• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams will hold #1 overall pick with a Redskins loss

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm loving that the Rams probably go oline with the Long injury. Keeps Bustford at QB.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what team would be desperate enough to trade up for the Rams potential #1 overall selection?

OT could make sense for them... but maybe a trade down is realistic?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams cannot trade that contract of Bradford's. They may be stuck with him through 2015 and have to draft elsewhere this year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are stuck with him for at least 1-2 years. There is no franchise QB in this draft so they would go Clowney or Mathews.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are stuck with him for at least 1-2 years. There is no franchise QB in this draft so they would go Clowney or Mathews.
You guys are really low on Bridgewater. Also, Mariota still could declare.

I was looking at SOS backwards. If the Redskins win, the Rams get the #5 pick.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not a big Bridgewater fan. I think he can be ok but not a #1 overall franchise QB. Rams need Oline and Wash needs Oline and also Houston needs Oline. I don't see Clowney being the #1 pick. I do agree Rams and Houston need a QB.

If Im the GM I always go with the top talent. Clowney can be special. I also think Mathews will be a very good OT in the NFL. Problem with Oline a lot of Bust ratio.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not a big Bridgewater fan. I think he can be ok but not a #1 overall franchise QB. Rams need Oline and Wash needs Oline and also Houston needs Oline. I don't see Clowney being the #1 pick. I do agree Rams and Houston need a QB.

If Im the GM I always go with the top talent. Clowney can be special. I also think Mathews will be a very good OT in the NFL. Problem with Oline a lot of Bust ratio.
1. Fans always underrate QB prospects unless they are exceptionally obvious.
2. Olinemen are generally pretty safe as 1st round picks.
3. I generally agree with going with the top talent over need but Clowney would be a really odd fit on the Rams

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they DID pass on a QB for Mario Williams, too.

That said, I don't see them passing on a QB. They already have an established defense with Watt and Smith on the DL, and Clowney is tailor made for the 4-3, not the 3-4.

I just don't see them going in any direction other than QB, unless they trade down.

I'm hoping we trade down and find some fool willing to Ricky Williams their whole draft away.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. I generally agree with going with the top talent over need but Clowney would be a really odd fit on the Rams

The last couple of years Oline hasn't been that safe.

I agree he isn't a great fit with the Rams. So they should go with Mathews then. They can't cut Bradford yet and you can't have 2 top dollar QBs when you have too many other needs. Best bet trade the pick and get a shit load back.

I would love to trade and get Clowney. 1st this year, 2nd this year and 3rd and next years 1st. Maybe throw in a 5th. Think about it we would still have a 2nd and 3rd. So we weren't lose much except next years 1st.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and Rams get a lot back in that trade.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If I am the Rams and I get the #1 overall pick, I trade down. Get as much as I can. Stock pile those picks. You will still have 2 1st in this draft if you do that, and i am not a big fan of any QB in this draft. Trade down and grab an o-line or two. Then next year, if its a good trade, you will have two 1st again to help get a QB if there is one you like.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am the Rams and I get the #1 overall pick, I trade down. Get as much as I can. Stock pile those picks. You will still have 2 1st in this draft if you do that, and i am not a big fan of any QB in this draft. Trade down and grab an o-line or two. Then next year, if its a good trade, you will have two 1st again to help get a QB if there is one you like.

I agree that is what I been saying. I would want the 49ers to trade up and get Clowney. We can offer a big package with out throwing away our whole class. We can offer a 1st,2nd and 3rd and 5th and still have picks in those rds. Also we would also give our 1st next year. That is the only pick that hurts us.

Rams get 1st,2nd,3rd,5th this year and 1st next year. Maybe we also throw in a 6th for next year.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree that is what I been saying. I would want the 49ers to trade up and get Clowney. We can offer a big package with out throwing away our whole class. We can offer a 1st,2nd and 3rd and 5th and still have picks in those rds. Also we would also give our 1st next year. That is the only pick that hurts us.

Rams get 1st,2nd,3rd,5th this year and 1st next year. Maybe we also throw in a 6th for next year.

No way would I trade away that many picks to a team in the same division.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt the Rams would do that trade. They are the 4th best team in a 4 team division with obvious holes on their squad and they would be trading down from 1st to near the bottom of the 1st. The other picks are nice, but trading for the #1 pick in the entire draft would be incredibly more expensive. Just look at what the Washington Redskins gave up for RGIII and they moved up just 4 spots and gave up 3 1st rounds picks plus change.

Plus the whole inter division thing. The Rams would want our entire 2014 draft just to pick up the phone. The last thing they ever want to see is us getting Clowney or another Crabtree they have to face for the next decade. Even if we did it, Fisher and Snead wouldn't be around long enough to reap the rewards of all those picks.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the Rams would do that trade. They are the 4th best team in a 4 team division with obvious holes on their squad and they would be trading down from 1st to near the bottom of the 1st. The other picks are nice, but trading for the #1 pick in the entire draft would be incredibly more expensive. Just look at what the Washington Redskins gave up for RGIII and they moved up just 4 spots and gave up 3 1st rounds picks plus change.

Plus the whole inter division thing. The Rams would want our entire 2014 draft just to pick up the phone. The last thing they ever want to see is us getting Clowney or another Crabtree they have to face for the next decade. Even if we did it, Fisher and Snead wouldn't be around long enough to reap the rewards of all those picks.

They would still have 2 picks in the 1st rd and like you said they have a lot of holes and getting that many picks would help them. Maybe throw in a 3rd next year. Niners don't need all these picks. Again most of these picks won't make the team anyway and we would still have a 2nd, 3rd and a5th this year. I rather try and land a top player. Will this happen probably no. I just hope 49ers move up in the draft again and grab a player they want and need.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They would still have 2 picks in the 1st rd and like you said they have a lot of holes and getting that many picks would help them. Maybe throw in a 3rd next year. Niners don't need all these picks. Again most of these picks won't make the team anyway and we would still have a 2nd, 3rd and a5th this year. I rather try and land a top player. Will this happen probably no. I just hope 49ers move up in the draft again and grab a player they want and need.

from the 49ers perspective, no argument to trade up for quality. but for Clowney specifically, does he project as an OLB?

from the Rams perspective, I wouldn't make this trade. all the main reasons have already been cited.