• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a cool story!

Isaac Bruce is organizing the 'Legends of the Dome' flag football game to held at the Dome.

Former quarterback Kurt Warner, Hall of Fame offensive lineman Orlando Pace, former linebacker Mike Jones and Hall of Fame defensive back Aeneas Williams are among the "few dozen" players expected to participate. Former coaches Dick Vermeil and Mike Martz will resume their former duties to lead the respective teams.
Here's the full story...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I, Blue, and several others on the Rams board have been stating all along, the forgotten QB is coming along nicely according to ESPN, the dogs that usually bitch about the Rams in a negative light. Check it out. The story is a good read and the word is that Mannion has gotten bigger and stronger! I wish the Rams would do the same with Foles.

Rams still 'excited' to watch Sean Mannion develop

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is VERY encouraging although in the vid, the bar is too high on his back to be a proper squat and he is not getting the maximum benefit out of the exercise and is increasing his risk of injury. Who in the hell is the weight trainer on this team anyways?

Greg Robinson working with LeCharles Bentley in Arizona

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a cool story!

Isaac Bruce is organizing the 'Legends of the Dome' flag football game to held at the Dome.

Former quarterback Kurt Warner, Hall of Fame offensive lineman Orlando Pace, former linebacker Mike Jones and Hall of Fame defensive back Aeneas Williams are among the "few dozen" players expected to participate. Former coaches Dick Vermeil and Mike Martz will resume their former duties to lead the respective teams.
Here's the full story...

They should put this on the NFL network. Would be alot of fun to watch and not just for us Rams fans. If I was nearby I'd be grabbing one of those $100 tickets with the meet and greet before the game...

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should put this on the NFL network. Would be alot of fun to watch and not just for us Rams fans. If I was nearby I'd be grabbing one of those $100 tickets with the meet and greet before the game...

Hell yeah, me too, hell of a deal.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that Vita. I am sooo envious that you can get in the car and go watch this one without a lot of long-distance driving. You're killing me dude!
Oh no Retro, this ones for all the St. Louis Rams fans.

It will be the final game at the Edward Jones Dome.

I wish I could attend! Love LTRF's idea! :suds:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no Retro, this ones for all the St. Louis Rams fans.

It will be the final game at the Edward Jones Dome.

I wish I could attend! Love LTRF's idea! :suds:

I just tweeted the NFL network asking if they'll be showing the game...I'll let you know if they get back to me, but not holding my breath lol...

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the Rams’ Inglewood Stadium affects business at the Rose Bowl, LA Coliseum

AR-160419976.jpg
By Jason Henry, San Gabriel Valley Tribune

POSTED: 04/10/16, 3:55 PM PDT

You can thank the NFL for the three-day music festival coming to Pasadena next year.

The nearly 100-year-old Rose Bowl Stadium, once sought as a possible home for an NFL team, passed on the league after voters and officials agreed that it wouldn’t be a good fit. But now, the ramifications of that decision are playing out, as it will face an increasingly competitive market for concerts and special events when the $1.9 billion NFL stadium in Inglewood opens in 2019.

“There will be very significant competition,” said Darryl Dunn, the general manager of the Rose Bowl.

Pasadena officials hope the festival planned for June 2017 will make up for the potential loss of business.

The Rose Bowl isn’t alone in worrying about the new stadium, as the competition will likely affect the bottom lines of each of Los Angeles County’s other football stadiums, experts say.

“Whenever a stadium gets built, it gets a share of the events that used to take place at other places,” said Roger Noll, a Stanford University professor emeritus in economics. “The main effect is likely to be that it will bid down the price. Even if you manage to keep it, you’ll get less money for it.”

All of the local stadiums rely on their main tenants — their bread and butter sports teams — for the bulk of their revenue. But each also uses one-off events, such as massive One Direction concerts and outdoor hockey showcases, to fill in during their offseasons.

There’s not a lot of big-named concerts, flea markets and visiting sporting events that need more than 50,000 seats to begin with, Noll said. But now, with an NFL stadium in the market, the battle between the giants is only going to intensify.

