• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Stan could build another Walmart there!........LOL

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Sam rips the Rams, says he should've made the team in 2014

Not only does Sam believe that the NFL and the Rams had a deal in place, but he also thinks he should've made the team in 2014.

"Makes sense as to why they cut me and not Ethan Westbrooks, even though I outperformed him in our production," Sam said. "Makes sense why Coach Fisher was very vague the day he cut me from the team."

The possible Hard Knocks deal between the Rams and the NFL might have affected Sam's chances of making the team. If Hard Knocks had been filming the Rams, Sam insists it would've been clear that he should've made the team and the viewing public would've realized that.

If you look at the numbers, it's not a complete shock the Rams chose Westbrooks over Sam for the team's final roster spot on the defensive line. Westbrooks led the team in tackles during the 2014 preseason with 12 and was second on the team in sacks with two. Sam finished with 11 tackles and led the team with three sacks.

This is just like Tim Tebow: If teams thought that the guy was a good enough player to be on a team, he'd be on a team. But neither one is, so just accept the fact that you're not good enough to play in the league and move on.

Glad to see some organization is keeping it classy. :rolleyes2:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While other teams eye the April 28 NFL Draft and make deals in free agency, the Rams made the biggest move of all -- from St. Louis back to Los Angeles.

Appropriately, the team now closest to Hollywood also made news this week when it was announced the Rams will be featured in HBO's show-all from training camp, Hard Knocks.
Why not? The Houston Texans were featured last year and won their division. But the Rams may need more than TV exposure to improve their 7-9 record from last year and rise to the top of an NFC West that includes the Arizona Cardinals, Seattle Seahawks and, well, the once mighty San Francisco 49ers.

As far as player movement, the Rams are apparently focusing on maintaining their roster. They re-signed nine of their own who could have tested free agency.

The biggest contract went to linebacker Mark Barron (five years, $45 million; $20 million guaranteed), whose abilities will be necessary in a division that includes Seattle's Russell Wilson, Arizona's Carson Palmer and San Francisco's, ah, interesting quandary for new head coach Chip Kelly.

At the league meeting this week it was announced the Rams will make at least three more considerable moves. They will be part of the NFL's international series of games the next three years, including one in China that is expected to be a regular-season battle.

This was part of the agreement to permit owner Stan Kroenke to move his team to the Inglewood stadium location he established more than a year before.

So it will not be until 2019 that the Rams host all eight home games on their own field.

Here is a closer look at the Rams more than a month before the draft with lists on how they arrived here and guesses as to what they might do going forward.

2016 Draft first pick: 15 overall

2015 Finish: Third in NFC West
RECORD: 7-9
TOTAL OFFENSE: 297.6 (32nd)
RUSHING: 122.3 (7th)
PASSING: 175.3 (32nd)
TOTAL DEFENSE: 367.8 (23rd)
RUSHING: 113.8 (20th)
PASSING: 254.1 (23rd)

TEAM NEEDS

1. Quarterback: The Rams search for a franchise quarterback continues, with neither incumbent Case Keenum or Nick Foles assured of even being on the roster come training camp, let alone lining up behind center as the starter to kick off the rest of the season. The Rams will take a long, hard look at both the draft and free agency this offseason, with the hope being they will find their man on an otherwise solid team.

Is Paxton Lynch destined for a starring role in Hollywood? (USATSI)

2. Wide receiver: Much like quarterback, the Rams have spent years identifying a bona-fide No. 1 wide receiver. But to date, they've had little success. Tavon Austin emerged as a threat in the passing game and running game last year, but to maximize his effectiveness - and open up the offense - a top-flight wide receiver is needed through the draft or free agency.

3. Cornerback: With Trumaine Johnson getting the franchise tag, Janoris Jenkins was an unrestricted free agent and signed with the Giants. The Rams could be on the lookout for another potential starter, although E.J. Gaines returns from a foot injury that cost him the entire 2015 season.

PERSONNEL UPDATE (as of March 23)
FRANCHISE PLAYER: CB Trumaine Johnson (tendered at $13.952M; signed tender March 9).
TRANSITION PLAYER: None.
UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

DT Nick Fairley: The Rams would like him back, but with so many other free-agent priorities it's difficult seeing that happen.
WR Wes Welker is not expected back.
K Greg Zuerlein had another up-and-down season, but the Rams will likely give him one more chance to get it figured out.
UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

RB Chase Reynolds (not tendered as RFA) was a leader on special teams and might return at less than what the tender would have been.
EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENTS: None.
RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

RB Benny Cunningham (tendered at $1.671M with no compensation) is a versatile back that is also good in pass protection.
QB Case Keenum (tendered at $3.635M with first-round pick as compensation) is currently the team's starter.
PLAYERS RE-SIGNED

C Tim Barnes: UFA; $5.5M/2 yrs, $3.25M guaranteed.
S Mark Barron: UFA; $45M/5 yrs, $5M SB/$20M guaranteed.
S Cody Davis: Potential RFA; 2 yrs, terms unknown.
OL Brian Folkerts: Not tendered as RFA; terms unknown.
TE Cory Harkey: UFA; $5.7M/3 yrs, $2.5M guaranteed.
DE William Hayes: UFA; $17.5M/3 yrs, $10M guaranteed.
CB Trumaine Johnson: FFA; $13.952M/1 yr.
WR Brian Quick: UFA; $1.75M/1 yr, $1.5M guaranteed.
DE Eugene Sims: UFA; 3 yrs, $3.75M guaranteed/$750,000 RB.
PLAYERS ACQUIRED

