• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but its pretty sad that they're even considering NFL football in China! What's next North Korea?

These guys are playing the %'s...China is a market of 1.3 billion and "supposedly" many do have an interest in American Football but it can be BS...Many could mean 1 in 50, 1 in 100 or 1 in 1000...who knows what the truth is?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just trying to build the Rams brand, come 2019 I want at least eight legit home games in our new fancy stadium.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but its pretty sad that they're even considering NFL football in China! What's next North Korea?

Supposedly the Chinese are really gaining their interest in American football. Think of the marketing potential of players worldwide. NBA players make millions just from overseas endorsements and jersey sales; I'm sure the NFL wants to tap into that revenue stream. So does Kroenke, I'm sure.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just trying to build the Rams brand, come 2019 I want at least eight legit home games in our new fancy stadium.

I'm sure that's the plan, so we'll get London in 2016, Germany in 2017, and China in 2018. 2019, new stadium.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kroneke's eyes are already lighting up and he is probably getting another chubby at the mere thought of all the money, money, money he is going to rake in!

Last edited:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Sam rips the Rams, says he should've made the team in 2014

Not only does Sam believe that the NFL and the Rams had a deal in place, but he also thinks he should've made the team in 2014.

"Makes sense as to why they cut me and not Ethan Westbrooks, even though I outperformed him in our production," Sam said. "Makes sense why Coach Fisher was very vague the day he cut me from the team."

The possible Hard Knocks deal between the Rams and the NFL might have affected Sam's chances of making the team. If Hard Knocks had been filming the Rams, Sam insists it would've been clear that he should've made the team and the viewing public would've realized that.

If you look at the numbers, it's not a complete shock the Rams chose Westbrooks over Sam for the team's final roster spot on the defensive line. Westbrooks led the team in tackles during the 2014 preseason with 12 and was second on the team in sacks with two. Sam finished with 11 tackles and led the team with three sacks.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares what Sam first or last name thinks they are no longer on the team.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam thinks THAT'S why he got cut? His production was largely against other guys that were getting cut; the third and fourth teamers. He's a one note pass rusher with no upside; Westbrooks was raw with plenty of upside. The decision was easy.

What was Dallas' reason for cutting him loose? They certainly weren't trying to avoid Hard Knocks, Jerrah lives for that crap.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am watching "A Football Life" and they are featuring Marshall Faulk. I found out something I didn't know. The guy that was the connector between the Rams and the Colts was none other than Eric Dickerson who knew Jim Irsay and John Shaw.

Dickerson started talking to Irsay about Faulk when the Colts refused to negotiate Faulk's contract in 1998. Dickerson then talked to Shaw and suggested a two and five. That's what we gave the Colts to get Faulk and Irsay took it in 1999. The rest was indeed a great history!!!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Sam rips the Rams, says he should've made the team in 2014

Not only does Sam believe that the NFL and the Rams had a deal in place, but he also thinks he should've made the team in 2014.

"Makes sense as to why they cut me and not Ethan Westbrooks, even though I outperformed him in our production," Sam said. "Makes sense why Coach Fisher was very vague the day he cut me from the team."

The possible Hard Knocks deal between the Rams and the NFL might have affected Sam's chances of making the team. If Hard Knocks had been filming the Rams, Sam insists it would've been clear that he should've made the team and the viewing public would've realized that.

If you look at the numbers, it's not a complete shock the Rams chose Westbrooks over Sam for the team's final roster spot on the defensive line. Westbrooks led the team in tackles during the 2014 preseason with 12 and was second on the team in sacks with two. Sam finished with 11 tackles and led the team with three sacks.

What a joke...If he was so good, he would've caught on with another team and would still be in the NFL...Its easy to blame it on the Rams, the NFL, his sexual orientation, or some shadowy deal.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, if Sam was that good he would have somehow gotten on another team at least thru the "back door"

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is he wasn't that good and the Cowboys as well as the Canadian Football League all confirmed what the Rams knew.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, if Sam was that good he would have somehow gotten on another team at least thru the "back door"

yah, everything that I'm reading says "Hard Knocks" avoided us because we drafted Michael Sam's. Hmmmm......kind of makes you wonder why?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Rams fans on the planet in here on tHoop. So they have to try China I guess..

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis Rams won the super bowl. LA needs to do more than just build a bad ass stadium.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rip old news saw it on tv.

JUST WAIT TILL WE MOVE TO CHINA :D

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis might be stuck giving Rams a $19 million piece of land for one dollar
By John Breech | CBSSports.com

March 25, 2016 5:47 pm

The city of St. Louis is probably really starting to regret the favorable lease that it gave to the Rams back in 1995.

When the Rams moved from Los Angeles to St. Louis following the 1994 season, the team signed a lease with the St. Louis Regional Convention and Sports Complex Authority (RSA) that called for the Rams to pay just $25,000 a year in rent for the right to use the football facility in Earth City as the team's practice facility.

Now that the Rams are moving back to Los Angeles, they don't need the practice facility anymore, so that means the land goes back to the RSA, right?

Wrong.

Thanks to a favorable lease, the Rams will have the option of buying their practice facility in 2024 for just one dollar, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. That's right, for just one dollar, the Rams will own their practice facility and the 27-acre parcel of land that it sits on.

That chunk of land is worth $19 million, according to a recent appraisal. So the Rams could potentially make a tidy $18,999,999 profit if they exercise the clause in their lease and then sell the land.

It's not going to be that easy, though.

According to the Post-Dispatch, the RSA has filed a lawsuit against the team to prevent them from buying the land. The lawsuit argues that the Rams' lease will expire on April 30, and that if the lease expires, the Rams will no longer have the right to purchase the land in 2024 (what would've been the 29th anniversary of the team's move).

In a statement, RSA chairman Jim Shrewsbury said that his group is trying to figure out what to do with the land, and they can't do that if they don't know who's going to own it in the future.

"The training facility is an important asset for the authority and for the region," Shrewsbury said, via ESPN.com. "Missouri law is clear that there is no valid purchase option on the property. In order to make sure that the Authority can properly market, value and use this asset, we have taken action to obtain certainty about the invalidity of the option."

The problem for the RSA is that the lease was worded in a way that might prevent them from beating the Rams in court. The lease "shall survive any termination of the lease regardless of the reason for such termination, and lessee shall after any termination continue to have the right to exercise the option as herein provided," the lease states, via the Post-Dispatch.

The Sports Complex Authority wants to sell the land and use the potential $19 million from the deal to help pay for the more than $16 million the authority spent trying to push a new stadium in St. Louis to try to keep the Rams from leaving.

It's not clear what the Rams are going to do yet, but if they're allowed to purchase the land, you have to think they will. The team's owner, Stan Kroenke, has made millions of dollars in real estate, and the chance to buy a $19 million piece of land for just one dollar would probably be too good to pass up.

The lawsuit from the Sports Complex Authority is at least the third one the Rams have been hit with since leaving St. Louis.