• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams pick 10th

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys are reaching..........I have two words for all of you.

Aaron Donald.

....and Zach Martin, and CJ Mosley. All 3 considered for the pick that became Donald, all 3 made the pro bowl.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my #10 picks go in order
J.Winston
A. Cooper
Shaq Thompson (which is who I think we should take because theres no was Winston and cooper make it to 10)
V. Beasley

Robinson sucks at tackle but would be a good guard imo Should have taken Sammy Watkins but I did get my Donald pick I wanted.

Still hate the we traded up and drafted a midget when we could have had
Cordarrelle Patterson, Ogeltree and Laveon Bell....this was my 1st and 2nd round picks that year... How is it this hard watch the film rams staff please stop going to the combine

Patterson isn't any better than Austin to this point, and that's with Schotty sandbagging Tavon. BTW, Tavon (and JJ) are Pro Bowl alternates this year. Rams could've had Bell or Lacy if they hadn't traded up, but there's no guarantee they would have picked either, as they didn't look RB until the end of the 5th.

Robinson sucks at tackle? I guess I'll just say agree to disagree there.

As far as #10, I wouldn't go QB unless Mariota or Winston falls, wouldn't go WR unless Cooper falls, which leaves OL or LB. Likely means picking from Shaq, Beasley, McKinney, Peat, or Ogbeuhi.

Last edited by a moderator:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be shocked if Winston fell past the Jets.

I don't know.

He's very similar to Geno Smith and that hasn't worked out so they may be scared away from taking a similar QB and getting burned twice.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw

I think 10th is a great spot if you are looking to trade down.

Because every draft has a top talent or 2 fall for one reason or another and other teams will look to trade up for a top 10 talent ( especially if it's a position/player they think the Rams or some other team ahead of them may take ).

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda funny if we wanted to jump in front of the Jets to grab JW we would have to deal with the Skins LOL. Well at least Fisher didn't rub the RG3 trade in their face... Oh wait

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and Zach Martin, and CJ Mosley. All 3 considered for the pick that became Donald, all 3 made the pro bowl.

wouldn't that mean also we are doing something right if those teams they were drafted by are in the playoffs?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our first TWO picks will be Offensive Linemen. Book it. There are 4 guys (maybe 5) that are legit NFL O line prospects (plus all of them have played multiple positions on the line which Fish likes). Either Brandon Scherff,Andrus Peat,Cedric Ogebuehi,La'El Collins or Derrick Stanley (if he comes out) will be the Rams first pick. I can see them dropping a few spots and maybe picking up an extra 3rd or 4th. No further than 13 though IMO.

As for the 2nd round pick, there are 4 or 5 interior type linemen that will be available at pick #10. Either Reese Dismukes, Cameron Erving, Josue Matias, Tre Jackson or Arie Koundjio will be available for us at #10 in round 2.

The Rams SHOULD NOT take a QB before round 3. I think we are all smart enough to know that Bradford will be here in 2015 and taking someone like Mariota or Winston in round 1 only makes for a circus like atmosphere like in Cleveland this year. We do not need that.

Lastly, here is the biggest reason why the Rams MUST choose linemen with the first 2 picks. Jake Long,Scott Wells, Joe Barksdale, Davin Joseph, Mike Person, Tim Barnes and Brandon Washington. What is that you ask? That is the list of current Ram O linemen that are either free agents or will be cap casualties. That would leave us with FOUR linemen under contract, Saffold,Robinson,Jones and Van Dyk. So not only do need to make drafting STUD linemen a priority, we must probably throw some money at guys like Mike Iupati, Stefen Wisnewski and maybe Andy LeVitre if he is cut be Buffalo. Drafting Winston or Mariota will set them up for suicide if we do not fix the line.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO.. some of us still are going into 2015 depending on Bradford? Hey why don't we bring back Hill too while we're at it. :L

After all the shit Johnny Football has done off the field AND the horrible display of football he put up in the NFL, it wouldn't surprise me to see Jameis fall on day 1. Will he fall as much as Manziel did? I doubt it, because he's a better QB on the field. But the off the field, it's a guessing game.

Jameis sure came out recently and said he wasn't afraid of Richard Sherman. lol

Who knows what this FO will do. The Donald pick is looking pretty awesome, but it's pretty obvious we need a QB and a leader on this offense. I don't know why you would wait until round 3 or 4 to HOPE one of those QB's works out? We need to patch holes on the O-line through FA and the draft, Tre Jackson we can get in the 3rd.

Hell I'm for drafting 2 QBs - 1 early and then get Cato later, letting Samantha go and moving on.

Anyone else hearing rumors that the Rams are looking at DGB in the 2nd round?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.

He's very similar to Geno Smith and that hasn't worked out so they may be scared away from taking a similar QB and getting burned twice.