DE Quinton Coples: FA Dolphins; 2 yrs, terms unknown.
CB Coty Sensabaugh: UFA Titans; $19M/3 yrs, $3.5M RB/$6.5M guaranteed.
PLAYERS LOST

LB Daren Bates: Not tendered as RFA/Raiders; terms unknown.
TE Jared Cook (released).
CB Janoris Jenkins: UFA Giants; $62M/5 yrs, $29M guaranteed.
LB James Laurinaitis (released).
DE Chris Long (released).
S Rodney McLeod: UFA Eagles; $37M/5 yrs, $8M SB/$17M guaranteed/$14M fully guaranteed.
*NFLDraftScout.com analysts suggest (No. 15 overall).
Rob Rang (March 20 mock draft):
--Laquon Treadwell, WR, Mississippi. With rookie Pro Bowl running back Todd Gurley and the playmaking Tavon Austin on offense and the NFL's most ferocious defensive line, the Rams are only an improved passing game away from competing in the NFC West. Treadwell may lack the elite speed to warrant a top-10 pick, but he possesses the size, aggression and toughness to compete against the star cornerbacks of this division.

Dane Brugler (March 20 mock draft):
--Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis. As the Rams move out west, they need a fresh face at quarterback who can be groomed as the starter. Lynch is very young in quarterback years, but all the skills are there for him to develop into a winner in the NFL.

#stolenfromcbssports.com

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Fairley followed Laurinaitus to the Saints and signed his customary one-year deal. Both careers are on the down-side.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Fairley followed Laurinaitus to the Saints and signed his customary one-year deal. Both careers are on the down-side.

Fairley had a very good season last year. He turned down offers from the Pats and Eagles before signing with the Saints. I have no idea why the Rams didn't try to sign him.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably wanted to start.

Probably right. I wonder what the Saints paid him? Crazy thing is I think PFF grated him higher than Brock last year. Not by much though. They need to get Brock signed long term.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably right. I wonder what the Saints paid him? Crazy thing is I think PFF grated him higher than Brock last year. Not by much though. They need to get Brock signed long term.

It was in the neighborhood of 1 year, $3M+ with incentives to $5M+

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we couldn't match that 1 yr 3 mil?? I mean seriously he was our best Run Defender. pro football rated him at 6 i believe and we lose him to the Saints?? wtf!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More of an apparent Fisher mentality that is just on the precipice of a series of stupid moves as the draft nears. They over-paid Mark Barron and let Fairley walk. Granted, the Barron re-signing was important but why let Fairley go when he achieved that rating in his contract that was a "prove-it" one year deal. Fisher is becoming an untrustworthy HC unless you are one of "his" guys.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this deal makes a little more sense. Swap picks in the first with the Ravens and move up to the 6th spot to take Goff and give up only a second or a fourth this year.

Here's how the Rams trade up to grab Cal QB Jared Goff

That's essentially what I did in a recent first-pick mock; #15 and #42 for #8 (Goff made it past the Niners in this mock, so I traded with the Eagles, giving them their 2nd back).

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More of an apparent Fisher mentality that is just on the precipice of a series of stupid moves as the draft nears. They over-paid Mark Barron and let Fairley walk. Granted, the Barron re-signing was important but why let Fairley go when he achieved that rating in his contract that was a "prove-it" one year deal. Fisher is becoming an untrustworthy HC unless you are one of "his" guys.
Nick Fairly was an Unrestricted Free Agent so once the *Franchise Tag and Tenders were used on TJ & Case, Fisher had no control unless the Rams were to over pay a bit and over promise for sure, considering Nick's desires to start and the Rams intentions to resign Brockers to a long term deal this season. (*Not that the Rams would have even considered tagging or tendering Fairly, however that would be the only way Fisher could control the URFA.)

Yes we will lose some good depth this year, but I suspect we reload DT depth at a much lower cost in this years draft, knowing Snisher.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh No....Don't tell me we're gonna give up the farm for a rookie qb?

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't understand but maybe I'm naive...but what has Brockers done to warrant an extension?? Sure Fairley is 28 but hell I'd give him a 3 yr deal for 15 mil with 8 mill guaranteed rather than resign Brockers. And retro Fisher has been an idiot since his time in Tenn, his trustworthiness to put a competitive winning product on the field is long gone. Hence his career 50% win percentage as a HC; why he still has a job in this league is beyond me! But I'm not gonna go any further on that notion as we all know my feelings towards him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't understand but maybe I'm naive...but what has Brockers done to warrant an extension?? Sure Fairley is 28 but hell I'd give him a 3 yr deal for 15 mil with 8 mill guaranteed rather than resign Brockers. And retro Fisher has been an idiot since his time in Tenn, his trustworthiness to put a competitive winning product on the field is long gone. Hence his career 50% win percentage as a HC; why he still has a job in this league is beyond me! But I'm not gonna go any further on that notion as we all know my feelings towards him.

Yep Jermaine. I hear you. Losing Fairley was not exactly the best for the Rams but I believe Brockers consistently commands double teams and Fairley didn't during his "prove-it" contract. As Vita has stated, Snisher sort of painted themselves into a corner when all the "tools" were exhausted but I think they could have made a better case to keep him and I believe he wanted to stay. I suppose that Snisher figured they could retool with a guy like Doug Worthington and whomever they pick-up in the draft and the draft-aftermath.

Last edited: