• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 2 rookie QB's appear to be the real deal.
Still no answers on who will be QB 1 in LV, NE, PIT, MIN or DEN.

JJ McCarthy looks like the real deal too. Might make some rookie mistakes but he's got the arm

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 2 rookie QB's appear to be the real deal.
I'm not convinced about appearing to be 'real deal'. Especially Caleb. He wasn't horrible. But he wasn't all that impressive either. Barely broke 50%, had an int erased on a questionable defensive penalty that wasn't near the ball, and missed a relatively easy TD pass.
Daniels wasn't bad, then again, I've never really had a huge concern about him.

Both need more time than a couple drives to get any real feel for what they can/ can't do.

JJ looked amazing, after his pick. Then again, we got plenty of chances to see what he can do, the others didn't get that chance

These top two dudes need to play a full quarter +, preferably at least a full half, hopefully we'll get that next week. Gimme 5-6 drives, what do you do after an int, after a couple sacks?
The Aiyuk saga continues, although it's now clear it's not just about the $ or he'd be wearing a Pat's uniform..
Is it? Cuz if reports are true and he wants to be in Pitt, then it ain't about winning or about being with some great QB either. So if it ain't the money, or the winning, what is it about? Does he really think he can get all of it somewhere else, at this point in the league year?

Still no answers on who will be QB 1 in LV, NE, PIT, MIN or DEN.
Barring something really unforseen (or the teams flat out saying 'fuck it, let's lose right away')

The week one starters-
NE- Brissett
Pitt- RW
Min - Darnold

Vegas has a legit competition, of which the winner ain't gonna be great anyways, but O'Connell has the upper hand from what I've seen and heard

Denver- %100 up in the air, and it all comes down to if Bo Nix can show anything impressive today and next weekend. Smart money, at this moment, is on Stidham week 1, but totally open for Nix to win, if he can. Peyton has rotated Nix, Stidham, and even a little bit of Z Wilson in practice reps with the 1's, all camp long, expected to continue that until week 3.

Beyond week 1, who the heck knows?

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced about appearing to be 'real deal'. Especially Caleb. He wasn't horrible. But he wasn't all that impressive either. Barely broke 50%, had an int erased on a questionable defensive penalty that wasn't near the ball, and missed a relatively easy TD pass.
Daniels wasn't bad, then again, I've never really had a huge concern about him.

Both need more time than a couple drives to get any real feel for what they can/ can't do.

JJ looked amazing, after his pick. Then again, we got plenty of chances to see what he can do, the others didn't get that chance

These top two dudes need to play a full quarter +, preferably at least a full half, hopefully we'll get that next week. Gimme 5-6 drives, what do you do after an int, after a couple sacks?

Is it? Cuz if reports are true and he wants to be in Pitt, then it ain't about winning or about being with some great QB either. So if it ain't the money, or the winning, what is it about? Does he really think he can get all of it somewhere else, at this point in the league year?

Barring something really unforseen (or the teams flat out saying 'fuck it, let's lose right away')

The week one starters-
NE- Brissett
Pitt- RW
Min - Darnold

ing sf this year.
Vegas has a legit competition, of which the winner ain't gonna be great anyways, but O'Connell has the upper hand from what I've seen and heard

Denver- %100 up in the air, and it all comes down to if Bo Nix can show anything impressive today and next weekend. Smart money, at this moment, is on Stidham week 1, but totally open for Nix to win, if he can. Peyton has rotated Nix, Stidham, and even a little bit of Z Wilson in practice reps with the 1's, all camp long, expected to continue that until week 3.

Beyond week 1, who the heck knows?
I can,t see ba leaving San Fran this year.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the Bears backfield is less than settled. Swift only getting 2 touches, to Herberts 9, most of which with the starters in, is a little concerning for Swifties.

Bills also have some concerning leaks on how James Cook is doing.

Definitely going to be watching for this apparent emerging studliness from Rico Dowdle later this afternoon too

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the Bears backfield is less than settled. Swift only getting 2 touches, to Herberts 9, most of which with the starters in, is a little concerning for Swifties.

Definitely going to be watching for this apparent emerging studliness from Rico Dowdle later this afternoon too
I,d love to see the bills shit the bed.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be the year. Possibly the least talented group of 'skill position' players, as a whole, that Allen has had since he was a rookie.

It's Kincaid, and than what?? There's some legit NFL players - Cook, Samuel, and a couple 'might be's'- Shakir, Coleman, but nothing that'll keep a DC up at night

Josh Allen is great, but he ain't that great.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting you bring up the Bills and Bears. Not sure what to make of the Bears for sure, but, then again, I have no shares of anyone in that backfield - so my interest is minimal. The Bills, well, no one on the roster ran the ball well. Davis showed a bit as a receiver but other than that, they all missed an opportunity to show something. .... as for the receivers fully agree.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iu

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was surprised Swift even dressed.

Get that he is working with a new QB, but seemed unnecessary. Nothing to gain by giving vets Preseason carries imo.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised Swift even dressed.

Get that he is working with a new QB, but seemed unnecessary. Nothing to gain by giving vets Preseason carries imo.
Vets on new teams, new systems with new QB's, new audibles, new pass pro pickups... very large reason to give them snaps.

I see a big committee. But kinda figured on that when they signed him anyways

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Dowdle was meh, neither Zeke nor Freeman played at all, along with virtually every other Cowboys starter. Freeman did come in with a slight groin strain, maybe he was inactive due to that, maybe it's was because he's above Dowdle and they just didn't see the point?

Side note, how the heck does Lance attempt 40+ passes and not hit 200 yards??

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF
Whats the word locally on Bo Nix?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF
Whats the word locally on Bo Nix?
I don't listen much on the weekends, typically only while to and from work and any drive time to jobsites.

But guessing from what I saw and the stat line, I'm sure they're very happy. I can only imagine the drooling I'll be hearing on the drive in tomorrow

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nix definitely took a big step towards starting week 1 also.
I actually watched the preseason game which is rare for the first week. Nix looked very good. Gives this Bronco fan hope for the future.
But it is just the first preseason game.