• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don’t understand the anti-Pollard stuff lately.

If he plays the rest of the games he’s going to have a career high in total yardage. He’s already tied his career high in receptions. And is on pace for well over his career high in carries.

Jordan Love might have the brightest future of any starting QB in the NFC North.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he plays the rest of the games he’s going to have a career high in total yardage. He’s already tied his career high in receptions. And is on pace for well over his career high in carries.

Jordan Love might have the brightest future of any starting QB in the NFC North.
Love surprised me last night, and last week to be frank.

But Pollard-, 'career highs' for a dude who spent the better part of 4 years as a backup isn't very impressive in my book. Of course he's gonna have career highs, he's the starter now, and hasn't sucked badly enough to lose his job.
But volume numbers aren't a great indicator as to why people are down on him.

I full yard per carry less than previous 2 seasons, yards per reception down 3.5 yards from last year, on pace for fewer rushing TD's, zero receiving TD's thus far. He's just not produced as expected/hoped.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's all a matter of prospective. People were so high on Pollard finally taking over the starter role. But he has not lived up to the hype, thus some view him as a bust. ..... the reality is he's been adequate in a high powered offense - no more, no less. Certainly no Zeke in his prime.
As for Love, he seems to be finding his footing. I have him in a couple of league and had lost faith, thus he's been riding the bench of late - and of course he's since been producing. The proof in the pudding will come against stout team defenses that can bring the heat with good secondaries. ... hoping he can handle it - if he does, then he's arrived as a weekly starter - if not, then he remains a streamer.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commanders fired Del Rio..well I ain't saying that he doesn't deserve to lose the gig, they weren't good to start with, but what exactly did anyone expect after trading away Sweat and Young?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players I thought were better than they are:

Dameon Pierce - looks like I was one season early when I called him a bust before last season, has looked terrible so far when Singletary has looked good behind the same OL

Miles Sanders - really thought he'd easily command the lions share in panthers backfield and be a solid RB2 for fantasy with a rookie QB but he lost his job to Chubba and has had to fight back just to get into an RBBC situation

Diontae Johnson - well this is clearly my fault, dude busted last yr with Pickett and I was dumb enough to think that was the fluke. Still a good player (I think) but won't get anything better than Pick-Six-It or Trubs this season

Quinton Johnston - still needs time to develop but the Davante Adams career arc is extremely rare, especially when a WR can't catch AND doesn't run crisp routes. Charger injuries forced him into the spotlight and he's showcased more warts than pro plays so far

Honorable mention: Trevor Lawrence/Calvin Ridley, Chig Okwonko, Dan Jones and I'm sure a bunch of others
Agree with most except Daniel Jones. I knew deep down the Giants, Daboll and Danny were a fluke last season. That contract is awful

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with most except Daniel Jones. I knew deep down the Giants, Daboll and Danny were a fluke last season. That contract is awful
Yeah Danny Dimes told Joe Flacco to hold his beer on that one.

Daboll helped, Barkley helped immensely, and Jones balled his best. Then he got paid, and his last 'give a F' flew away

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love surprised me last night, and last week to be frank.

But Pollard-, 'career highs' for a dude who spent the better part of 4 years as a backup isn't very impressive in my book. Of course he's gonna have career highs, he's the starter now, and hasn't sucked badly enough to lose his job.
But volume numbers aren't a great indicator as to why people are down on him.

I full yard per carry less than previous 2 seasons, yards per reception down 3.5 yards from last year, on pace for fewer rushing TD's, zero receiving TD's thus far. He's just not produced as expected/hoped.
Guess I expected less from a second round RB than others.

Have him in both my redrafts. No issue with his production.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players I thought were better than they are:
Right with you on Sanders.

Thought Toney had a shot. He was my sleeper pick. Seemed to make sense, KC's offense, in need of a WR... bet Reid wishes he had Tyreek back.

Didn't take too many chances this year.
Did get backed into a corner with James Conner (BATG). You guys know how I feel about him. He didn't disappoint. Got hurt, missed time. Hate him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's because of expectations. He was drafted highly, tail end of the 1st round certainly in the 2nd, with the expectation he'd be an elite fantasy RB. While Zeke was there, he clearly looked to be the better RB and was putting up RB2 value (sometimes low end RB1) so people expected that with him no longer having to share the backfield, his production would increase. It didn't (or hasn't yet) hit those expectations. For much of the year, he was completely allergic to TDs, so even if he got decent combined yardage, he wasn't giving you many fantasy points, definitely not 1st round RB1 numbers. Been a bit better the last couple of games and Dallas' schedule is easier down the stretch show he should see a boost, but its pretty easy to see how many are down on him the way its played out so far.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerruh wouldn't mind looking smart for picking him up.

Dak's INT % before thumb surgery: 1.7%
After: 3.6%
Of course since I posted that he's been under 1%.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commanders fired Del Rio..well I ain't saying that he doesn't deserve to lose the gig, they weren't good to start with, but what exactly did anyone expect after trading away Sweat and Young?
Rivera had to do something dramatic to keep his own head off the block and give Harris a reason to keep him.

Snowball's chance in hell, but better than no chance, I guess.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivera had to do something dramatic to keep his own head off the block and give Harris a reason to keep him.

Snowball's chance in hell, but better than no chance, I guess.
True, but Del Rio has been a better than average DC for quite some time. I can't imagine his replacement helping Riverboat Ron save his job anymore than Del Rio would've.

I'll gladly take Riveria in Vegas

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but Del Rio has been a better than average DC for quite some time. I can't imagine his replacement helping Riverboat Ron save his job anymore than Del Rio would've.

I'll gladly take Riveria in Vegas
Rivera's calling the D rest of season. If they play better that will definitely help his stock, in DC or elsewhere.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivera's calling the D rest of season. If they play better that will definitely help his stock, in DC or elsewhere.
Yea..true..just seems like a lot, given all the other issues a HC in D.C. had to deal with at the moment. Dude is kinda in a no win, sad seeing as they finally got Snyder outta there, someone else is gonna get the chance to be the guy who builds a good team after he had to deal with the BS

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total meatball homer, but I'm hoping the Bears hire Harbaugh and he signs Frasier or Rivera to coach the D.

Maybe even bring in Robbie Gould and let him coach special teams. (Gould is a pretty sharp guy.)

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about Singeltary. Would love to see him coach too.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SmokingMonkey
Let me just add that if you listen to any of Matt Eberflus' press conferences, you'd think the Bears were undefeated. "All the positives" he took away from the game. Every practice is "another good practice."