• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams sign Wes Welker

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think that there would be some guy out there that was cut by some team or had some looks by teams that is like 6-4 or 6-5 and looking for work? Hell Jacoby Jones was available before Pittsburgh picked him up, why didn't we go after him, 6-4, returns KO and punts, would have been more useful than Welker?
Obviously we could use a guy that is at least 6-4, on third and 7 he could go out 6 yards like our plays call for, catch the ball and maybe fall forward for the first down!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have a fundamental disconnect on offense. The game has passed our offensive braintrust by and we continually choose the wrong thought-based strategy when it comes to the offense and using its personnel.

I agree with you Smed, but we already have two "6-4-type" guys (Britt and Quick are both 6-3) and we don't use them properly. If we don't utilize these two properly, what is an inch or two going to matter?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the over/under of him getting concussed? I'll say by week 13.

He's had a decent amount of time since his last, so it should come down to his style of play (which in the past has put him in danger). Accumulation of concussions does not necessarily increase your vulnerability to the next one, but a recent concussion can. If he has adjusted to not blindly run into big hits, he should be OK?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think that there would be some guy out there that was cut by some team or had some looks by teams that is like 6-4 or 6-5 and looking for work? Hell Jacoby Jones was available before Pittsburgh picked him up, why didn't we go after him, 6-4, returns KO and punts, would have been more useful than Welker?
Obviously we could use a guy that is at least 6-4, on third and 7 he could go out 6 yards like our plays call for, catch the ball and maybe fall forward for the first down!

Jones was playing so poorly that they cut him loose to find another kick returner. He wasn't even getting on the field as a WR; he was returns only for the Chargers (and they need WRs in the worst way). Welker is available due to injury, not poor play. They are taking a calculated risk though (or Welker is, anyway).

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are taking a calculated risk though (or Welker is, anyway).
Well as you correctly stated shops, it is the amount of time in between concussion which increases risk not the total number of concussion so he should be okay at this point in that regard.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have a fundamental disconnect on offense. The game has passed our offensive braintrust by and we continually choose the wrong thought-based strategy when it comes to the offense and using its personnel.

I agree with you Smed, but we already have two "6-4-type" guys (Britt and Quick are both 6-3) and we don't use them properly. If we don't utilize these two properly, what is an inch or two going to matter?

I've always been told that that extra inch , does matter?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones was playing so poorly that they cut him loose to find another kick returner. He wasn't even getting on the field as a WR; he was returns only for the Chargers (and they need WRs in the worst way). Welker is available due to injury, not poor play. They are taking a calculated risk though (or Welker is, anyway).

They also cut him loose before Allen and Floyd got hurt, plus Inman who isn't to bad was also ahead of him! I'd still take 6'4" over 5'4"

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I also would have given Reggie Wayne a look before Welker, even though he may be done?