• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saffold's body is pretty much done and the Raiders knew it a year ago. Wichmann is ready to go and he is a slightly bigger and definitely a younger version. I suspect Wichmann or Robinson may be in the LG spot by mid-season.

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting pre-season hype from Mora. I'm not sure I do that and put pressure on my college QB already, but...

TheRosen1 and DeShawn Watson coming out next year? :L Hope we didn't do this - "traded up 1 year early/late" thing again.
Rosen wont be able to opt for the NFL draft until the 2018 NFL Draft. Players need to be three years removed from HS to be eligible for the draft.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are always the Lakers' summer league games if you have access.
I do, its on Channel 1777 on ATT Uverse.

Good call Retro!

ts_slsched16.jpg

Either way, I just set the recorder!

:suds:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosen wont be able to opt for the NFL draft until the 2018 NFL Draft. Players need to be three years removed from HS to be eligible for the draft.

Never even heard of Rosen. Let's see what he can do this year.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never even heard of Rosen. Let's see what he can do this year.
Not to overstate but he has been compared to Peyton Manning with more mobility. I didn't like the comparison until I saw him play. He started as a true Freshman and played very well considering.

2015 - Starter in all 13 games ... Became first Bruin true freshman to start a season-opener at quarterback ... Set numerous school marks - most consecutive passing attempts without an interception (245); most passes attempted in a game (57 v. Wash. St.); most passing yards by a true freshman in a game (399 v. Cal); most passing yards in a season by a true freshman (3,688); most 300-yard passing games in a season (tied-6); most touchdown passes thrown by a true freshman (23); most touchdown passes trhown by a freshman in a game (3-tied); longest pass play by a true freshman (70yds); most completions in a game (34 v. Cal); most passing attempts in a season (487); most passing yards per game in a season (282.2) ... Threw for 300-yards in a games v. Nebraska (319), Wash. St. (340), Oregon State (333), Cal (399), Stanford (325) and Virginia (350) ... Had three scoring passes in games against Nebraska, Cal, Stanford and Virginia ... His 410 yards of total offense v. Washington State ranks No. 9 on the all-time school list ... The Sporting News Freshman of the Year ... USA Today 1st team Freshman All-America selection ... The Sporting News 1st team Freshman All-America selection ... FWAA 1st team Freshman All-Americal selection ... Pac-12 Conference Offensive Freshman of the Year (coaches) ... Pac-12 Newcomer of the Year (AP) ... Selected as one of the five recipients of the 2015 NFF National HS Scholar-Athlete award and was honored in New York.
Not bad for an 18yo snot nosed kid!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I have access as well Vita and I'll be catching some games when I have the time. Should be fun.

Snake boy does have a point in that this guy is going to be a real good one and the more this prognosis becomes true, the more your prediction SJ that we selected a QB one year too soon may also be relevant and then we will all bitch up a storm for the evident shortsightedness of Snisher-AGAIN!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snake boy does have a point in that this guy is going to be a real good one and the more this prognosis becomes true, the more your prediction SJ that we selected a QB one year too soon may also be relevant and then we will all bitch up a storm for the evident shortsightedness of Snisher-AGAIN!
Well, let's look at it this way...

If things go bust with Goff, Fisher will be gone by the 2018 draft when we actually have our next 1st round draft choice and also the soonest Rosen can declare for the draft, so ya never know....

Will we suck enough to draft high enough to draft him? Oh, I think we are all getting ahead of ourselves now. :lol:

Go Goff! :suds:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stated from the very beginning that Havenstein was going to be a good one even though we may have reached a bit on him during the draft. One of the successes of Snisher!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stated from the very beginning that Havenstein was going to be a good one even though we may have reached a bit on him during the draft. One of the successes of Snisher!

At first it definitely seemed like a reach. But a starting RT is a starting RT. Early 2nd is ok with me. Let's hope he improves

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This impresses the hell out of me. True fans watch summer league or d league games.
First chance to see the 2nd overall pick in Ingram from Duke play with some of the other Lakers youngsters!

There will be a lot of thoopla Lakers fans watching. Just like last year and like RR, I'm sure there will be a Summer League Thread.

On Saturday, we get to see the No. 1 overall pick in Simmons vs the No. 2 overall pick in Ingram. Sort of like last year when we got to see the top picks of Okafor vs Russell from the same two teams. (76ers & Lakers)

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...-remaining-franchise-players-deal-or-no-deal/

Trumaine Johnson CB / Los Angeles Rams
Franchise Tag: $13.952 Million
Prediction: No Deal
There hasn't been much progress on a new deal ever since the Rams used their franchise tag on Johnson instead of fellow cornerback Janoris Jenkins at the beginning of March. Johnson's salary floor should be slightly above what the Giants paid Jenkins in free agency. Jenkins got a five-year, $62.5 million contract ($12.5 million per year), which contains $28.8 million fully guaranteed.
Johnson finding a contract in the Josh Norman neighborhood more to his liking shouldn't come as a surprise. The Washington Redskins made Norman the NFL's highest-paid cornerback on an extremely front-loaded five-year, $75 million deal containing $50 million in guarantees a couple of days after the Carolina Panthers rescinded the franchise player designation that they had placed on him.

:scratch:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...-remaining-franchise-players-deal-or-no-deal/

Trumaine Johnson CB / Los Angeles Rams
Franchise Tag: $13.952 Million
Prediction: No Deal
There hasn't been much progress on a new deal ever since the Rams used their franchise tag on Johnson instead of fellow cornerback Janoris Jenkins at the beginning of March. Johnson's salary floor should be slightly above what the Giants paid Jenkins in free agency. Jenkins got a five-year, $62.5 million contract ($12.5 million per year), which contains $28.8 million fully guaranteed.
Johnson finding a contract in the Josh Norman neighborhood more to his liking shouldn't come as a surprise. The Washington Redskins made Norman the NFL's highest-paid cornerback on an extremely front-loaded five-year, $75 million deal containing $50 million in guarantees a couple of days after the Carolina Panthers rescinded the franchise player designation that they had placed on him.

:scratch:

If we have to pay him 14 mil anyway, why not just lock him up to a multiyear deal? Can't imagine it could cost much more...Norman has a 15mil per year average, we're paying Johnson 14 already this season, does everyone else see the obvious logic here to get the guy signed long term? Unless the Rams truly think his play is going to fall off this year which would cut his price, I don't get it...

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff is expected to earn the starting quarterback gig. The Cal grad already owns better accuracy and arm talent than the heap of middling signal-callers clogging the Rams' roster.

ANYTIME you Rams want to deal S Mannion on over to our club, feel free to call. Terrific talent way ahead of Goff at this point in time.