• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talk of McVay leaving would be complete garbage, are you fucking kidding me, based on what, exactly? McVay is the one that changed our culture and have us contending, no longer mediocre.
WOW, you went off in left field on this one Battlelyon.

Jermaine was talking about this Stafford deal being Snead engendered, and if he was wrong he would be fired. I was thinking it wasn't Snead engendered rather McVay engendered so there would be no firings.

What I think, is that McVay is so entrenched in the culture, he has the leverage to pull off such a brass deal that Rams ownership is in 100% and that Snead is just the dude pulling the strings for McVay to get the roster right.

FWIW - I do think the culture is deeper than McVay, Snead combined, it's collective and likely the most progressive in all sports, and I say that as a compliment.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jermaine was talking about this Stafford deal being Snead engendered, and if he was wrong he would be fired. I was thinking it wasn't Snead engendered rather McVay engendered so there would be no firings.

What I think, is that McVay is so entrenched, he has the leverage to pull off such a brass deal that Rams ownership is in 100% and that Snead is just the dude pulling the strings for McVay to get the roster right.

FWIW - I do think the culture is deeper than McVay, Snead combined, it's collective and likely the most progressive in all sports, and I say that as a compliment.

Sorry, Yeah, I read that wrong.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's quite nice hearing that players want to team up with Stafford(likely meaning cheaper contracts)... Who was the last Rams QB we heard that about? :suds:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be great if we could get a few of our big money players renegotiate to open room for a few guys that could make a huge difference at least one or two seasons.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, did you all hear that Goff basically hung up on McVay to speak to his father after the trade? I have always been a Goff guy, perhaps too much at times, but this is classless.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really Rams news but still found it interesting nonetheless:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really Rams news but still found it interesting nonetheless:

The dude scrambles a lot, and he's got to be top 5, maybe higher in regards to the amount of time holding onto the ball. Wilson, Big Ben, and Mahomes are all in that same camp. I don't think that's so much about an offensive line's ability to protect the QB...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What I think, is that McVay is so entrenched in the culture, he has the leverage to pull off such a brass deal that Rams ownership is in 100% and that Snead is just the dude pulling the strings for McVay to get the roster right.

Yep. For the record everyone, McVay called the Limp Biscuit and asked permission to move Goff for Stafford. He was granted permission. BTW, the NFL does have a nepotism problem and it is in the NFL, like the old cliche, NOT WHAT YOU KNOW BUT WHO YOU KNOW. Joe Barry is a prime example of that cluster eff-job.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cap is going to land in the range of $180-$182 mil for this coming season. That is great news for the Rams because if it was going to be in the original $172 figure, the Rams were going to be in deep shit. Now we are going to be around $13-$15 mil over the cap and that provides some serious relief as a few re-structures and JJ will be re-signed. The Rams are going to let Floyd, Everett, Brown, Reynolds, Ebukam, and McQuaide all walk. We just can't afford their demands. Hill and Williams will probably be re-signed with modest increases in salary. Floyd may sign for a few dollars more. Blythe will probably concede and re-sign although if I were McSnead, I'd tell him to go pound sand and get the big and nasty Dickerson, Center from Alabama in the draft.

However many of the Rams FA players have seen what has happened to other ex-Ram FAs' careers like Gurley, Fowler, and Littleton when they chased the money and they are thinking twice before they move on. McVay and his winning culture does have that kind of clout these days. They are also seeing that the Rams are close to be favored to win it all in the next couple of years but when a player leaves for money and leaves the notion that they could win a championship laying in the dirt, the overwhelming response is to take the money which tells you right away that money is the real motivating factor for playing in the NFL, not championships.

But again, Suh finally got his ring and the money. So many players would tell anybody in response to the question of which is more important, that the real answer is both. Suh would answer "both". We shall see on this one when it comes to the 17 FAs we have this year. Stay Tuned!

BTW, if Reynolds leaves, and the chances are good that he does, Marvin Jones Jr would be a logical upgrade for a number of reasons. The chances are improving daily that Jones Jr will sign with the Rams. Stafford is pushing McSnead to sign him because Jones is a Stafford favs: The dude has 4.3 speed; The two have combined for many deep ball TDs; Jones Jr would be the speedy deep threat we have not had for some time.

Those reasons alone would make any GM/HC combo move to sign Marvin Jones Jr. So expect to see him in those dopey jackass unis and those pussified horns come May-July. That would be a great addition.

Last edited:

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude scrambles a lot, and he's got to be top 5, maybe higher in regards to the amount of time holding onto the ball. Wilson, Big Ben, and Mahomes are all in that same camp. I don't think that's so much about an offensive line's ability to protect the QB...
Russ's line hasn't been that good, i don't recall their FO spending high on the line in recent yrs but i could be wrong tho. A seehawk fan can correct me on this.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If McSnead want to continue to trade away our first rounders, Pro Bowl left Tackle Orlando Brown Jr. wants out of Baltimore. Get on the phone you two knuckleheads!!

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If McSnead want to continue to trade away our first rounders, Pro Bowl left Tackle Orlando Brown Jr. wants out of Baltimore. Get on the phone you two knuckleheads!!
at this point how far out can we trade?? Might as well throw in 2026 for Brown and then we'll have our future LT, can draft a Center in the 3rd.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ's line hasn't been that good, i don't recall their FO spending high on the line in recent yrs but i could be wrong tho. A seehawk fan can correct me on this.
Oh, I’m not saying the Hags OL is good or anything like that, just those stats they listed were not all about the line‘s failures rather also include Russ’ tendency to hang onto the ball longer than most QB’s in the league.

The fact that the Hags line sucks too was apparent during the Rams Wildcard win in Seattle. Russ was running for his life, too bad the same dudes couldn’t knock Rodgers off the mark like the WC Bucs did the very next week. Had they we very well could have been facing that WC Bucs in the NFC Championship Game...

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stats on Donald are mind blowing.

guy is unreal

3rd team to not have a 1st round pick for 7 consecutive seasons is disheartening.
It is, but as others have said, we got Ramsey, thats like getting a 1st rounder, We are getting Stafford, hopefully that will turn out like getting a 1st rounder. And again a lot of 1st rounders dont pan out anyway, so hopefully they do their homework and some of our late rounders turn into 1st round types???

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of 1st rounders dont pan out anyway
Then again, when we look at AD, sometimes they do...

Here are some of the best 1st rounders of all time...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes a blind squirrel finds the nut. AD was a Fisher selection no less. Go figure.