• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So currently we sit with:

2nd rounder
3rd rounder
3rd rounder for Fowler
4th rounder for Littleton
6th rounder
7th rounder

you know we will trade down at least once so we will still have 7 picks come draft day.

and yeah it’s possible we sign JJ but it’s also possible with the new cap, we don’t sign JJ and instead we roll with our current safeties. Getting Jordan Fuller in the 6th round was huge last year.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So currently we sit with:

2nd rounder
3rd rounder
3rd rounder for Fowler
4th rounder for Littleton
6th rounder
7th rounder

you know we will trade down at least once so we will still have 7 picks come draft day.

and yeah it’s possible we sign JJ but it’s also possible with the new cap, we don’t sign JJ and instead we roll with our current safeties. Getting Jordan Fuller in the 6th round was huge last year.
Does this include the minority coach loses?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this include the minority coach loses?

yes I believe we gave the Lions the 3rd rounder that we got for Holmes leaving. So he got his own pick essentially. Could be missing one but I don’t think so

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question is where do we upgrade?

center? Could in the 2nd or 3rd
LT? Not sure what will be there when we pick
ILB? Sure
Edge? Guessing we sign another 1 year deal
CB? Maybe
Safety I’m guessing later if we don’t sign JJ

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ76, I believed ya missed a 3rd round comp pick for Ray Agnew and Audrey Pleasant each, both Blacks of the FO and coaching persuasion that also left. Both got promoted which qualifies us for comp picks. So we get one each this year and next. So right now we have 4 third rounders.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ76, I believed ya missed a 3rd round comp pick for Ray Agnew and Audrey Pleasant each, both Blacks of the FO and coaching persuasion that also left. Both got promoted which qualifies us for comp picks. So we get one each this year and next. So right now we have 4 third rounders.

Man I hope so but I didn’t see that anywhere.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new rule is a team is compensated with two years of consecutive drafts picks when a minority coach or FO personnel leaves and gets promoted in the process of leaving. Brad Holmes, Ray Agnew, and Audrey Pleasant all qualifies the Rams to receive a comp pick for two years in a row. We traded the Holmes third rounder in the Goff deal. That leaves a total of three remaining.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new rule is a team is compensated with two years of consecutive drafts picks when a minority coach or FO personnel leaves and gets promoted in the process of leaving. Brad Holmes, Ray Agnew, and Audrey Pleasant all qualifies the Rams to receive a comp pick for two years in a row. We traded the Holmes third rounder in the Goff deal. That leaves a total of three remaining.
I really don’t know all the details with Comp picks however do know that with FA‘s the comp picks always are compensated the following year. Is it different with coaching comps?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like minority front office or coaches leaving a team must be promoted to GM to receive the said compensation. Here is the explanation verbatim. Looks like we only get one third rounder for Holmes which we then traded in the Goff trade. So SJ76 was right and I was off a bit.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And some of you can say Goff doesn't get the Rams back to the SB, and the Rams defense will carry them through with a guy like Matt at the helm, but some of you need to ask yourselves, would it have made a difference if the Rams had Stafford under center in Green Bay for this years playoff game?
So it was fresh for me when I made this post, and I got to say I'm coming around on the trade details. Just pisses me off (Obviously) that we continue to dig holes where we need to give up picks on players we extend early. There is just not enough up side, and too much down side when we do those deals.

Thought I would answer my own question since no one here was willing to answer what seemed to be an obvious answer.

With Matt on the Roster all season last year pushes the Rams as the No. 1 seed with a bye, and hosts Green Bay in LA. That defense getting an extra weeks rest and obviously less mileage throughout the season since Staff wouldn't have turned the ball over at such a high rate helps too. Also, wasn't it the Wild Card game that AD got hurt in while sacking Wilson? Yeah, Goff was good in that game in Green Bay but I believe that Rams defense plays AR a lot different on a bye in Sofi with Green Bay playing the week prior, and the Rams not having to deal with the freezing temperatures they actually had to as the Bye team in Green Bay.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an interesting article. It chronicles just how Snead blew all those picks we got in the RGIII trade way back when. He doesn't look so genius then.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it interesting that the Rams continue to have first rounders that McSnead did not select be the cornerstones of the offense and defense. Sooner or later this nonsense of giving-up first rounders because you think they are a waste of time yet you have a few on your team that are the bedrock of said Rams teams is just a tad hypocriticaland will come back to bite your ass. They could easily have off years but EVERY frikin' year is a bit obsessive. McSnead need to reconsider this nonsense. They have until 2024 to get it out of their systems and begin choosing more wisely in ALL of the Draft.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'
hell to the no! what's the point in even making the trade in the 1st place??? Just to be in the same boat and have to score 45 to win games?? No thanks Watson is good but def not worth Donald and Ramsey.
He's not worth either one Jermaine, much less all those picks too