I don't see the similarities, but the direction the Jets go will depend heavily on who they bring in for coach/GM.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our first TWO picks will be Offensive Linemen. Book it. There are 4 guys (maybe 5) that are legit NFL O line prospects (plus all of them have played multiple positions on the line which Fish likes). Either Brandon Scherff,Andrus Peat,Cedric Ogebuehi,La'El Collins or Derrick Stanley (if he comes out) will be the Rams first pick. I can see them dropping a few spots and maybe picking up an extra 3rd or 4th. No further than 13 though IMO.

As for the 2nd round pick, there are 4 or 5 interior type linemen that will be available at pick #10. Either Reese Dismukes, Cameron Erving, Josue Matias, Tre Jackson or Arie Koundjio will be available for us at #10 in round 2.

The Rams SHOULD NOT take a QB before round 3. I think we are all smart enough to know that Bradford will be here in 2015 and taking someone like Mariota or Winston in round 1 only makes for a circus like atmosphere like in Cleveland this year. We do not need that.

Lastly, here is the biggest reason why the Rams MUST choose linemen with the first 2 picks. Jake Long,Scott Wells, Joe Barksdale, Davin Joseph, Mike Person, Tim Barnes and Brandon Washington. What is that you ask? That is the list of current Ram O linemen that are either free agents or will be cap casualties. That would leave us with FOUR linemen under contract, Saffold,Robinson,Jones and Van Dyk. So not only do need to make drafting STUD linemen a priority, we must probably throw some money at guys like Mike Iupati, Stefen Wisnewski and maybe Andy LeVitre if he is cut be Buffalo. Drafting Winston or Mariota will set them up for suicide if we do not fix the line.

Levitre is a Titan, signed away from Buffalo in 2013. The Bills signed our "buddy" Chris Williams to replace him, which has really hurt their OL this year.

Rams don't have the ammo to move up with their limited draft picks, but if Mariota or Winston falls to them, I can't imagine them passing on them. As much as everyone wants to add top talent to the OL, we're talking about OG, C, and RT, positions that are not typically filled with day 1 picks. If the Rams can add a talented OG in free agency, they other spots could be filled by a returning Barksdale and hopefully Jones (we've been waiting.....). Washington is an exclusive rights FA and Barnes is an RFA, so they will likely return if the Rams still want them. Most of us want Long, Wells, and Joseph gone, so no harm there. That just leaves Person, who is a depth guy at best anyway.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO.. some of us still are going into 2015 depending on Bradford? Hey why don't we bring back Hill too while we're at it. :L

After all the shit Johnny Football has done off the field AND the horrible display of football he put up in the NFL, it wouldn't surprise me to see Jameis fall on day 1. Will he fall as much as Manziel did? I doubt it, because he's a better QB on the field. But the off the field, it's a guessing game.

Who knows what this FO will do. The Donald pick is looking pretty awesome, but it's pretty obvious we need a QB and a leader on this offense. I don't know why you would wait until round 3 or 4 to HOPE one of those QB's works out? We need to patch holes on the O-line through FA and the draft, Tre Jackson we can get in the 3rd.

Hell I'm for drafting 2 QBs - 1 early and then get Cato later, letting Samantha go and moving on.

You're right that JW is a better player than Manzie. The problem I have is we have sooooo many boneheads on this team already. We don't need another. JW will never be a leader. I could be wrong but we'll find out very soon.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Rams need to add more picks if they're going to draft 2 QBs or consider a WR early IMO. Too many other holes, unless they are aggressive in free agency, which hasn't been something they excel at.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levitre is a Titan, signed away from Buffalo in 2013.

True story Shop... my mistake. I know that coaches in Tenn were not happy with him and may cut him. Could be had fairly inexpensively

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ, not necessarily counting on Bradford but it is pretty clear that Snisher want him under center in 2015. Unfortunately, until I will the GD Powerball it is not my call to make. I have said from the jump that our first 3 picks need to be O line, O line and QB in some order or fashion. My only worry is if we draft Winston, we end up with the same BS side show that they had in Cleveland all season and it ends up screwing up team chemistry. If the decide to draft Winston, they MUST imo let Sam walk and maybe go after a young vet like Christian Ponder to back him up and also draft a late round QB like Grayson,Cato, Bo Wallace etc. If they are intent on keeping Bradford, do NOT take a QB before round 3. That is going to be the $10 million dollar question leading up to the draft.
That said, I would not be opposed to Winston if he falls to us. Then you draft Dismukes in round 2 and Arie Koundjio in round 3 along with throwing money at all the free agent linemen you can and see if a couple will come here.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried another mock draft with multiple trade-downs to add picks (10 to 13 adding a second, 13 to 16 adding a second, etc):

Round 1 Pick 16 (HOU): La'el Collins, OG/OT, LSU - powerful run blocker, light on his feet, quick off the snap, likely projects inside for the NFL, should start immediately at LG

Round 2 Pick 10: Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma - elite athlete with off-the-field issues, but his talent level was too good to pass up, easily the Rams #1 receiver

Round 2 Pick 13 (N.O.): Cameron Erving, C/OT, Florida State - converted DT with solid experience at both C and LT for Florida State, provides depth all across the line (if not starting at RT or C)

