• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams game notes from Ray Dogg

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see it as his low point per se, but I know it has to be hard to be losing your job when you feel you are doing well, with someone who knows the position and has been telling him he was playing well, and you feel that something out of your control started the whole thing (despite other factors contributing). The fact is, Kaep is better than Smith, but Smith was playing well enough that absent this concussion, Smith would have the job, flaws and all. We're winners here because Kaep has panned out so far, but this has to feel lower than being cast out by someone who doesn't know the quarterback position (Singletary), who made you feel the change was coming, when you were feeling that your play justified the move a bit (but what does Singletary know? type feeling).

Regardless of what anyone here thinks about YAC or short passes or safe throws or taking too many sacks or lacking the it factor or whatnot, the belief that he was playing well is his perspective, and when judging how he feels right now, you have to look at his perspective, not anyone else's. Some will say he's delusional to think that he is good enough or was playing well enough to win, but that doesn't change how he feels in respect to being demoted and his play.

So I can see how this possibly could be more disappointing than his other benchings. Add in the fact that we could have won the Superbowl with our defense, our running team, minimizing turnovers, it has to sting. A few bad plays by the other team could let us win, even with Smith.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobbs involved in incident earlier won't make trip to St Louis. Wonder what it was?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers.com | Harbaugh Confident in 49ers Youth

Harbaugh made the most of the day by having his team hold its first turf-field practice of the season.

Not many rainy days in the Bay Area during football season, but Harbaugh was pleased to have a chance to practice in it.

“Always like to use those opportunities” he said.

----------------

Also, safety Darcel McBath (concussion) is questionable to play.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Coach's Notebook: Nov. 30

Who’s your new emergency quarterback?
“[WR] Ted Ginn [Jr.].”

Cool.

Who’s the emergency kicker?
“[P] Andy Lee or [NT] Isaac Sopoaga.”

Ha! I think Sopoaga used to play rugby and soccer.

I’m not asking you who an emergency guy is, but who’s your second kickoff returner and punt returner? Right now RB LaMichael James is listed as both. Is that accurate?
“I think we’ve gone about as far into the depth chart and the plan as we’re going to go there. You get a gold star though on your forehead for getting that information from me. You and [Sacramento Bee beat writer] Matt [Barrows].”

Ha. Love it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach's Notebook: Nov. 30

Who’s your new emergency quarterback?
“[WR] Ted Ginn [Jr.].”

Cool.

Who’s the emergency kicker?
“[P] Andy Lee or [NT] Isaac Sopoaga.”

Ha! I think Sopoaga used to play rugby and soccer.

I’m not asking you who an emergency guy is, but who’s your second kickoff returner and punt returner? Right now RB LaMichael James is listed as both. Is that accurate?
“I think we’ve gone about as far into the depth chart and the plan as we’re going to go there. You get a gold star though on your forehead for getting that information from me. You and [Sacramento Bee beat writer] Matt [Barrows].”

Ha. Love it.

I love the gold star comment.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's Culliver you should be worried about. Teams are trying to put him in position to single him out in a matchup that they want.

Last week Cully gave up a catch for 6 yards and had 10 yards in penalties. I'm so concerned about teams getting a matchup on a guy who gave up 16 yards to the Saints.

Bingo is Cully's troll.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant wait for this game! I will be there!

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man are we the under dogs in this game? It seems like the majority of picks that I have seen are picking the Rams to win it

No way are they winning this :hdn:

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I was thinking about it. I'm less sure we see Jenkins and/or James activated than I was a few days ago. It seems like the last few guys have to play special teams, and those two really only serve as backup (3rd string?) returners. I hope they play, I'm just not sure.

It sounded like Wilhoite was going to take one of the open spots, so there could be two more remaining this week as Dobbs didn't travel. Is McBath still concussed? Again, I'm not sure missing key ST guys gets Jenkins/James activated. Who knows. Maybe this will be their week after all.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Francisco 49ers vs. St. Louis Rams - Recap - December 02, 2012 - ESPN

Take away a 50-yard scramble late in the fourth quarter and the Rams were able to contain Kaepernick. He was 0-for-3 passing outside the pocket and 1-of-5 passing for 6 yards when under duress. Entering the game, Kaepernick was 9-of-17 passing under duress and if he were qualified his completion percentage of 52.9 would lead the league in that category. Kaepernick had also been good outside the pocket before Sunday (11-18, 3 TD).