• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams D

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love a good Defense, I've been expecting to see the Rams field a number 1 D for a few years now but they have fallen a little short of what I hoped for but this season I think is the one. From what I can tell the Rams have really focused on the weak parts of last seasons defense and they may have finally gotten it right.:thumb:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love a good Defense, I've been expecting to see the Rams field a number 1 D for a few years now but they have fallen a little short of what I hoped for but this season I think is the one. From what I can tell the Rams have really focused on the weak parts of last seasons defense and they may have finally gotten it right.:thumb:

They are learning for sure. Suh is a good DT but not a great 3-4 NT. For that you need the 315-330 lb beast to take up a few Olineman. Love the Clay signing and Weddle. The DB from Michigan was a stud in college. Rapp should be a solid DB playing all over when he finally gets comfortable. If they can find a stud at ILB it’s going to be pretty fun to watch this defense.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, SJ76. The Rams got their young run stuffed, occupier of O-lineman in Gaines and they already have some other rather large dudes who have been here. I was hoping they were going to sign Shelton away from New England but that didn't materialize. I suspect that Kiser may surprise folks this season and we may see more of him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillips recently reported that S. Joseph-Day is turning heads in the early OTAs and going into training camp. But if the gray-haired DC would take a quick look, GB let go a pro bowl DT in Mike Daniels. Don't know if we can afford him but it would behoove the Rams to bring this guy into training camp since his buddy Matthews is here and he would be an upgrade to our D line. You can never have enough great talent.

Packers shockingly release top defensive veteran on training camp eve, save millions in cap space

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too late to think about pairing Daniels with Donald. Daniels signed with Detroit.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. Robert Nkemdiche had three underwhelming seasons with the Cardinals, got himself arrested, and basically is a bust. He ain't worth signing. The guy we should have brought in was Daniels. Too late. WE got way better guys than Nkemdiche.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t want to get too giddy.. but I can’t wait to see this D with Donald, Matthews/Fowler and the secondary

Should be fun.

Stay healthy my friends!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I agree SJ76. We have a host of new talent on D. The LB corp has suddenly been infused with some serious talent. Guys like Kiser (now hurt), Okoronkwo, the undrafted sensation, Natrez Patrick, Howard along with Hager who is stepping-up, we now have a pretty stout LB crew.

In the secondary, we have beaucoup talent. Long, Rapp, Steven Parker, D. Deayon, Kevin Peterson back from a year on the IR along with all the guys we presently have and this D is suddenly L-O-A-D-E-D. So much so, that McVay is thinking of keeping 6 corners.

Man I can not wait to see how these guys are going to come together and make it entirely unfair to play against us!!

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiser is out indefinitely. Goes into surgery today. Injuries are never good news but Hager, Howard, and Patrick will move into this vacated opportunity. Hager and Kiser were getting starters reps but now that Howard and Patrick are playing so well, both may take the ILB spot away from Hager.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay has confirmed the injury to Kiser is significant and he may miss most of the season depending on his healing profile.

Presently here is how the LB depth chart stacks-up:

Will LB- Dante Fowler, Samson Ebukam, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Josh Carraway
ILB- Cory Littleton, Travis Howard, Dakota Allen, Ketner Kupp
ILB- Micah Kiser*, Bryce Hager, Troy Reeder
OLB- Clay Matthews, Justin Lawler*, Trevon Young, Landis Durham

*-out with injuries

Kiser and Lawler are out due to surgery-requiring injuries. Reeder is going to be cut because of that bone-headed personal foul against the Caboys that got him ejected. Durham is playing decently and so is Kupp but both probably won't survive cut day.

Assuredly in: Fowler, Ebukam, Littleton, Matthews, and maybe Hager and Okoronkwo.

Potentials to stay or go: Okoronkwo, Carraway, Howard, Allen, and Young.

So we really are doing O.K. even with our injuries.