Round 3 Pick 1 (T.B.): Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor - size, mobility, strong NFL arm, and a leader; starting QB to groom for the future

Round 3 Pick 10: Eric Kendricks, ILB, UCLA - aggressive and surprisingly powerful (for his size) tackling machine, all over the field; would replace Dunbar with MLB potential behind Laurinaitis

Round 4 Pick 2 (TENN): Paul Dawson, OLB, TCU - another tackling machine in the Chris Borland mold, depth at MLB and OLB

Round 4 Pick 21 (CAR): Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise State - quick, all-purpose back with good size, replaces what Pead could've been

Round 5 Pick 26 (ARI): Steven Nelson, CB, Oregon State - strong build to jam receivers, fluid athleticism to turn and run with receivers, wrap-up tackler, ultra confident, very good INT and tackle numbers

Round 6 Pick 27 (CINN): Jake Smith, C, Louisville - fundamentally solid at C and OG, solid depth for the line

Round 7 Pick 27 (CINN): Sam Arneson, TE, Wisconsin - solid blocker and emerged as a receiver this year, could potentially replace Kendricks if he leaves

Round 7 Pick 30: Tra'Mayne Bondurant, FS, Arizona - FS / nickel CB / dime LB "spur" for Arizona, could see him excelling under Coach Williams as a specialty defender

I did pass on some "elite" talent early to keep trading down, but feel it was well worth it. Passed on Cooper to trade down, but getting DGB makes that a solid decision IMO. Also passed on Yeldon and Gurley, but do feel that the Rams won't move on from Mason yet and Ajayi can provide that shifty runner and receiving threat out of the backfield to better round out the position.

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right that JW is a better player than Manzie. The problem I have is we
have sooooo many boneheads on this team already. We don't need another. JW will
never be a leader. I could be wrong but we'll find out very soon.

Agreed. Which is why we need to let go of Janoris and Jared Cook.

The Rams need to add more picks if they're going to draft 2 QBs or consider a
WR early IMO. Too many other holes, unless they are aggressive in free agency,
which hasn't been something they excel at.

Yeah I get that... So bring Bradford back, keep Davis, and add 1 from the draft. Or let Bradford go, sign Locker, keep Davis, and add 1 from the draft..? :nod:

I like Locker's mobility and he's an athlete. He's had injuries too but not knee problems yet I think.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ, not necessarily counting on Bradford but it is pretty clear that Snisher
want him under center in 2015. Unfortunately, until I will the GD Powerball it
is not my call to make. I have said from the jump that our first 3 picks need to
be O line, O line and QB in some order or fashion. My only worry is if we draft
Winston, we end up with the same BS side show that they had in Cleveland all
season and it ends up screwing up team chemistry. If the decide to draft
Winston, they MUST imo let Sam walk and maybe go after a young vet like
Christian Ponder to back him up and also draft a late round QB like
Grayson,Cato, Bo Wallace etc.

Don't want Ponder or Wallace. If they keep Sam, they go after Oline for sure because he's going to need all the help he can get. The FO has been drankin the kool-aid for years on offense so it wouldn't surprise me.

The FO is building a helluva defense. Why they can't see the light on offense is beyond my comprehension.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want to know what upsets me about this talk? We're discussing that there is a VERY good chance we'll draft an OLineman again.
This off season is driving me CRAZY and it hardly even started! Let me copy a rant I made somewhere else.

"Good job fortifying the line Robison. Oh wait... We need to spend ANOTHER first round pick this year???
Good thing we didn't spend the second overall pick on a player like Mack, I'd hate it if our linebacking core was set. Because OLB is a need again this season. Damn Robison is probably the worse performing offensive lineman from the first round last year! When will the management figure out we're not good enough to draft projects no matter how high the upside. They'll never reach their potential on a team like ours is, we're not the Pats or the Packers or even the Steelers. We've been one of the bottom 3 teams over the past decade. We take chances on projects without a growing environment. The front office needs to make a lot of changes with how the handle this off-season."

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want to know what upsets me about this talk? We're discussing that there is a VERY good chance we'll draft an OLineman again.
This off season is driving me CRAZY and it hardly even started! Let me copy a rant I made somewhere else.

"Good job fortifying the line Robison. Oh wait... We need to spend ANOTHER first round pick this year???
Good thing we didn't spend the second overall pick on a player like Mack, I'd hate it if our linebacking core was set. Because OLB is a need again this season. Damn Robison is probably the worse performing offensive lineman from the first round last year! When will the management figure out we're not good enough to draft projects no matter how high the upside. They'll never reach their potential on a team like ours is, we're not the Pats or the Packers or even the Steelers. We've been one of the bottom 3 teams over the past decade. We take chances on projects without a growing environment. The front office needs to make a lot of changes with how the handle this off-season."
Mack is going to have the better career but the Rams oline would've been a trainwreck without Robinson. The Rams need at OLB isnt anywhere close to the need that the Rams would've had without Robinson at LT. Also, lets not forget that Ogletree was a first round pick drafted recently.