“The opening of the new stadium in Inglewood will significantly elevate the competition for major special events throughout the region, whether those events are sports or entertainment-related,” said David M. Carter, a principal in the Sports Business Group and executive director of USC’s Marshall Sports Business Institute. “Although there may not be that many events requiring a venue the size of a football stadium relative to that of an arena, those that own or operate large venues in the area need to be both creative and proactive to land future events.”

Those secondary events are “critical” for a stadium’s profitability, he said.

“The Rose Bowl and the Coliseum, once renovated, will have to offer a strong value proposition and event-day experience in order to compete with the Inglewood stadium for certain major events,” he said.

HOW HOSTING NFL NOW WILL HELP THE COLISEUM COMPETE IN THE FUTURE

The Los Angeles Rams will play at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum for the next three years as their facility is built in Inglewood. The arrangement gives the Coliseum a lucrative tenant while it moves forward with $270 million in restorations.

Those upgrades will actually help it compete better against the NFL stadium and the Rose Bowl in later years, according to officials.

“Of course it’s going to be a competitive environment for us,” said Dan Stimmler, chief operations officer for the Coliseum and Sports Arena. “Once the Inglewood stadium gets built, and the Coliseum gets renovated, all three of them will be at the same level.”

The competition might not be all bad either, Stimmler said.

“It’ll increase the amount of events in Los Angeles, and I think the more events that start to come, whether it’s to Inglewood or the Coliseum, L.A. becomes more and more relevant to every tour and every stop,” he said. “It becomes a stronger destination for everyone.”

Part of the Coliseum’s renovations will allow it to not only host large concerts, but small, intimate ones, too. The layout of the stadium allows for performers to set up stages to play for crowds that range from 6,500 up to the full 77,000  seats expected to remain when the restoration ends in 2019, Stimmler said.

WHY THE ICONIC STADIUMS STILL MATTER

Even with a state of the art facility in town, the history of the Coliseum and the Rose Bowl will keep people coming back, Stimmler said. They each have long lists of past performers and one-of-a-kind experiences that matter when a promoter is picking a location for an event.

Artists such as Bruce Springsteen and Pearl Jam, for example, specifically choose to play at the Sports Arena or the Coliseum, Stimmler said.

“So much of it is the promoter or the act that has a preference where they go,” he said.

The Coliseum has hosted two Olympics, two Super Bowls, three presidents, the Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd and more.

Fred Claire, a member of the Rose Bowl Operating Company’s Board, agrees. Claire, the former general manager of the Dodgers, said Kenny Chesney, who came to Pasadena last year, had playing at the Rose Bowl on his bucket list.

Other stadiums can’t provide that, said Pasadena City Councilman Victor Gordo.

“That’s what distinguishes us from a strip mall stadium that is built to last 30 years and then be torn down and replaced by another strip mall stadium,” Gordo said. “You can’t re-create that.”

HOW THE ROSE BOWL DEVELOPED ITS NFL-FREE ‘PLAN B’

Officials at the Rose Bowl say they’re trying to stay ahead of the curve. They completed their renovations before the Coliseum and ahead of the NFL’s return, after seeing both as their inevitable competition in the future.

They’ve set up an arrangement with AEG Live that will not only bring the Arroyo Seco Music and Arts Festival to Pasadena’s Arroyo, but that will give the Rose Bowl the right of first refusal for any of AEG’s other events that need a stadium-sized venue.

“It’s not being fearful; it’s just recognizing what is there and for us to do everything that we can to keep the Rose Bowl relevant,” Claire said. “It’s critically important that we sustain the longevity and viability of the Rose Bowl.”

Besides taking away those one-off events, the new NFL stadium could hurt ticket sales for the UCLA games, according to Dunn, the Rose Bowl’s general manager.

The Arroyo Seco Music and Arts Festival is the Rose Bowl’s solution, both for the potential loss of revenue from increased competition and for paying off the debt from their renovations. The music festival — a much-more family-friendly twist to the formula popularized by Coachella — is poised to bring in more than $90 million over the next 20 years. It’ll be the third leg in the Rose Bowl’s financial support system that includes two other long-term tenants, UCLA and the Tournament of Roses, Dunn said.

“We believe it is critical,” he said.

