• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McSnead are once again bordering on the edge of complete stupidity but we shall see later if they are a couple of geniuses or a couple of complete gunslinging idiots.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be hard to do much of anything in free agency.

I hope they don’t bring back Blythe and can find someone better.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a lot of quality players going off the board between the start of the draft and our first pick, and from our first pick until our 2nd pick.

I know they’ve done well in the 2nd and 3rd rounds in recent drafts, but this one will be really tough to grab quality depth or even a starter.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a lot of quality players going off the board between the start of the draft and our first pick, and from our first pick until our 2nd pick.

I know they’ve done well in the 2nd and 3rd rounds in recent drafts, but this one will be really tough to grab quality depth or even a starter.

Im with the Rams FO. I think your top 10-15 picks are for sure starters. Even then it’s not etched in stone. But after pick #15-20, there’s not a lot of difference all the way to pick 100. That’s why they throw away late 1st rounders imo. Look at the Seahawks picks the past 10 years late in the 1st. Look at the WR picks by the Patriots in the 1st or 2nd. It’s difficult for even the best GMs late in the 1st.

Totally about risk. Trade your late 1sts for serious talent which eliminates the bust factor.. then see who slips to you in the 2nd and 3rd with “similar talent”.
All while loading up on comp pics

Last edited:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with the Rams FO. I think your top 10-15 picks are for sure starters. Even then it’s not etched in stone. But after pick #15-20, there’s not a lot of difference all the way to pick 100. That’s why they throw away late 1st rounders imo. Look at the Seahawks picks the past 10 years late in the 1st. Look at the WR picks by the Patriots in the 1st or 2nd. It’s difficult for even the best GMs late in the 1st.

Totally about risk. Trade your late 1sts for serious talent which eliminates the bust factor.. then see who slips to you in the 2nd and 3rd with “similar talent”.
All while loading up on comp pics
Only problem with that is then you end up in cap hell because you have to pay for the superstars vs getting a stud rookie on a cheap contract.

stands to reason, if the Rams can draft well in the 2nd and 3rd the past 4-5 years, then they shouldn’t miss on their 1st rounders.

BB hasn’t drafted well since 2012 ( especially in the 1st round ). The Hawks haven’t drafted well in the 1st for a while either, but have hit in other rounds like Metcalf, Carson, etc.

I have no doubt the Rams FO and scouting department wouldn’t have hit on multiple 1st rounders the past 4-5 years with their success rate in the 2nd/3rd rounds during the same time frame.

would you rather have Calvin Ridley on a rookie contract for the past several seasons, or a 1 yr rental of Brandin Cooks? Because they could’ve drafted Ridley had they not traded for Cooks that year. And then they extended him and ended up eating a ton of money just to get rid of him. That was just insult to injury with the trade and then the cap ramifications.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only problem with that is then you end up in cap hell because you have to pay for the superstars vs getting a stud rookie on a cheap contract.

stands to reason, if the Rams can draft well in the 2nd and 3rd the past 4-5 years, then they shouldn’t miss on their 1st rounders.

BB hasn’t drafted well since 2012 ( especially in the 1st round ). The Hawks haven’t drafted well in the 1st for a while either, but have hit in other rounds like Metcalf, Carson, etc.

I have no doubt the Rams FO and scouting department wouldn’t have hit on multiple 1st rounders the past 4-5 years with their success rate in the 2nd/3rd rounds during the same time frame.

would you rather have Calvin Ridley on a rookie contract for the past several seasons, or a 1 yr rental of Brandin Cooks? Because they could’ve drafted Ridley had they not traded for Cooks that year. And then they extended him and ended up eating a ton of money just to get rid of him. That was just insult to injury with the trade and then the cap ramifications.

I think you missed the part where even the best GMs miss in the mid or late 1st. Are you saying we should trade back our 1sts for Ramsey?

And the Rams are re-working contracts. Yeah they can’t sign more Gurley and Goff type contracts going forward.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So don’t think for 1 second they can’t find steals throughout this entire coming 2021 draft. Some college players sat out 2020 so there’s a lot of ????

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you missed the part where even the best GMs miss in the mid or late 1st. Are you saying we should trade back our 1sts for Ramsey?

And the Rams are re-working contracts. Yeah they can’t sign more Gurley and Goff type contracts going forward.
I didn’t say they would hit on every pick, that’s insane.

I said they would’ve hit on multiple based on their drafting in recent years.

and Ramsey is the only trade that has worked out out of how many? Their trade batting average is worse than their drafting recently.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t say they would hit on every pick, that’s insane.

I said they would’ve hit on multiple based on their drafting in recent years.

and Ramsey is the only trade that has worked out out of how many? Their trade batting average is worse than their drafting recently.

Ramsey and Stafford are the only 2 trades we have made with multiple first rounders. Cooks was dam good the Super Bowl year. Watkins not a great trade. What other trades were bad skippy? You’re going downhill again and I don’t really understand how the hell you can be bitching so much. Think 10 years ago

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramsey and Stafford are the only 2 trades we have made with multiple first rounders. Cooks was dam good the Super Bowl year. Watkins not a great trade. What other trades were bad skippy? You’re going downhill again and I don’t really understand how the hell you can be bitching so much. Think 10 years ago
It’s simple

the team keeps trading away valuable picks and are in cap hell by extending players too soon and then having to eat serious cap just to get rid of them a year after signing them to ridiculous contracts ( Cooks, Gurley, Goff ).

and now Stafford is supposed to be the magic savior for the offense.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s simple

the team keeps trading away valuable picks and are in cap hell by extending players too soon and then having to eat serious cap just to get rid of them a year after signing them to ridiculous contracts ( Cooks, Gurley, Goff ).

and now Stafford is supposed to be the magic savior for the offense.

Just jump off the cliff already. We can talk later when the restructuring begins.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where I see the Rams going to Donald and Ramsey, even Stafford to figure out how to restructure their contracts.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs doing some restructuring as well. This after they released both offensive tackles.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs doing some restructuring as well. This after they released both offensive tackles.

I thought I read a few days ago about trading Woods was a possibility to free up some cap space. Think trading him to Jacksonville for a pick or two would be a good idea since we’re usually good at drafting day two receivers?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I read a few days ago about trading Woods was a possibility to free up some cap space. Think trading him to Jacksonville for a pick or two would be a good idea since we’re usually good at drafting day two receivers?

It’s possible we trade Woods but I doubt it unless someone offers a lot. We won’t find a Woods on day 2 of the draft. You never know with this FO but it’s doubtful. Especially with Mcvay valuing WRs the way he does.

This is a weird year with the cap so we might see some weird moves by all teams. The Chiefs cutting both offensive tackles is pretty wild. But we could too it’s possible