• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need better pass protection! pretty simple to figure out. I think they should invest interior o-line help(center) and a #1 wr, and some how to to figure on trying to stop the blitzing! Drafting a new qb will bring the same results....... Bulgeritus! :eek: :L :eek:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article from SB Nation confirms what I have believed all along about the Fisher/Foles saga. Something just isn't right and this article indicates that Foles might have just thrown in the towel after that nasty hit in Green Bay and then Fisher threw him under the bus for no apparent reason. This is a pretty compelling article and it supports what I have believed about Foles all along and the stupidity of Fisher rather glaring.

Foles is Better than Keenum. Yet Fisher Refuses to Support Him

Strangely, Foles' poor play was WITH Gurley, while the majority of his good play was before Gurley.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Precisely Zeke. Dumbasses haven't figured that out yet if all the proposed trades go down.

I wonder how Fisher would have felt had we beaten the Steelers, Vikings(in OT) and the Ravens? These were all winnable games! We could of easily been 10-6 only for a few bone head plays. :L

Case Keenum got the easier defenses to face(Lions, Buccaneers, Seahawks and 49ers. But he did beat the Squawks in Seattle.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need better pass protection! pretty simple to figure out. I think they should invest interior o-line help(center) and a #1 wr, and some how to to figure on trying to stop the blitzing! Drafting a new qb will bring the same results....... Bulgeritus! :eek: :L :eek:

The idea would be to redshirt that QB while Keenum starts at QB. If the line can't gel after another full season, this team has a lot more work to do.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea would be to redshirt that QB while Keenum starts at QB. If the line can't gel after another full season, this team has a lot more work to do.

Getting rid of Foles and going into next season with Keenum, Mannion or say 1 of these 3- (Goff, Wentz, Lynch)IMO isn't a very good idea. That would not leave a whole lot of experience here. Plus if we trade up to say #6, what will it cost? :L I'm thinking we're just better off keeping Foles and our picks. Experience is what's important here.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article from SB Nation confirms what I have believed all along about the Fisher/Foles saga. Something just isn't right and this article indicates that Foles might have just thrown in the towel after that nasty hit in Green Bay and then Fisher threw him under the bus for no apparent reason. This is a pretty compelling article and it supports what I have believed about Foles all along and the stupidity of Fisher rather glaring.

Foles is Better than Keenum. Yet Fisher Refuses to Support Him

Wow...what a read. Well I've always said Fisher is the Rams biggest problem not the fans and not his players. I believe the only reason Fisher still has a job is because he has experience in coaching a team while they have changed cities.
Just look at Fishers life time win loss record and you can see he is the luckiest man in the NFL. One of the biggest bloopers ever was bringing him to the Rams; may as well kept Linehan or whomever that last guy was.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...what a read. Well I've always said Fisher is the Rams biggest problem not the fans and not his players. I believe the only reason Fisher still has a job is because he has experience in coaching a team while they have changed cities.
Just look at Fishers life time win loss record and you can see he is the luckiest man in the NFL. One of the biggest bloopers ever was bringing him to the Rams; may as well kept Linehan or whomever that last guy was.
Felt the exact opposite after the read. This article just doesn't want to discount the opteen starts that Foles had after the first four. And shopson touched on my thoughts this morning that I wasn't able to reply to in the morning that I just couldn't get out.

Why doesn't the author address all the starts Foles had after the GB game?

It was one hit!

He had how many starts to redeem himself? If you ask me, a lot!

As I said earlier, shopson touched on a topic that makes a lot of since to me. Why didn't Foles succeed with TG in the backfield?

And why didn't the author of this particular article address this relevant point of TG in the backfield since the GB game?

It is a relevant factor if you ask me.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, this whole saga stinks to high heavens. Those are relevant questions Vita and the answers are kept a mystery. There is something going on with this guy that he either deliberately tanked or someone or maybe several people changed his thinking but his career presently is in the toilet.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felt the exact opposite after the read. This article just doesn't want to discount the opteen starts that Foles had after the first four. And shopson touched on my thoughts this morning that I wasn't able to reply to in the morning that I just couldn't get out.

Why doesn't the author address all the starts Foles had after the GB game?

