and I couldn't say which one is where

remember though that he catches balls.... so sure, in a standard he may be low end RB2... but in a PPR, he is pretty safe for 12+ points per week average... not too shabby for a RB2... and there is upside...

Last edited:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safe to say Treff won't be sad he missed out on Swift this season.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember though that he catches balls.... so sure, in a standard he may be low end RB2... but in a PPR, he is pretty safe for 12+ points per week average... not too shabby for a RB2... and there is upside...
Maybe used to be safe for 12 a game, in Philly, with Hurts.

And as for catching that ball, for his career, Swift averaged 3.5 catches a game. 2.4 last year, as Gainwell took half the RB recptions

Both Herbert and Roschon averaged about 2 a game last year. 1.7 and 2.3 respectively.

It's not exactly a massive advantage over the other two, who are both capable, adequate receivers, but weren't exactly used that way as Feilds would much rather run or throw deep than to take that check down.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe used to be safe for 12 a game, in Philly, with Hurts.

And as for catching that ball, for his career, Swift averaged 3.5 catches a game. 2.4 last year, as Gainwell took half the RB recptions

Both Herbert and Roschon averaged about 2 a game last year. 1.7 and 2.3 respectively.

It's not exactly a massive advantage over the other two, who are both capable, adequate receivers, but weren't exactly used that way as Feilds would much rather run or throw deep than to take that check down.

doesnt need to be an advantage over the other 2 backs... point is he should average around 3+ catches per game... 60+ total yards, and .3 TDs per game... at the very least... thats 10.8 per game... and that was being really low on him...

i am more 3.5, 70, .4= 12.9 and i think that is still a low projection...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit though. I am high on the bears. So naturally I will be higher on their players.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit though. I am high on the bears. So naturally I will be higher on their players.
I'm not high on Da Bears in general. I do like DJ Moore, but that's about it. Just too damned many If's that have to pan out to get too excited about.

I just feel as though Herbert and Roschon are being dismissed far too easily. Personally I wouldn't want any of them. If forced, I would take Swift before I took Herbert, but only marginally, at best. And it'd be well after virtually every other teams' backfield..minus maybe Dallas.

And I'm not at all trying to say that Swift is bad, or anything, he's just not anything special

All three are just so similar, similar builds, similar skill sets.. I just don't see anything that confirms Swift has anything at all over the others, other than the contract..which is pretty meaningless after the first series of the first game