• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Bass hasn't had a decent fantasy night since October 1st, puts up over 17 on me in 3 different leagues this week.

Round 6 Reaction GIF

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that I should add that this is a keeper league, where we keep 2 offensive players with no draft pick compensation and can keep them for as long as we want. Before we declare our final keepers, we cut down to 5 (at least 1 must be an IDP) and can trade off that roster. I was thinking about keeping Andrews in order to possibly work a deal in the offseason, but I doubt he makes my final cuts and nobody has been interested in Andrews the past 2 years, so I could just dump him back into the scrap heap. There was a report that he may be able to play this season, but it doesn't sound like it would be during the regular season.
Yeah still wouldn't carry 3 QB's. Absolute best case you keep one, and you've already stayed no one was a taker on a trade for anyone, Cam re-draft one of em surely.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. Now… Do we all want to go back to our 2023 draft projections and see where he was ranked?
We can.

I remember conversations about not trading guys for him. I stand by what I said.

Have him on one redraft. He isn’t and never was the #1 receiver on my team. And I didn’t take a receiver till the 11th pick in the third. And that receiver wasn’t him.

I also made some Tee Higgins comments with a lot of my Waddle comments. And some Aiyuk ones at the same time.( Guys who aren’t the #1 on their own teams. )

Higgybaby has been hurt. But he’d still be at the top of that group for me long term.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much every dynasty fantasy football “expert”…
Well the word 'dynasty' drastically changes the ranking criteria.

His youth and probable 10+ years of a productive career are going to beat out a lot of 28-32 year old receivers who, in a redraft, would put him to shame.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the biggest fan of rostering 3 QBs either, but I also am not a big fan of throwing one of them back in the scrap heap. There are a couple of teams fighting with me for a playoff spot who would love to scoop up one of those guys as a FA. Plus, all 3 of them have been knicked up at some point this season. I would hate to dump one and lose the 2 that I keep.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I am just going to dump Andrews. I have until midnight to really decide, but that is where I am leaning right now. If they end up putting him on IR, then I can do that and not have to drop anyone, but unless there is a chance he'll be back by week 16 or 17, he is really no use to me.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I decided to pick up whatever teams defense the giants are playing. Do you guys think that’s a good idea

not a bad idea, targeting weak offenses like Giants, Panthers, Titans typically leads to decent DST fantasy production.

Commanders another good one to target, they give up a ton of sacks but can light up the scoreboard as well

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a bad idea, targeting weak offenses like Giants, Panthers, Titans typically leads to decent DST fantasy production.

Commanders another good one to target, they give up a ton of sacks but can light up the scoreboard as well
Used the Giants D last week on my good team. Worked swell.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I am just going to dump Andrews. I have until midnight to really decide, but that is where I am leaning right now. If they end up putting him on IR, then I can do that and not have to drop anyone, but unless there is a chance he'll be back by week 16 or 17, he is really no use to me.
Last I heard it sounded like he won’t go on IR. The injury isn’t as bad as they’d assumed.

But no idea if they hope yo have him back for the playoffs or the end of the regular season.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing about your QB situation, is that Lawrence has only had one good game. And he just had it. He’d be a shiny toy for someone looking, and they might start him and lose because he sucks again (tough schedule down the stretch).

But I see your point. Better safe than sorry

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players I thought were better than they are:

Dameon Pierce - looks like I was one season early when I called him a bust before last season, has looked terrible so far when Singletary has looked good behind the same OL

Miles Sanders - really thought he'd easily command the lions share in panthers backfield and be a solid RB2 for fantasy with a rookie QB but he lost his job to Chubba and has had to fight back just to get into an RBBC situation

Diontae Johnson - well this is clearly my fault, dude busted last yr with Pickett and I was dumb enough to think that was the fluke. Still a good player (I think) but won't get anything better than Pick-Six-It or Trubs this season

Quinton Johnston - still needs time to develop but the Davante Adams career arc is extremely rare, especially when a WR can't catch AND doesn't run crisp routes. Charger injuries forced him into the spotlight and he's showcased more warts than pro plays so far

Honorable mention: Trevor Lawrence/Calvin Ridley, Chig Okwonko, Dan Jones and I'm sure a bunch of others

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dameon Pierce - looks like I was one season early when I called him a bust before last season, has looked terrible so far when Singletary has looked good behind the same OL

Miles Sanders - really thought he'd easily command the lions share in panthers backfield and be a solid RB2 for fantasy with a rookie QB but he lost his job to Chubba and has had to fight back just to get into an RBBC situation

Diontae Johnson - well this is clearly my fault, dude busted last yr with Pickett and I was dumb enough to think that was the fluke. Still a good player (I think) but won't get anything better than Pick-Six-It or Trubs this season

Quinton Johnston - still needs time to develop but the Davante Adams career arc is extremely rare, especially when a WR can't catch AND doesn't run crisp routes. Charger injuries forced him into the spotlight and he's showcased more warts than pro plays so far

Honorable mention: Trevor Lawrence/Calvin Ridley, Chig Okwonko, Dan Jones and I'm sure a bunch of others
Mac Jones, R. Stevenson, Jimmy G., J. Herbert, I. Likely, Deebo, Pickett, Mahommes, Tooney, Eagles D/ST, and Stafford.

I almost said Pollard, but then remembered, I wasn't too keen on him all offseason..I give myself half of a gold star. Worse than I thought he might be, but I still thought he'd be decent

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac Jones, R. Stevenson, Jimmy G., J. Herbert, I. Likely, Deebo, Pickett, Mahommes, Tooney, Eagles D/ST, and Stafford.

I almost said Pollard, but then remembered, I wasn't too keen on him all offseason..I give myself half of a gold star. Worse than I thought he might be, but I still thought he'd be decent

Erased Pollard from my mind, had him as my preferred 2nd rd target everywhere and didn't get him in any redrafts. Thought he'd have top 5 potential in that offense

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erased Pollard from my mind, had him as my preferred 2nd rd target everywhere and didn't get him in any redrafts. Thought he'd have top 5 potential in that offense
Well he did have...potential..potentially, offense didn't get going until they pivoted away from him and to Dak/Lamb/Cooks.

I dunno if the scheme changed THAT much from Old OC to MM (Old OC has done zippo for Ekeler/Herbert/Allen), or if Pollard truly benefited that much with D's banking on Zeke but getting Pollard...it's crazy how stark it's been. He looks every bit like a later round drafted RB that he is, and nothing like that diamond in the rough he flashed the previous couple years

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I went big on Justin Fields and Bijan this year and got burned. Fields predictably got better as a passer but dried up a ton as a rushing QB.