• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams cut Dunbar

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams knew something last week then the best move was to release him at the 53 man roster cut stage and let him find a new team. Now Dunbar is in a difficult position because most teams will have made their moves. I thought we might have planned something similar with Jason Smith last year before we signed him to a guaranteed contract. This looks like a money move. Perhaps they asked him to take a cut and he refused. Dunbar wasn't great but he didn't stiff the Rams for money last year. This doesn't put the Rams in a good light. I hope an explanation is forthcoming.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he did something to force the Rams hand to cut him loose, why do him any favors by cutting him in the 53 stage?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't help a team in the long run when they play hardball without a good reason. People will remember how the Chargers dealt with Vincent Jackson for a long time. The Cowboys took a very different approach to Terrell Owens. Hypothetically, if I were a player and I received a similar offer from both teams i'd pick the Cowboys. I won't be upset if the Chargers struggle for a few years.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams as of yesterday am were still above the cap and I believe cutting Jo Lonn was because of a few reasons:

1) he's not as good this year
2) he's out 4 weeks at least
3) we have new, young LB's that have a big upside.
4) we are trying to get under the cap

easy decision

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, because he is suspended for the first 4 games, he essentially can sign anywhere he wants as he will not count against that teams 53 until he is off suspension...

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, because he is suspended for the first 4 games, he essentially can sign anywhere he wants as he will not count against that teams 53 until he is off suspension...

thats bull, the league should change that, like you cant start your suspension unless your on a roster for all four games.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are all correct. The Rams wouldn't have had Dunbar's salary count against the cap until Week 5. The Rams would then have been on the hook for 12/16 of Dunbar's $1.3M+. Part of the problem is the salary of the OL. Most Rams fans thought either Williams or Dahl would be gone at this stage.

Dunbar may have future with Rams : Sports

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are all correct. The Rams wouldn't have had Dunbar's salary count against the cap until Week 5. The Rams would then have been on the hook for 12/16 of Dunbar's $1.3M+. Part of the problem is the salary of the OL. Most Rams fans thought either Williams or Dahl would be gone at this stage.

Dunbar may have future with Rams : Sports

With the state of the Rams depth on the O-line, could they really afford that?

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant remember the last time the Rams cut anyone with some relevance. A sign of good things to come?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the state of the Rams depth on the O-line, could they really afford that?
For almost all of last season and up to the Draft most Rams fans thought that Dahl would be released before this season. It wasn't that he's disliked or not respected but just that he's due $3.4M more than Shelley Smith, Joe Barksdale, or Brandon Washington. He's better, but releasing him would have allowed us to keep Dunbar, add a quality S, and make an upgrade somewhere else.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word around Rams Park is that there was something in the last couple of weeks with Dunbar that we do not know about....yet. Bottom line is Fisher is not going to tolerate that crap. Armstrong,Stewart,Bates and Ogletree as well as Phillip Steward on the PS are all guys that a solid guys. I really agree with some of the comments above that the staff is VERY VERY high on Ray Ray and feel like he will be in the rotation more than Spoon by mid season. They are also very high on Stewart as a backup to JL55.
In addition, there are a TON of solid veteran LB we can sign on a 1 year deal that would be as good or better than even Spoon. Barrett Ruud, Nick Barnett,Leroy Hill, Takeo Spikes, Bradie James, Aaron Maybin or AJ Edds would be a big help..

As a Bills fan I wouldnt bring up Maybin as a replacement for anyone. Well maybe the guy working the window at Taco Bell he might be qualified to do that.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Maybin fan either. Hybrid DE/OLB guys are difficult to get the best out of. He wouldn't be suited to OLB in a 4-3 system and as a DE he wouldn't bring anything that Quinn doesn't already provide. I think Ware will have a tough time for the Cowboys as a DE.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Maybin fan either. Hybrid DE/OLB guys are difficult to get the best out of. He wouldn't be suited to OLB in a 4-3 system and as a DE he wouldn't bring anything that Quinn doesn't already provide. I think Ware will have a tough time for the Cowboys as a DE.

especially when they roid though college to get their pay day and then cant play at an NFL level