• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams post game , still competing ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beachum might be as good as Moses but that doesn't mean anything. Beachum would play LT where we are home to a starting LT who has given up the leagues most sacks. Keep in mind the LT is the 2nd most important position on the field. Apparently RR doesn't know that.

What are you talking about being impatient? We were "patient" with Bruce Allen for 9 years. We were "patient" with Jay Gruden for 6 years. Did they not help get us into this mess? Should we have been more patient with Allen and Gruden? Stop saying we are not patient when its not true at all. 9 years was plenty of time with Allen. He should have been gone before.
We have taken shortcuts every
Which way we could since 1992. Forget everything for RGME ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we have 2 wins under our belt instead of one . None of those guys helps us beat the browns ,ravens or rams hell even the cards . All of those teams beat us by double digits .

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have taken shortcuts every
Which way we could since 1992. Forget everything for RGME ?

What exactly is a short cut? Allen only signed 1 free agent of note in the last 4 years (Landon Collins) and tried to draft his way out of the mess. We even brought in a draft guru in Scotty M. You keep saying "short cut" but never clarify what that means. Are you talking about Vinny Cerrato's approach?

Just so I am clear and understand what you are saying:

1. We have a lack of talent.
2. We need to allow RR to build his culture and be patient with his vision.
3. We rely on the draft to bring in talent and trust RR and Smith to do just that.
4. We give him at least 3 years to figure it out and improve.

Is this what "your plan" is or what you think the organization is trying to do?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have gone over this before. I am just not going to keep saying the same thing over and over. You and I differ there.

Our first question was do we have a QB .... looks like we need another one. What does Charles do for the line? Maybe that position is filled. Yes Logan Thomas was an inexpensive TE and mostly and unknown. Did you want to pay $10 million for Hooper or whatever other person? What do we have at WR, hard as shit to tell with Larry, Curley and Moe at QB and Harmon and Sims hurt.

I would have liked to see Matt Rhule or Bienemy as a HC. We didn't get that. I am not anti Kyle Smith.

This draft is at least two drafts away. I know you commented on how some of the FAs that were brought in have failed. You can say that for over 50% of the FAs that have been brought in under the Snyder regime.

What the team needed to do was keep Cousin's. This is year 4 and they are still not any closer to replacing him effectively. I would have kept Flowers too or tried to. I probably would have kept AP also. Those are the guys I would have paid. Allen also got paid and Scherff. Next year Payne has to get paid.

Collin's was one of those coveted FAs, it looks like a big waste of money right now. Cousin's replacement was failing and then hurt and signed for way more than he should have been. The team also lost a draft pick.

So I will say again and for the last time .... the four FAs we didn't sign this year did not upset me.
I understand and we can drop the FA approach and we can drop this past offseason with RR and Smith. I am fine. We can drop the last 5 years of FA and drafts and what not as well. We can drop the hypothetical 4 free agents I brought up? I am tired of posting statistics that back up my statements anyways. I am not going to argue with a brick wall and that is the reason this board runs off so many people. Sound good.

I am honestly trying to understand what you and Skinsdad's idea or thoughts on moving forward with the team. Both of you disagree with me and I fine with that. Instead of poking holes in my statements, what should we do then? All I keep hearing is being patient and use the draft. Am I understanding you correctly?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly is a short cut? Allen only signed 1 free agent of note in the last 4 years (Landon Collins) and tried to draft his way out of the mess. We even brought in a draft guru in Scotty M. You keep saying "short cut" but never clarify what that means. Are you talking about Vinny Cerrato's approach?

Just so I am clear and understand what you are saying:

1. We have a lack of talent.
2. We need to allow RR to build his culture and be patient with his vision.
3. We rely on the draft to bring in talent and trust RR and Smith to do just that.
4. We give him at least 3 years to figure it out and improve.

Is this what "your plan" is or what you think the organization is trying to do?
trading 6 picks for one guy is short cutting and he busted out

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about being impatient? We were "patient" with Bruce Allen for 9 years. We were "patient" with Jay Gruden for 6 years. Did they not help get us into this mess? Should we have been more patient with Allen and Gruden? Stop saying we are not patient when its not true at all. 9 years was plenty of time with Allen. He should have been gone before.
Have to agree with ya here. I’m no longer to wait 3 years for rebuilds. Tho tbf, Dads plan really has year 3 as the consistently good team. The way he lays it out I get it for the slow build. I just think there is a happy medium where you can contend in year 2 myself. There are a few examples of teams that have been able to do this.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve heard reports that our Rams coaches are interested in Haskins possible down the road
That’d be a great situation for him. Really a win/win. Great mentoring coach and could learn while watching Goff. I like it.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have gone over this before. I am just not going to keep saying the same thing over and over. You and I differ there.

Our first question was do we have a QB .... looks like we need another one. What does Charles do for the line? Maybe that position is filled. Yes Logan Thomas was an inexpensive TE and mostly and unknown. Did you want to pay $10 million for Hooper or whatever other person? What do we have at WR, hard as shit to tell with Larry, Curley and Moe at QB and Harmon and Sims hurt.

I would have liked to see Matt Rhule or Bienemy as a HC. We didn't get that. I am not anti Kyle Smith.

This draft is at least two drafts away. I know you commented on how some of the FAs that were brought in have failed. You can say that for over 50% of the FAs that have been brought in under the Snyder regime.

What the team needed to do was keep Cousin's. This is year 4 and they are still not any closer to replacing him effectively. I would have kept Flowers too or tried to. I probably would have kept AP also. Those are the guys I would have paid. Allen also got paid and Scherff. Next year Payne has to get paid.

Collin's was one of those coveted FAs, it looks like a big waste of money right now. Cousin's replacement was failing and then hurt and signed for way more than he should have been. The team also lost a draft pick.

So I will say again and for the last time .... the four FAs we didn't sign this year did not upset me.
Measured and reasonable response imo. I can see your point well. Thanks Sportster.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand and we can drop the FA approach and we can drop this past offseason with RR and Smith. I am fine. We can drop the last 5 years of FA and drafts and what not as well. We can drop the hypothetical 4 free agents I brought up? I am tired of posting statistics that back up my statements anyways. I am not going to argue with a brick wall and that is the reason this board runs off so many people. Sound good.

I am honestly trying to understand what you and Skinsdad's idea or thoughts on moving forward with the team. Both of you disagree with me and I fine with that. Instead of poking holes in my statements, what should we do then? All I keep hearing is being patient and use the draft. Am I understanding you correctly?
duke, my opinion is to let you have your opinion. Not sure why you feel the need to post the same opinion 975535793799299292. I got it, I understand what you are saying. I do not want to rehash the same point over and over.

My real opinion is you are looking for others to agree with you. In some ways I do, in some ways I don't and in others I don't care at the moment.

I am glad you came back to the board. There are more there is more to talk about than RR sucks, we need a GM and we should have hired these four FAs. No offense but I just bet you know other things about football then what I just detailed. :suds:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whelp...probably time to push forward and leave the past off season behind. We are at Game 6 now...

Whats done is done and it is what it is. Time to focus on what we’ve got with the roster on hand, imo

Cheers and HTTR!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao! Pretty lesson-giving Prank

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren’t getting a 2 year. Turnaround when you have to replace 23 players just to field avg