It was one hit!

He had how many starts to redeem himself? If you ask me, a lot!

As I said earlier, shopson touched on a topic that makes a lot of since to me. Why didn't Foles succeed with TG in the backfield?

And why didn't the author of this particular article address this relevant point of TG in the backfield since the GB game?

It is a relevant factor if you ask me.

After the Green Bay game(week 5) Foles won the next 2 games(vs. Cleveland/wk. 7 and San Fran/wk. 8) and Gurley ran wild! SO I'm not sure as to why everyone is saying Foles didn't have success with Gurley. In the Cleveland game Gurley rushed for 128yds/2tds, and in the 49er game Gurley had 133 yds./1td. I think Foles didn't start really playing bad until the Minnesota game, that we should have won, but found a way to lose in OT. This was the same time Gurley started gaining fewer yards as well.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to make excuses but I do believe that the rt side of our o-line started to get injured right around that time as well.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Green Bay game(week 5) Foles won the next 2 games(vs. Cleveland/wk. 7 and San Fran/wk. 8) and Gurley ran wild! SO I'm not sure as to why everyone is saying Foles didn't have success with Gurley. In the Cleveland game Gurley rushed for 128yds/2tds, and in the 49er game Gurley had 133 yds./1td. I think Foles didn't start really playing bad until the Minnesota game, that we should have won, but found a way to lose in OT. This was the same time Gurley started gaining fewer yards as well.
You make some good points zeke. I'm guessing we are just going off of the stats from the article, collectively in Weeks 5-13, as the author pointed out, they're fugly!

Weeks 5-13

Like I said before, there's a stark difference in Foles' performance. Take a gander - again with the numbers if he played at this level for an entire season.

Completions Attempts Completion % Yards Touchdowns Interceptions​
7 Game Total........120.........226..............53.1.......1237........2.0.............9.0
Per Game Avg.......17.1........32.3.............53.1........176........0.29............1.29
Projected Season...274.3......516.6...........53.1.......2827........4.6.............20.6

That's FUGLY - and the reason that Foles got benched. I think Fisher could have lived with the low yardage and completion percentage, but the turnovers were too much to overlook.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sudden decline makes no sense. I have maintained all along that something happened to this guy. I have no info on what that could be and the whole saga remains a mystery. I still believe that if whatever happened to this guy mentally (mostly) can be reversed, he is still a good QB. I believe to change whatever "IT" is is not going to happen with Fisher still around.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm as baffled as you guys. When approximately was it when Rob Havestien and Jamon Brown got hurt? Might as well add Saffold to the mix. This might have played a huge part as why Foles got worse.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me naive, but what does Fisher having experience coaching a team changing cities has to do with anything. Its just moving from one location to another. Business still has to go on as usual.. I do agree that he is the luckiest POS in the league to continue to have a job. Changing cities or not, you still gotta put out a product on the field and he has failed to do so. Hell if Lovie got dumped with a new QB Fisher needs to be canned too.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a vicious hit...I'm not saying Foles numbers went south just because of that hit but I think after that he started to correctly suspect that his O-Line was like Swiss cheese and he was always looking for where it would break down and where the next hit was coming from. Foles was impressive for one year in Philly and 4 or 5 games with the Rams. That's it! so Case may be the right guy to start this season but I'm still anxiously awaiting the time when Fisher retires.
Call me naive, but what does Fisher having experience coaching a team changing cities has to do with anything. Its just moving from one location to another. Business still has to go on as usual.. I do agree that he is the luckiest POS in the league to continue to have a job. Changing cities or not, you still gotta put out a product on the field and he has failed to do so. Hell if Lovie got dumped with a new QB Fisher needs to be canned too
Well if I were moving a huge NFL franchise and I had a guy as my head coach that has been through it before I'd probably keep him in place until after the move.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a vicious hit...

I'm not sure if it was called a penalty but if he was an lineman, it could be considered a high/low hit, and the ball was gone.

Clay Matthews is such a cheap shot artist. Leading with the crown of the helmet into the guys solar plexus! :tsk:

Last edited:

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL! Your Rams most definitely need better pass protection after this gigantic draft trade to select Wentz.