• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His career pretty much outlasts Fantasy Football as a concept but Ill throw this question out to the masses:

At what point does Tom Brady become risky?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may seem contradictory to the Cousins discussion, but when NE starts running more, especially given that McDaniels has always been an agressive play-caller.
Kind of like the way the offense seems to be changing for Brees.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may seem contradictory to the Cousins discussion, but when NE starts running more, especially given that McDaniels has always been an agressive play-caller.
If thats the case then SteelersPride might be right with the 'when he retires' statement.

For me, when they drafted Isaiah Wynn and Sony Michel in rd1 it signal that they are thinking 'pass protection' as their top priority. Sony Michel has the same straight line burst as a franchise RB like Saquon Barkley but he is more of a tool in a swiss army knife that is the Patriots and not a 'do-everything' player that would break the Pats mold. Michel is experienced at blitz pickup and running in the hole really quickly especially on passing downs. Maybe he eats up some fantasy points when Edelman is out but thats probably it.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If thats the case then SteelersPride might be right with the 'when he retires' statement.

For me, when they drafted Isaiah Wynn and Sony Michel in rd1 it signal that they are thinking 'pass protection' as their top priority. Sony Michel has the same straight line burst as a franchise RB like Saquon Barkley but he is more of a tool in a swiss army knife that is the Patriots and not a 'do-everything' player that would break the Pats mold. Michel is experienced at blitz pickup and running in the hole really quickly especially on passing downs. Maybe he eats up some fantasy points when Edelman is out but thats probably it.
If you look at their play-calling over time, the Pats have always run the ball more than you'd think. (Even after Corey Dillon.) It's just that they divvy up the carries among a slew of backs, it doesn't get noticed much.
Long story short, the Pats have always been a balanced offense. Doesn't hurt having Brady as their QB too.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His career pretty much outlasts Fantasy Football as a concept but Ill throw this question out to the masses:

He's risky, but what else are they going to do on offense? He's gonna chuck it all over the place and maybe score a bunch.

But he'll probably fade down the stretch and leave you with a 10 point game in week 15, and you'll lose to the mother fucker that got 27 from Bortles.:gaah:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at their play-calling over time, the Pats have always run the ball more than you'd think. (Even after Corey Dillon.) It's just that they divvy up the carries among a slew of backs, it doesn't get noticed much.
Long story short, the Pats have always been a balanced offense. Doesn't hurt having Brady as their QB too.
The Patriots are truly awesome.

If it was almost any other team with a 41yr old QB, new LT, new RB, #1 WR lost to the Rams, #2 WR on suspension and they'd be QB20-QB26.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees arm is shot. Can't throw touchdowns in the redzone anymore.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When his arm falls off
When Belichick leaves

Whichever comes first

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contradictory because its pretty much true, eh? If it be true for the great Drew Bree's, if it be hypothetically true for the GOAT, Tom Brady, than obviously it will be true for the better than average Kirk Cousins

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contradictory because its pretty much true, eh? If it be true for the great Drew Bree's, if it be hypothetically true for the GOAT, Tom Brady, than obviously it will be true for the better than average Kirk Cousins
No. The point is a better QB gives you better options. You & Milk (Can't believe you 2 agree on sometthing btw.) are making it seem like Cousins is Josh McCown who had a decent year in D.C. by accident, and now Minny is gonna stick to some restrictive, conservative gameplan which will turn Cousins into Brad Johnson.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you hear?

Kirk-haters opinions don't count.

That is no way to conduct proper fantasy football analysis.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never, as long as BB (Aka: The Genius) is there. ;)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna get into the soap opera stuff, but I really can't disagree more strongly with those who think Cousins will be a bust.

Seriously, the way he's set up with the Vikes for this season, it looks more like he will be busting out.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you hear?

Kirk-haters opinions don't count.

That is no way to conduct proper fantasy football analysis.
They are entitled to their opinion.
I do see their side and how it could be a point worth noting.

But I also think they (the Cousins haters) are missing the fact that the Vikings ran the ball 2nd-most in the league last year (501 attempts behind only JAX w/ 527).
Unless your coach is Rex Ryan (or your QB is Blake Bortles), I don't see a modern-day NFL team leaning on the run that much consistently. Especially a team with a good QB like Cousins.

But they can pass on Cousins. Won't hurt my feelings any.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I also think they (the Cousins haters) are missing the fact that the Vikings ran the ball 2nd-most in the league last year (501 attempts behind only JAX w/ 527).
Unless your coach is Rex Ryan (or your QB is Blake Bortles), I don't see a modern-day NFL team leaning on the run that much. Especially a team with a good QB like Cousins.
They are going to score more this year. Cousins stabilizes the whole offensive operation there. They don't have to pussyfoot around anymore.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless your coach is Rex Ryan (or your QB is Blake Bortles), I don't see a modern-day NFL team leaning on the run that much consistently. Especially a team with a good QB like Cousins.

But they can pass on Cousins. Won't hurt my feelings any.
It worked..all the way to one step away from the Superbowl.. Makes all the sense in the world they'll do it again. Cousins is merely there to make the 3-5 plays a game that Keenum couldn't, not to be Peyton Manning and turn it upside down

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how you guys keep put ng that in my mouth. What part of admitting Cousins will throw up decent numbers, and be a fine matchup play is yaring on him?? I've never once said he's terrible, I don't hate him, I just understand what he is. A better than average QB who gets his numbers based mostly on volume. Its a very very good bet his volume goes down based on the game plan and complete overall structure of his new team. His volume goes down, his numbers go down, simple as that. And that's just understanding football, not hating on anyone

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck I could even see him putting up nearly identical numbers, possibly not down at all, maybe even just a tick up as the surrounding team is better...but with Luck and Rodgers and Watson returning, Brady, Wentz, RW, Cam, he's STILL in the pack that's best suited for matchup play along with Rivers, Ben, Stafford, Ryan, etc..and that's not terrible, not dogging on the guy, not haring him, not saying he sucks. Christ he's got some pretty f'n good company in that group, it just is what it is

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck I could even see him putting up nearly identical numbers, possibly not down at all, maybe even just a tick up as the surrounding team is better...but with Luck and Rodgers and Watson returning, Brady, Wentz, RW, Cam, he's STILL in the pack that's best suited for matchup play along with Rivers, Ben, Stafford, Ryan, etc..and that's not terrible, not dogging on the guy, not haring him, not saying he sucks. Christ he's got some pretty f'n good company in that group, it just is what it is
cant argue that