The Rose Bowl saw the NFL’s return as unavoidable, according to City Councilman Gordo, who serves as the president of the Rose Bowl Operating Company’s board of directors.

Previously, the NFL offered to pay $500 million to renovate the Rose Bowl, but Gordo said the plan would have gutted the facility and took away a lot of its historic value. When Pasadena officials passed on the NFL, they also realized they needed to prepare for the idea that it’ll likely still come without them, and that could mean the competition they’re now expecting in 2019.

When the stadium decided to pay for its $180 million renovations itself, it also signed a 30-year agreement with UCLA and the Tournament of Roses. Part of the worry was that UCLA might be enticed away by a closer stadium built by the NFL, Gordo said.

Now with the three tenants, the Rose Bowl is in a better position; it might even turn away events in the future, instead of having to take whatever it could get to keep its revenues consistent, he said.

“It allows us to be pickier, thankfully, about who gets to the participate in the history and the glory of the Rose Bowl,” Gordo said. “(The financial stability) gives the RBOC and the city a newfound level of control over the future of the stadium and its short term tenants.”

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Foles’ time with the Los Angeles Rams may be coming to an end very soon, as someone close to the Rams’ situation believes that he’ll be gone by Week 1.
Though the then St. Louis Rams traded former 2010 No. 1 overall pick in quarterback Sam Bradford to the Philadelphia Eagles for Nick Foles to become the club’s next starting quarterback, one source close to the Rams’ quarterback situation believes that Foles won’t be on the Week 1 roster for the 2016 Los Angeles Rams.

It seems that in the Los Angeles quarterback room, Foles has been deemed the odd man out, as general manager Les Snead has clamored over the strong second half of new starter Case Keenum as their quarterback going forward. The Rams also drafted former Oregon State Beavers standout Sean Mannion in the 2015 NFL Draft. Mannion is still a work in progress as an NFL quarterback, but did tear it up in the Pac-12 for years and could compete for a starting quarterback gig someday soon.

What Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio points out is that Foles has already earned his $6 million roster bonus, which was paid by Los Angeles in March. Though Foles’ 2016 NFL contract with the Rams is fully guaranteed, it would only be a $1.75 million cap hit for Snead to endure.

Foles did have great success playing for former Eagles head coach Chip Kelly in Philadelphia, earning his only Pro Bowl nod to date. While Foles’ 2016 NFL salary is easy for any team to take on, his cap hit spikes in 2017, where he will command over $10 million that season.

If the Rams do decide to part ways with Foles, he would have the opportunity to compete for several starting quarterback gigs across the league, with the Denver Broncos and the San Francisco 49ers as two possible landing spots.

While Foles’ departure from Los Angeles isn’t yet certain, should the Rams use their first round pick in the 2016 NFL Draft on either California’s Jared Goff, Memphis’ Paxton Lynch, or even Michigan State’s Conner Cook, do expect Foles to not be on the Rams’ roster come Week 1 of the 2016 NFL season.

For more NFL posts, please check out our NFL hub page.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, the Rams have been throwing this guy under the bus ever since Fisher benched him last year. I don't see how they'll keep him around if they do select a QB at some point in the draft. Something happened to this guy during his brief stay with the Rams and from every indication I can see, it looks like the culprit is Foles got an accelerated case of being Bulgerized!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is interest, the trading team gets a deal in terms of contract, since the bonus is already paid. The team that trades for him only owes his small base salary (and any potential performance bonuses). That could make him attractive to the Cowboys as a backup, or even the Jets/Broncos if they can't get Fitz/Kaep.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You watch....Foles will get traded and then we will end up giving up the farm to nab Lynch or Goff. :L

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You watch....Foles will get traded and then we will end up giving up the farm to nab Lynch or Goff. :L

If one of those guys falls down to 6 look out. I could see the Rams moving up.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article from SB Nation confirms what I have believed all along about the Fisher/Foles saga. Something just isn't right and this article indicates that Foles might have just thrown in the towel after that nasty hit in Green Bay and then Fisher threw him under the bus for no apparent reason. This is a pretty compelling article and it supports what I have believed about Foles all along and the stupidity of Fisher rather glaring.

Foles is Better than Keenum. Yet Fisher Refuses to Support Him